The Terrorists are Winning

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I thought 42 was the answer to everything?
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:That probably should have gone over in the Political Correctness on Campus thread, but since we were talking about reactions to T-shirts...

Man, even the ACLU seems to be on the right side of this one. And they hate patriotism! 8)
Don'tcha all know Michael Moore has the answer for EVERYTHING!!!

(and you're right Elfie) :-D
T-shirt seen. Under a picture of Michael Moore the caption
"High in cholesterol, low in truth"
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:That probably should have gone over in the Political Correctness on Campus thread, but since we were talking about reactions to T-shirts...

Man, even the ACLU seems to be on the right side of this one. And they hate patriotism! 8)
Don'tcha all know Michael Moore has the answer for EVERYTHING!!!

(and you're right Elfie) :-D
T-shirt seen. Under a picture of Michael Moore the caption
"High in cholesterol, low in truth"
*snickers clandestinely* do they sell that in 2XL? :shock: :? :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Walkinghairball wrote:................................. dumb ass should have thought of HOW the shirt MIGHT effect the masses prior to wearing it into a PLANE, of all places now a days.
Och, I didn't know terroists wear shirts that advertise they are about to hijack a plane...I guess I'll have to watch out for those fuckers :roll:
We're all mad here!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

CygnusX1 wrote:....where do ya draw the line?
You don't...because when you do you are taking away the freedoms you are fighting for. If some dumbass kid wants to wear a "I hate Martin Luther King" t-shirt during balck history month, then let them...and so what if ged their ass kicked at school too :twisted:
We're all mad here!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Xanadu wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:....where do ya draw the line?
You don't...because when you do you are taking away the freedoms you are fighting for. If some dumbass kid wants to wear a "I hate Martin Luther King" t-shirt during balck history month, then let them...and so what if ged their ass kicked at school too :twisted:
In THAT case...I want a "White History Month" too...Fair is fair. :twisted:

Am I wrong?

j/k Xan....I getcha....and HI!!! where ya been? :shock: :?
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

just standing here in my Socks :-D
We're all mad here!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Xanadu wrote:just standing here in my Socks :-D
That's IT??? Just your SOCKS???

sha--WEEEEEEET. :headbang:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Have you all heard about the play that won't go on in Germany because it might offend Muslims? The play has the severed heads of the Greek god of the sea, Poseidon, Mohammed, Jesus and Buddha in it. It was pulled by the director.

From the article:

"Harms defended her decision, which she described as "weighing artistic freedom and freedom of a theater ... against the question of security for people's lives."

But the move immediately provoked strong reactions across Germany.

Outraged politicians called the decision to pull the production "crazy" and "a fatal signal" of caving into extremism. Response from Germany's Islamic community was mixed, with some praising the decision and others calling on Muslims to accept the role of provocation in art.

The leader of Germany's Islamic Council welcomed the move, saying a depiction of Mohammed with a severed head "could certainly offend Muslims."

But in an interview with German radio, Ali Kizilkaya added: "I think it is horrible that one has to be afraid ... That is not the right way to open dialogue."

The leader of Germany's Turkish community said it was time Muslims accepted freedom of expression in art.

"This is about art, not about politics," Kenan Kolat told Bavarian Radio. "We should not make art dependent on religion -- then we are back in the Middle Ages."

Neuenfels has insisted his staging not be altered, saying the scene where the king presents the severed heads represents his protest against "any form of organized religion or its founders."

and a bit later in the article:

"Still, many in normally open and tolerant Berlin, which has become a home for cutting edge and often contentious artistic productions, cautioned against compromising on issues of freedom of speech and art.

"Our ideas about openness, tolerance and freedom must be lived on the offensive. Voluntary self-limitation gives those who fight against our values a confirmation in advance that we will not stand behind them," said Mayor Klaus Wowereit."

You can read the whole thing at: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09 ... topstories
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

nice...more PC caving-in. I'm going to the Pit Stop for a slamma. :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Sounds like a play I'd find offensive too. But I wouldn't advocate bombings and beheadings over it.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

MATT'S NEST POST IS NUMBER 2112! :shock: 8)
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:Sounds like a play I'd find offensive too. But I wouldn't advocate bombings and beheadings over it.
"Rocky Horror Picture Show" was offensive to me(at first)...but I didn't contribute to global weakness because of it.

(especially when the audience broke the squirt guns out...I almost punched a guy's lights out behind me, 'cuz I didn't know it was part of "audience participation".)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL!

Sounds like some of the shows at Disneyland! hehe My poor Dovey didn't like all the "bugs" crawling under her bottom. hehe
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:LOL!

Sounds like some of the shows at Disneyland! hehe My poor Dovey didn't like all the "bugs" crawling under her bottom. hehe
Yep....don't know if the younger folks know about it, but they threw toast, popcorn, squirted people...everything but the kitchen sink...unbelievable.