The Meaning of Life

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

The Meaning of Life

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

One day, God created the dog and said:

"Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said: "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?" So God agreed.

On the next day, God created the monkey and said: "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."

The monkey said: "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the dog did?" And God agreed.

On the next day, God created the cow and said: "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under
the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this,I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said: "That's kind of a tough life. You want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"
And God agreed again..

Then on the next day, God created man and said: "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years." But man said: "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten
the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."

So that is why the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Life is like a sh*t sandwich:

"The more bread you have, the less sh*t you have to eat."

Siggy's meaning of life:

You go to the newsstand...The newspaper costs 25 cents--You have 15 cents...THAT'S LIFE!!! :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
schuette

Post by schuette »

meaning of life......it's fucking shit....you work for a pittance....you come home and your too tired for shit...jings I could go on..

what you have the day may be gone the morra.....dont take anything for granted and never go to sleep on an argument...
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Isn't that aggravating? We can't blame it on anyone else, and no one else can do a thing for us.
You've just got to decide to be happy, whether or not your logical mind thinks it is rational to be happy and whether or not your moral sense thinks you deserve to be happy.
You absolutely will not be happy for any length of time until you decide to, and if you decide to, you can be happy in the face of the most miserable circumstances.

Happy deciding.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
schuette

Post by schuette »

schuette wrote:meaning of life......it's fucking shit....you work for a pittance....you come home and your too tired for shit...jings I could go on..

what you have the day may be gone the morra.....dont take anything for granted and never go to sleep on an argument...
i forgot about this....I was obviously in a pissed off mood that day :lol:
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Isn't that aggravating? We can't blame it on anyone else, and no one else can do a thing for us.
You've just got to decide to be happy, whether or not your logical mind thinks it is rational to be happy and whether or not your moral sense thinks you deserve to be happy.
You absolutely will not be happy for any length of time until you decide to, and if you decide to, you can be happy in the face of the most miserable circumstances.

Happy deciding.
I decided! I choose to be happy! :-D So I told him to hit the road! :cool: And it feels gooooood. :-D
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
schuette

Post by schuette »

good for your PV :-D
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Why thank you! :-D And I'd like to thank all the little people who helped me get here... Pan?? Will you please stand? Oh, you are... ;-)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

PV wrote:Why thank you! :-D And I'd like to thank all the little people who helped me get here... Pan?? Will you please stand? Oh, you are... ;-)
Can you se my hands, PV? ;) Oh, and welks! :-D
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Are your knuckles bloody, Pan?
Onward and Upward!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

No... Just boney... :( *rubs arm*
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sorry, Sis. Next time step between her and dad?
Onward and Upward!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I couldn't... He was being a draft dodger... She just came at me! There was nowhere for me to go! :(
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oy! That is difficult to deal with then. Ah well, at least they are just bony, not bloody!
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Onward and Upward!