Planet Rock Best solo Poll

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Planet Rock Best solo Poll

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

from Yahoo

Pink Floyd secure guitar solo title Monday

Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb has the best guitar solo of all time, according to a new poll.

It was chosen ahead of the opening riff from Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.

Third was Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd, while Eruption by Van Halen was fourth and Guns N' Roses' November Rain fifth.

Led Zeppelin classic Stairway to Heaven was in sixth place.

Radio station Planet Rock asked listeners to come up with a top 40.

The rest of the top 10 featured Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits, Aqualung by Jethro Tull, Hotel California by The Eagles and Child In Time by Deep Purple.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I just have to say that I think the listeners made a good choice for their #1. I think that song is just amazing in the way Gilmour makes his guitar sing. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I agree with the #1 100%.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

If I had to pick ten personal "holy shit!" moments in music that would easily make the top three...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

PV wrote:I just have to say that I think the listeners made a good choice for their #1. I think that song is just amazing in the way Gilmour makes his guitar sing. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.
I'm with you.....Gilmour is on the same plane with BB King and Clapton, with respect to being able to say SO MUCH in just a few notes....

One thing tough.....IMHO, the "Working Man" solo got dissed....WTF???
Don't start none...won't be none.