By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neil switches to Sabian
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Neil Peart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NeilPeartFan



Joined: 17 Jun 2005
Posts: 47
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awip2062 wrote:
Yeah, NPF, what Bro said is it.

I mean after all, you in your great wisdom determined by looking at one post Aerosmitten made (which was a whole sentence long and a joke at that) that she is a bad drummer proving how much smarter you are than the multiple university professors from two different countries that wanted her to attend their institutions AND how much smarter you are than the co-founder of Musician's Institute who is trying to convince Aero to go into drumming professionally doing studio work.

If you can tell she is a bad drummer simply by that post while she has fooled these professional musicians who have listened to her work, well then, you must need to learn from you.


I will admit, it was a joke and I did over-react, like I stated I did......2 weeks ago? The reason why I over-reacted was because I took alot of offence to someone who says they changed cymbal companies because their idol did.

Go to
www.pearldrummersforum.com and say that you changed your cymbal company because Neil Peart did. Just see the reaction you will get. You would get something along the lines of "You aren't a true drummer" which was meant by my statement when I said "You aren't a good drummer are you?"

I really can't believe how strick this forum is. Seriously, I'm so used to going to the PDF (Pearl Drummer's Forum) and acting the way I do on here and nobody does anything about whatever I do. And to add, the PDF is in the top 100 forums. Funny, how a forum like this is so strick and so into what they talk about and it isn't even in the top 1000 forums.

The PDF has over 18,000 members and yet not one of them care if you say "You aren't a true drummer" because they move on, unlike some people. If someone went on the PDF and was like you aren't a true drummer, they'd be like buzz off prick. Not one drummer have I seen switch any kind of gear because of someone else.

Its just a matter of oppinion. I didn't state that I was smarter than anyone else, I didn't make fun of anyone, all I did was state my oppinion on the situation.

Really though, if you're a drummer and you see another drummer say "Well I switched cymbal companies because of my idol Neil Peart" what goes through your head? Any drummer would know 100% that it seems that they're trying to be the exact same as Neil Peart rather than just using the cymbals they prefer. Which is an insult to any drummer.

Now do you see where I'm coming from? Coming from being a member of an 18,000 member drummer forum who doesn't give a flying shit what anyone else says. They laugh at you if you say things that I said.

Really though. I'm leaving, never coming back again. I would have thought Rush fans like you could give respect to another Rush fan like me no matter what I did or didn't do.

Last edited by NeilPeartFan on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
awip2062



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 25543

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here is what I don't get: You say you knew it was a joke, then you go on about how she is a bad drummer because she switiched cymbals because her idol did.

(A) She really appreciates Neil's work, but he is not her drum idol.
(B) She NEVER switched, and I told you that. She started out on Sabians. Her use of Sabians has nothing to do with Neil.
(C) This board is not STRICT. The people here happen to be treating you this way because it is their way of sticking up for Aero and I because they like us. And they know Aero and that she was kidding about why she uses Sabians.
and finally,
(D) If you don't think someone should use something just because someone else does, why do you keep going on about how so and so or this band or so many people use....(fill int he blank)?
_________________
Onward and Upward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
NeilPeartFan



Joined: 17 Jun 2005
Posts: 47
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awip2062 wrote:
Okay, here is what I don't get: You say you knew it was a joke, then you go on about how she is a bad drummer because she switiched cymbals because her idol did.

(A) She really appreciates Neil's work, but he is not her drum idol.
(B) She NEVER switched, and I told you that. She started out on Sabians. Her use of Sabians has nothing to do with Neil.
(C) This board is not STRICT. The people here happen to be treating you this way because it is their way of sticking up for Aero and I because they like us. And they know Aero and that she was kidding about why she uses Sabians.
and finally,
(D) If you don't think someone should use something just because someone else does, why do you keep going on about how so and so or this band or so many people use....(fill int he blank)?


I knew it was a joke after someone said it was. I believe that person was you. Her post clearly didn't have any clue it was a joke, I thought she was being serious, thats why I over-reacted. Then I said sorry to By-Tor for the stuff I did and said.

A) I just got the impression that it was her idol (Drum idol) since she is appart of a Rush Forum and said she switched cymbal companies BECAUSE of Neil. Just got the impression it was her idol by the way she was talking about him.

B) I know you told me that, you're the one who keeps bringing it up. I knew right after you told me she didn't switch. I didn't say anything about her switching ever again after you told me she didn't. I even said to everyone "I knew it was a joke, I just over-reacted".

C) This board IS strict. Look at other forums compared to this one. The only reason why all of you over-reacted is because you're all a "family" because you only have like 350 members on the whole forum. Its obvious you stick up for someone but you're yet to stick up for me in certain situations. I am yet to make fun of someone on this forum.

D) The reason why I keep going on about that is because there is only a limited amount of companies for drumming gear. I never said anything about someone using something because of someone else did I? All I talked about were drum companies.....Theres very few of them. The average drummer uses Pearl, Tama, Taye, and DW drums and Paiste, Zildjian, and Sabian cymbals. Those are some of the very few drum companies. Theres not many companies to talk about when you're talking about drums.


