Conflicts in the Middle East

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

Conflicts in the Middle East

Post by Me »

Anyone have any opinions, solutions, thoughts, ideologies?

I'll start with the opinion that unfortunately in the name of religion, wars start! "I think it is more about econmics and the oppressed people
of these rogue states". "It is dispicable of them to use religion as a scape goat." Of course' they all don't hide behind that cloak, but it is just plain wrong to do so! Some of the conditions in these countries would make most of you call, "mommy come help me"! The road they are traving now is not and will not get them any where... "except a quicker way to leave this earth." In the end who is going to be paying for all this distruction?
You, I and others. "What will it bring"? A stable economic country for about six or seven years, then we can do it all over again and thin the herd once again.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
schuette

Post by schuette »

you talking about Israel and Lebanon..?
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I'm really REALLY disturbed by what is going on these days. I mean any kind of fundamentalist religion is just dangerous. It seems these days we're going BACKWARDS, not forwards. The world is getting smaller with technology and this should allow people grow together. Progress?

Progress, indeed!

It seems the noose is tightening and it's almost as if people are in a panic clinging to some of the outdated ideals linked and turning anything positive about beliefs to an extreme negative.

And YES, I'm also talking about fundamentalists here too. Many are clueless in their hatred (what happened to God is Love?). These are the same people who want to wipe out Muslim fundamentalists off the map.

As my sister says, "Mirror! Hello?"

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Me

Post by Me »

I'll post more on this tomorrow to try and clairify my statement above

Well later today insomnia from the steriods I usually sleep well
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

This fighting, if you look in history, has been going on not for just centuries, but for thousands of years. How many times has it been that one nation has tried to commit genocied against the Jews?

This is not just a religious issue. These people hate each other for who they are born, for one being a Jew and the other an Arab, no matter what religion they choose be it Jewish, Muslim, Chrisitan, Taoist,....

There is nothing that I see we can do to change this mindset. It has to come from within their own cultures, their own people have to choose to want to let go of the hate and get along.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Kares4Rush wrote: And YES, I'm also talking about fundamentalists here too. Many are clueless in their hatred (what happened to God is Love?). These are the same people who want to wipe out Muslim fundamentalists off the map.
As one who has been rightly or wrongly labeled as a fundamentalist, I have to say that not all in that group want to kill off all the Muslim fundamentalists.

I don't want to see them killed off as a whole. I am okay with and agree with killing those in war who are attempting to kill us as well as others (such as Jews) killing them when those others are being attacked, but not just genocide. I don't agree with genocide for any people.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

Terrorism is a tactic towards a political agenda for most, some are truly evil and need to be crushed. The majority of the people just want peace and dignity and with employment and a sound economic structure this can be accomplished.
Me

Post by Me »

To plead the organic causation of a religious state of mind, then, in refutation of its claim to possess superior spirtual value, is quite illogical and arbitrary, unless one have already worked out in advance some psyco-physical theory connecting spirtual values in general with determinate sorts of physiological change. Otherwise none of our thoughts and feelings...could retain any value as revelations of the truth, for evey one of them without exception flows from the state of their possessor's body at the time.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

So then none of our thoughts can be of any use in the determination of truth.
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

My comment was a bit convoluted and confusing. Perhaps I misunderstood Me's comment. I was just expressing my frustration at the pointed hatred that still goes on these days under the guise of religion. I wasn't focusing on any particular religion in general.

Perhaps Fundamentalist was the incorrect term and and I didn't mean to offend you or anyone here, t. :) I know none of us wants genocide or anything like that and people certainly have a right to defend themselves.

I guess I was just expressing my sadness at these extreme "splinter" groups (and yes, some are in this country) that are still around who want nothing else but death to the perceived enemy.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Call me crazy, but I'm with Newt Gingrich....IMHO, you're witnessing the first volleys of WWIII...
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I think we should get all the children, dogs, cats, sheep, camels etc from both sides out. Than we round up the leaders and terrorists from both sides and put a 60 foot tall fence around them. Throw in some grenades, knifes, guns and whatever else they need, slingshots for the palenstinians. and let em have at it. Next we drop a bomb on whoever survives. Problem over. In my politically incorrect opinion.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Nah Soups my man...

As interesting as that proposition sounds, there's a urban legend about what General John "Blackjack" Pershing did to Philippine Islamic terrorists before WWI.

Check it out....I think it would be fitting in this age as well...you can look it up, or I'll send it to you...it's BRUTAL, but I was smiling when I saw that it would probably work TODAY as well... :headbang:
Tommy43sl

Post by Tommy43sl »

The war is pre conceived,, It is a chess game for the manipulation of power greed,, It takes advantage of the ignorant and uneducated.
At the end of the War somebody will profit,, history will be written again by those who have won the influence and captured the power and greed.. Most of all the Leaders who live protected will use the soldiers and innocents at their expense.
what else I think WTF!!!
War Pigs.
to achieve what starts wars Good and Evil,, the ignorant are told to achieve good peace, they must use and become evil themselves.

Mans greatest achievement SELDESTRUCTION.

so much more to say,, my mind is very full..

The world sends and reacts best when disaster strikes,, all money is sent to tsunami victims,, earthqauke,, but stuff in our very backyards are always disregarded in the U.S. we respond faster to tragedies and giving monies elswhere,, than fixing our own levies in New Orleans, our homeless, our starving and unemployed,, even simple stuff in NYC the Electric Power was out for 10 days ( we cant fix that ,, but we quickly send aid in 30 million dollars to help medicine and food to those in lebonan)Ironically sending monies to those who in a viscious cycle have associated closely with terrorist and we still have not taken care of those who suffered and still are medically suffering from illness caused on 9/11,
the WTC towers are not rebuilt.
In the end someone will profit from War and needlessly at the expense of innocents beiing killed,, ..They will make the weapons, they will supply the fighters on both sides at a profit and surely will sit and watch CNN have a drink and smoke a cigar,, waiting all the time for the next war to sell and make more profits...

When will the Human Race all of us realize how senseless this is???????
Statue of Liberty 100 yr Birthday Image and the World Trade Center Stood Tall (double click for larger view)
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

that was a respectable rant, but the ONLY thing I agree with, is the issue of hurrying up and sending buttloads of money overseas...

that bothers me (when I have neighbors right up the road with not enough to eat, and kids starving right here in Appalaichia...and right here at home in the U.S., it's taking two-income families just to MAKE IT...)

on the other hand, we're the richest nation in the world (but hold the phone....China is buying this place by the POUND...did anybody realize THAT???)...why NOT help other parts of the world? (except FRANCE of course....we all KNOW what gratitude THEY have....sheesh)

I'm done...heynow....is it Friday yet?