Conflicts in the Middle East

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Devil's Advocate wrote:
ElfDude wrote:120 rockets into Israel day before yesterday. Nobody seems to have a care in the world, nobody in the media has one word of condemnation for that. We don't know what targets were hit, we don't know how many people died. The Israelis are not parading their victims around on TV for propaganda purposes. It's obvious what's going on.
Further bullshit. The media does cover the rockets that Hezbollah fire into Israel. Or they do cover it here, at least. The reason you don't see Israeli victims is that there are far, far fewer of them. Very few of the Hezbollah rockets kill anyone.

Does the American media have anything on the arms being supplied as we speak to Israel, by the USA?
We sell military stuff to all countries not just Israel. The Iranians have F14s and Venezuela use F16's... nothing new there
Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Devil's Advocate wrote: Further bullshit.
That's why I'm here.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

But the reporting on Qana really is turning out to be a lot like the reporting immediately following Katrina.

The original reports had fifty-seven dead after the Israeli attack. Now the Red Cross has said there were twenty-seven bodies that they've recovered, mostly "women and children." It's also been learned that the building in which these people were housed somehow stood for six to eight hours after the Israeli assault. So it is being posited out there that perhaps the Hezbos brought the building down themselves after the Israeli attack failed to do so, creating their own dead, murdering their own civilians -- and why would anyone think that's a stretch?

They strap bombs on their own kids and send them out to blow themselves and innocent Israelis up. That's been going on for years. They are an enemy that considers the death of their own children a victory. This is who they are. This is the way they fight wars. Since they can't compete militarily, they have to fight the spin war and the PR war.

A very similar media frenzy happened in Jenin four years ago. Check out what the managing editor of the Weekly Standard wrote on 5/8/2002.
PRECISELY A MONTH AGO, on April 8, the Palestinian news agency Wafa was reporting that Israel had committed the "massacre of the 21st century" in the Palestinian refugee camp in Jenin. "Medical sources" informed Wafa of "hundreds of martyrs." This was a lie, concocted not only for local consumption--to keep the Palestinian people whipped up in a patriotic, Israel-hating frenzy--but mostly for export to the West.

That same day, you could hear breathless reports of the supposed Israeli atrocities in Jenin being spread by Palestinian sources on NPR, CNN, and elsewhere. Typical was the hysteria of Nasser al-Kidwa, the Palestinian representative to the United Nations, on CNN: "There's almost a massacre now taking place in Jenin. Helicopter gun ships are throwing missiles at one square kilometer packed with almost 15,000 people in a refugee camp. . . . Just look at the TV and watch, watch what the--what the Israel forces are doing. . . . This is a war crime, clear war crime, witnessed by the whole world, preventing ambulances, preventing people from being buried. I mean this is an all-out assault against the whole population."

No, this was an all-out assault on the truth. There was a pitched battle in Jenin. But the "hundreds" of martyrs were a cynical invention. The death toll was 56 Palestinians, the majority of them combatants, and 23 Israeli soldiers.

Unlike the celebrated foreign-dispatch lies of the 20th century--the New York Times's Walter Duranty Pulitzer-winning cover-up of Stalin's murderous Ukraine famine, say, or Herbert Matthews's 1957 reports
of Senor Fidel Castro's hopes for a "democratic Cuba"--the Jenin fraud has been almost entirely inflated and then deflated in the short space of a month. I think it's safe to say that no one will win a Pulitzer for reporting on the (non-existent) "massacre of the 21st century." This was amateur-hour propaganda, and any reporter who fell for it should be mortified.
Still using the same playbook.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

yeah I guess that is a stretch eh DA? People who strap bombs on their children would never put their women and children behind a missle launcher :roll: yeah never... please. "What is get a clue for $500, Alex"
Happy 2015!
Me

Post by Me »

I'll take door number three Alex
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:yeah I guess that is a stretch eh DA? People who strap bombs on their children would never put their women and children behind a missle launcher :roll: yeah never... please. "What is get a clue for $500, Alex"
I'd like "They Just Don't Get It" for $100 Alex
Don't start none...won't be none.
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

I think you're missing the point.

I'm not defending Hezbollah. I am saying that the accusations made against them concerning the Qana attack are bullshit.

The fundamental standpoint I'm working from here is that it's wrong to kill people - even when Israel do it.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

agreed
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I'm sitting this one out, BUT...(I'm not bowing out THAT fast)...

has it crossed anyones' minds that the civilians that were killed and wounded were FORCED to STAY???

huh??? what???
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Devil's Advocate wrote:
The fundamental standpoint I'm working from here is that it's wrong to kill people - even when Israel do it.
Wrong under and and every circumstance?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I can't say that a nation that is fighting to not be wiped off the face of the earth is wrong in defending itself.

Since the first day Israel became a nation again with a homeland someone has been trying to destroy them. If they didn't defend themselves, they would not be.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Dawn... I wasn't asking you...
*gives stern look*
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*is chided*

*slinks off to go make fry bread or summat*

hehe
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Why is it when one of these Islam knuckleheads talk about killing someone, they always say God willing? Do they really believe God is going to help them kill someone?
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

because they were RAISED to HATE...just like summa US....sad but true...