Last edited by NeilPeartFan on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Soup4Rush



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17561

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you are saying is that we could go over to your drummer's forum and start insulting people by saying they are not good musicians and everybody would just laugh? Shocked Well hell that must be the place to be!!! Have fun.... See ya later buddy... don't forget to write. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Soup4Rush



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17561

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[C) This board IS strict. Look at other forums compared to this one. The only reason why all of you over-reacted is because you're all a "family" because you only have like 350 members on the whole forum. Its obvious you stick up for someone but you're yet to stick up for me in certain situations. I am yet to make fun of someone on this forum.



It will be 349 when you leave pal. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil and it has nothing to do with the board being strict or not... you just can't go around insulting people, in paticular people you don't know. That is called compassion and I would have thought you knew what that meant because you are a Rush fan. Sure you apologized to By-tor in private as well you should have, but what about t and Aero? They are the ones you insulted and when you insult them you insult the rest of us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NeilPeartFan



Joined: 17 Jun 2005
Posts: 47
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soup4Rush wrote:
[C) This board IS strict. Look at other forums compared to this one. The only reason why all of you over-reacted is because you're all a "family" because you only have like 350 members on the whole forum. Its obvious you stick up for someone but you're yet to stick up for me in certain situations. I am yet to make fun of someone on this forum.



It will be 349 when you leave pal. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil and it has nothing to do with the board being strict or not... you just can't go around insulting people, in paticular people you don't know. That is called compassion and I would have thought you knew what that meant because you are a Rush fan. Sure you apologized to By-tor in private as well you should have, but what about t and Aero? They are the ones you insulted and when you insult them you insult the rest of us.


Congrats, you can count! Rolling Eyes I didn't insult anyone, if you haven't noticed already. Compassion? Are you out of your mind? It has nothing to do with that, its called respect and I have none for people who ask for respect when they don't deserve it.

I apologize to one and only one person. If it was that important, By-Tor would have made it public that I said sorry to him for them.


Last edited by NeilPeartFan on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
NeilPeartFan



Joined: 17 Jun 2005
Posts: 47
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soup4Rush wrote:
So what you are saying is that we could go over to your drummer's forum and start insulting people by saying they are not good musicians and everybody would just laugh? Shocked Well hell that must be the place to be!!! Have fun.... See ya later buddy... don't forget to write. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil


Yes, you took the words right out of my mouth. Like I said, they wouldn't care. They would move on. The reason why you could go over there and say things like that is because people never have to say it to eachother. They don't say things like I switched drum companies because of Neil Peart. We don't need to say those things because people have the common sense to not say things like that.

Even though it was a joke, why do you still keep bringing it up? You know I'm not going to say sorry AGAIN so why bother with me?


Last edited by NeilPeartFan on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Soup4Rush



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17561

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it sounds like to me you could give one rat's behind about our feelings and for that matter us. So why are you still here? If you would show a little remorse for what you said to Aero and T we could move on and get back to talking about the stuff we all love. And quit yacking about how you thought it was a joke. We are not idiots around here and we know how you meant it. It was nasty and you hurt some feelings with that comment. Tell you what, don't insult someone on a message board or a drummer's forum. Walk into a "real place" ie bar, restaraunt or maybe a Rush concert and than spout of about somebodies abilities. Hope you can fight is all that I will say about that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
awip2062



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 25543

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeilPeartFan wrote:
Did you not see the part where I said "I over reacted"?

My god, settle down. I knew it was a joke in the first place, I'm a drummer and took offence to it because its rude. Now its over, stfu.


First you say this ^^^^

Now you say this...
NeilPeartFan wrote:
I knew it was a joke after someone said it was.


So which is it?

Rolling Eyes
_________________
Onward and Upward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
awip2062



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 25543

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information about you posting at the drummer's forum. It was really interesting to find out that you set up your ride just like someone you admire does.

NPF's post from there:

"I'm kind of trying new things at the moment. I am listening to Tool alot and noticed Danny Carey took his ride and put it like that so I tried it and wow is it ever comfortable.

I don't JUST play jazz music. Jazz is probably the last thing I end up playing. I'm more into progressive rock style music like Rush, Dream Theater and Tool. Stuff like that. I do play jazz and stuff like that though.

Try your ride out like that, its very comfortable."

So, Aero was joking about doing something Neil did, while NPF actually DID something Carey does, and yet NPF calls Aero out?
_________________
Onward and Upward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Soup4Rush



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17561

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmmmmmm Looks like the big ole fat pot is calling the kettle black, or for the youngsters among us that would be called hypocrisy. (I can say it but not spell it )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
awip2062



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 25543

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did fine, Billy.
_________________
Onward and Upward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Soup4Rush



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17561

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you untape me now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
awip2062



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 25543

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pouts*

I thought you liked the tape.

Oh, okay, you have been such a good Rushian.

*untapes Billy Boy*

Do I need to run now, White Man?
_________________
Onward and Upward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Soup4Rush



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17561

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh you will know if you have to run or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Neil Peart All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group