The Terrorists are Winning

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Both Bin Laden (at least his mouth pieces) and President Mahmoud Whats-his-name in Iran are promising more attacks. Wouldn't it be stupid of us not to expect them?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I think we should expect, that I had no trouble with. History proves again and again that we will be attacked. But the fact that people are "very fearful", as opposed to expectant (the rest of the quote showed it was a real I'm terrified type of fear) and some are so filled with fear to the point that they would have people turn a shirt inside out so as not to frighten someone....*sigh*

As far as the one who thinks it was our own government that perpetrated the attacks...well, I think the terrorists are happy when our people are so at odds with the government that they will believe that we killed our own people purposefully.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

These terrorists are absolutely amazing at playing our media. You've gotta give 'em that. They can play our media the way Neil can play the drums.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yes. I may not agree with their worldview, but I definitely won't call them stupid!
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I see it like this...............It is unwise to yell fire in a crowded movie house right?

What happens is people panic, and mob the doors. People get crushed in the fray to exit..................................... dumb ass should have thought of HOW the shirt MIGHT effect the masses prior to wearing it into a PLANE, of all places now a days.

Now I do believe in freedom of expression, and alla that, but think about it a bit first. You don't say "Hi Jack", in an airport now do you???!?!?!?!?!

The security might have been a bit touchy, but I would have done the EXACT same thing, if it were my job.
This space for rent
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Walkinghairball wrote:dumb ass should have thought of HOW the shirt MIGHT effect the masses prior to wearing it into a PLANE, of all places now a days.

Now I do believe in freedom of expression, and alla that, but think about it a bit first. You don't say "Hi Jack", in an airport now do you???!?!?!?!?!
Amen, Hairy! Everyone is just looking for an excuse for walking around with their head up their ass. Pull your heads out people, think about what you are doing/saying, and if you still think it's right, then get on with it. Otherwise, stfu and sit down.[/quote]
Last edited by PV on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

^^^^hell yeah!!! what she said.... ^^^
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

But a picture of two guns on a shirt scaring people? Please...
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Now THIS is warped...
Ben Lewandowski says he was only trying to be patriotic when he wore a homemade T-shirt featuring an American flag bumper sticker and the words "Remember 9/11" to Lincoln Park High School on Monday.

After all, it was Sept. 11 -- five years after the terrorist attacks.

The 17-year-old Lincoln Park resident put the shirt on Monday morning and headed to school -- where he was quickly sent to the office and suspended for three days for violating the school's dress code.

He was one of at least seven students sent home for wearing shirts featuring patriotic images and messages. It comes less than a week after three siblings were suspended for wearing shirts emblazoned with the First Amendment, despite warnings, and a week after more than 200 students were sent home on the first day of school for violating the district's dress code -- which bans apparel with writing or pictures.

For Lewandowski, who was sent home on the first day of school for wearing a shirt with writing on it, Monday's incident was his second offense.

"I was frustrated," said the junior, whose desire to become a firefighter was fueled after the Sept. 11 attacks. "It just made me so mad that I can't be patriotic."

Lincoln Park Schools Superintendent Randall Kite said the high school held a moment of silence Monday to give students an outlet to show their patriotism. He said some students had asked last week whether they could wear shirts to commemorate the day, and they were told no.

"We didn't think it would be appropriate, because of the dress code, to wear T-shirts with writing," he said Tuesday.

According to the dress code, students are allowed to wear school-sanctioned clothing, such as T-shirts bearing the school's mascot or clothing that supports school organizations.

This, according to the ACLU of Michigan, may violate the students' rights, particularly because it allows students to wear clothing that encourages school spirit but bans other forms of expression. ACLU officials have said that they plan to look into the constitutionality of the dress code.
Entire article http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... /609130320
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

wtf?? :? That has got to be one of the most assinine things I have ever read!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That is messed up!
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

same thing here PV....they ban shirts like "FUBU" (for US--by US) and gang-related graphics(and RIGHTLY so), confederate battle flags (notice I didn't say REBEL flag?) and such, but allow school colors....where do ya draw the line?
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

That probably should have gone over in the Political Correctness on Campus thread, but since we were talking about reactions to T-shirts...

Man, even the ACLU seems to be on the right side of this one. And they hate patriotism! 8)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I must admit I do not always disagree with cases the ACLU takes.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:That probably should have gone over in the Political Correctness on Campus thread, but since we were talking about reactions to T-shirts...

Man, even the ACLU seems to be on the right side of this one. And they hate patriotism! 8)
Don'tcha all know Michael Moore has the answer for EVERYTHING!!!

(and you're right Elfie) :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.