New war coming soon to a theater not near you

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

New war coming soon to a theater not near you

Post by Big Blue Owl »

What are your thoughts on the prospect of invading/bombing/going to war with Iran?
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Me

Post by Me »

Inconceivable....

There are some clues you could watch for to get a better picture, just like other things in life, investing etc. I?d watch carefully if Mr. Cheney runs as a candidate for president. :shock: Alliance Contractor Team out of Sterling VA just was awarded a contract for the Air Force in the amount of $1,080,690,079 (good place to apply for a job right now) you get the picture. A more interseting question to me is;what are the pros and cons of going to war with Iran. At any rate I don't have the answer or an opinion Ijust gave you a tool to try and see more clearly don't paint a picture of me being a war monger, I'm just the janitor.

Here is a good web site

http://www.globalsecurity.org/
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I am OK as long as we do it right. Blast them into submission and don't put our people in there to get killed trying to fight a guerilla war. And let them rebuild their own country. Thats the way we should have handled Iraq. Maybe someday we will learn to use our technolgy to our advantage. :roll:
Happy 2015!
Me

Post by Me »

Passage To Bangkok...

If you all didn't know there is coup going on,
just started today
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Yes. Check it out: www.cnn.com

BTW, it seems as though Iran isn't the only country we'd be at war with if we pounded them. Why isn't there more being made of the "summit" in Cuba? I think that could be a major factor if we war-up Iran.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

one dickhead at a time.
Happy 2015!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Heheh...nice :-D
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

sorry to sound like a war monger, I am just tired of all these third world shithole countries that think they can screw with us. Perfect example, the pope makes some comments, and the natives go wild...
Happy 2015!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Yes, proving that the passage of his speech concerning them was truth. Maybe irony is lost on them.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

just an example... I can't imagine being that fanatical about religion. goes back to my original thought about what God thinks about killing in his name.
Happy 2015!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Seems to add up to a really lousy time to unleash some warrin' on anybody over there. Like throwing gasoline on a bonfire.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

you are probably right
Happy 2015!
schuette

Post by schuette »

Soup4Rush wrote:sorry to sound like a war monger, I am just tired of all these third world shithole countries that think they can screw with us. Perfect example, the pope makes some comments, and the natives go wild...
I am not gonna get drawn into a political/religious battle and this is probably the last thing I'll say about it....slay me if you want but I really think that all religion is fucked up.....if you believe in god then to believe in mohammad/allah.. whatever the fuck you call him is to be ignorant.....to believe in mohammad then believing in god is to be ignorant.....both religions have had a shady past...in my opinon both religions are still shady...... religion has killed more people than any other war!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Please don't take this as trying to fight, but I have another perspective that I would like to put out there. Agree with me or don't, your choice, this is just a position I believe in.

When I look about at the world today, I see a very different world than the one I started life in. Back when I was a young child I recall people being respectful of men of the church. I remember people saying things like, "Hey! Watch your mouth, he's a man of the cloth" when someone near a pastor or priest or other person of faith would curse. People respected men and women of faith (and various faiths, not just Chrisitanity).

Today is quite different though.

Today, the focus is on all the evils of church, religion, faith. I am not saying that we humans who believe in G-d or Allah or whomever/whatever have always been right in our actions. I see much in "Christians" both past and present that I stand against.

Still, I do see the good done by people of faith. I don't hear it talked about though. We decry the wars caused by religion, and rightly so, but we don't mention what has been and is being done to help those who are ravaged by war. For example has anyone here heard of what the church is doing in Dafur?

We scream about all the sick and dying in our world and I have even heard people blame religion for their suffering, but we don't speak about all the people and organizations who are caring for them. Florence Nightingale and Mother Theresa ring any bells? Modern day examples abound, but you will likey never hear anything about them. I think that is sad. So much good is being done, but no one knows about it; they only see the bad.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

here's an idea: nuke'em'tilltheyglow.
Don't start none...won't be none.