where do i go from here

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

GRAPHITE_BLIMPS

where do i go from here

Post by GRAPHITE_BLIMPS »

hello every one

Ive had my Rush in Rio DVD and Moving Pictures since around Christmas but the true brilliance of Rush never hit me until i recently bought 2112... and now i can't stop listening to them!!!

so my question is, what album should i buy next? as ive said i have Moving Pictures, 2112 and Rush in Rio DVD

Just think of what my life might be
In a world like I have seen!
I don't think I can carry on
Carry on this cold and empty life

-2112 - VI - Soliloquy (probably the most emotional lyrics ever written or sung)
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Oh, where to start. So far you are right on the money. 2112 is what hooked me and I have never looked back. I say start from the beginning, and then you can go thru the Rush experience.
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

Welcome graphite...hope you have fun here :-D

and I agree with hairy.....if you're like me you'll love all the albums :cool:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Welcome too! Well, Graph...MY first experience was All The World's A Stage. True it was out YEARS before but my old boyfriend thought it would be a cool beginning for me as I played the drums back then. It was..."Ladies and Gentlemen...the Professorrrr on the drums..." WHAM! But the whole album took the ever-lovin PISS outta me (excuse me for using weird language in front of a newbie but it was TRUE). Geddy's thumpin' on that Rick and Alex's wailing on the guitar. I have never been so beautifully de-flowered in my life.

Rush was IT for me. (sorry for going on so...you didn't ask about our experiences).

2112 is just about as slam-dunk as you can get before MovingPictures but my favorite (you can say "favorite" which is never true because it's never true on a Tuesday at Noon--duh--in other words NO favorite as you grow and change) to inject some Rush into your young soul is Permanent Waves. After Hemispheres and A Farewell to Kings (tolja...I was playing catch-up) this album stole my soul. It has everything...and anything.

Just my $1.49. :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I would agree with The Hairy Mountain, but for one thing. The first album is so unlike the rest, you need to keep that in mind. Still starting at the beginning and moving forward is a good way to do that. Gives a good perspective of the band.
Onward and Upward!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

If you like the Moving Pictures and 2112 sound, something like Permanent Waves and/or Hemispheres would be a good choice.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Just give em all a rip. You will not lose no matter what, we promise.
This space for rent
GRAPHITE_BLIMPS

Post by GRAPHITE_BLIMPS »

thank you everybody

well i asked for almost every album they've released for Christmas so i'll go from there when that day comes :razz: can't wait though
Just think of what my life might be
In a world like I have seen!
I don't think I can carry on
Carry on this cold and empty life

-2112 - VI - Soliloquy (probably the most emotional lyrics ever written or sung)
raj

Post by raj »

I would recommend Permanent Waves also. Spirit of Radio,Freewill and Natural Science are cracking tunes. Then try Grace Under Pressure, Signals, Hemispheres, A Fairwell to Kings and Fly By Night.
Do not forget the other live albums, especially Different Stages. The energy they create on stage is unbelievable.
Also check out the R30 DVD. It is brilliant.
Then go see them in concert, I can guarantee you will be blown away. I can't wait until they come back to the United Kingdom.
You can be the captain, I will draw the chart, sailing into destiny, closer to the heart.
Barry Manilow

Post by Barry Manilow »

and than may I suggest My Greatest Hits?
Looks like we made it.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Barry Manilow wrote:and than may I suggest My Greatest Hits?
You MAY, but we would suggest anything by Rush over that.

A Farewll To Kings is a MUST, Graph!
Onward and Upward!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Barry Manilow wrote:and than may I suggest My Greatest Hits?
Only in the shower will Barry be played....
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I found out recently that my husband used to have a Barry Manilo LP that he would like to spin occasionally. :shock:
Onward and Upward!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

awip2062 wrote:I found out recently that my husband used to have a Barry Manilo LP that he would like to spin occasionally. :shock:
And you STILL married the guy...

That's unconditional love right there, t...

You are a great woman!!!! :-D
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Barry Manifold's Xmas album is in my house....never played though :-D