Mother Love Bone

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Mother Love Bone

Post by Ogg »

My sister has returned from her three year stint living in Germany. I was browsing through her cd's earlier when I noticed she was trying to hide an album so of course I was curious.
The album in question was only my long lost Mother Love Bone debut 'Apple'. I wonder how many hours I've searched for it and she had it the whole time! I could never fnd a download of it either.
Anyone familiar with this classic? Playing it the now and it's still great.

"Mother Love Bone was a Seattle based rock band active from 1988 to 1990. The group is primarily remembered for its dynamic frontman Andrew Wood whose unique personality and memorable compositions catapulted the group to the top of the burgeoning late 80's/early 90's Seattle music scene. Tragically, Wood died only days before the release of their debut album Apple thus ending the group's hopes of success. Although Mother Love Bone is to this day remembered by many as a very talented band in its own right, its legacy is ultimately overshadowed by Wood's death and the bands that its former members would later form."

Well, 'Pearl Jam' were later formed from the ashes of MLB and this in turn spawned yet another grunge classic, the Temple Of The Dog' collaboration with Chris Cornell and Matt cameron from Soundgarden.

Another great album that the majority of you will ignore :-D .
schuette

Post by schuette »

never heard of them.....but I will look on limewire though
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Re: Mother Love Bone

Post by Walkinghairball »

Ogg wrote:My sister has returned from her three year stint living in Germany. I was browsing through her cd's earlier when I noticed she was trying to hide an album so of course I was curious.
The album in question was only my long lost Mother Love Bone debut 'Apple'. I wonder how many hours I've searched for it and she had it the whole time! I could never fnd a download of it either.
Anyone familiar with this classic? Playing it the now and it's still great.

"Mother Love Bone was a Seattle based rock band active from 1988 to 1990. The group is primarily remembered for its dynamic frontman Andrew Wood whose unique personality and memorable compositions catapulted the group to the top of the burgeoning late 80's/early 90's Seattle music scene. Tragically, Wood died only days before the release of their debut album Apple thus ending the group's hopes of success. Although Mother Love Bone is to this day remembered by many as a very talented band in its own right, its legacy is ultimately overshadowed by Wood's death and the bands that its former members would later form."

Well, 'Pearl Jam' were later formed from the ashes of MLB and this in turn spawned yet another grunge classic, the Temple Of The Dog' collaboration with Chris Cornell and Matt cameron from Soundgarden.

Another great album that the majority of you will ignore :-D .

Don't be so sure of yourself bro, us American Pacific Northwerterners know all about them................................. Seattle is not so far from me, and a lot closer to t. :-D
This space for rent
Ogg

Re: Mother Love Bone

Post by Ogg »

Walkinghairball wrote: Don't be so sure of yourself bro, us American Pacific Northwerterners know all about them................................. Seattle is not so far from me, and a lot closer to t. :-D
So you DO know the band and the one album 'Apple' Bro'?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I didn't hear of them before this, but I was not in the Pac NW back then.

I WILL be in Seattle today though! LOL
Onward and Upward!