Rush Devotion

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

rushlight

Rush Devotion

Post by rushlight »

I was a Rush worshipper in high school. The bad thing about that was that everyone else made fun of my obsession. Some of my friends would think of me as Ms. Rush or Ms. Peart. I hated Neil Peart Wannabe and that was from a teacher. Another teacher made fun of them in front of the whole class especially about how old they were while I just sat quietly and blushed.

Fast forward to 2006...

When Dan came to see me, he received lots of compliments when he wore a rush shirt. Some people reminisced about the concerts they went to. When I wore a Rush shirt to a restaurant, one guy would keep talking and talking about them and asking which concerts I went to and what albums I have.

I guess I just went to a very mean school but the people I see here now really love their Rush, pack their concerts, and load up on souvenirs till they explode!

What about any of you guys? Have you seen Rush devotion in your areas? :-)
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Yes, especially at a Red Sox / Blue Jays game at Fenway in Boston,
when I wore a RTB concert tee.

Got into many conversations about the boys that night,
and that made it an ever better night than I thought it would be.

Shows...albums...programs....new albums....
lots of topics came up.

No one really made fun of me in high school,
it was kinda passed over. Upon graduation though,
some other guys had gotten into the band senior year ( I heard them
mention By-Tor one day...but I didn't get involved)
and in my yearbook one of them wrote somehting about having good taste in music cus I liked Rush.

And the line under my pic is from
Limelight (well, andd Shakespeare too) - all the world's indeed a stage
and we are merely players.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I didn't hang with non Rush fans in High School. :-D

One time I was at a burger joint with a friend, his sister, and her friend. We started discussing music. the friend said her fav band was Duran Duran, I countered with Rush. She then told me that D D was better because they were "Cuter" than Rush. I told her that Rush had more talent in their nut hairs than D D.

Then I poured my soda on her lap and left. :-D
This space for rent
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

That's cold.
No really, that's cold.
:-D
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

:laughing2: :laughing3: That was funny Hairy.

I don't really care much about the past. They had the iq of toiletwater. I'm amazed at some of the people around here who got so excited when they see my rush shirt or D.A's. They sing along through most of the concerts whenever rush come here. The first time I saw them, they came with Candlebox as their opening band and nobody cared because they were all chanting for rush. :cheesy:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I have one friend who quotes from Red Barchetta every time he sees me. He even did when I came to the viewing of his stepson! :shock: His wife wants to go with me to see Rush this next year. Other than that, pretty much the only Rush love I see about is on my van or in my house.
Onward and Upward!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I like freaking people out at work. Every so often I see a customer in the store wearing a Rush t-shirt. I always have to stop and comment, "That's the best lookin' shirt in the whole store!" They just look at me like :shock: and it's usually followed up with some conversation where every other sentence out of the guy's mouth is, "But you're a girl!" hahahahaha! :cool:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

You just like freaking people out and playing with their heads, but I like that you are that way! :-D
Onward and Upward!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

awip2062 wrote:You just like freaking people out and playing with their heads, but I like that you are that way! :-D
:-D :-D :-D My wee sis knows me so well! :-D :-D :-D
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Let's Rush!

*puts on AFTK*
Onward and Upward!
ElderberryRyan

Post by ElderberryRyan »

Eh, I'm in a band and I'm seriously the only rush fan I've ever met. the amount of S### I put up with in the band for liking rush and progressive music in general..... But nothing will ever tear me away from those 3 boys!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Good thinking, Elder, good line of thinking.
Onward and Upward!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

PV wrote:I like freaking people out at work. Every so often I see a customer in the store wearing a Rush t-shirt. I always have to stop and comment, "That's the best lookin' shirt in the whole store!" They just look at me like :shock: and it's usually followed up with some conversation where every other sentence out of the guy's mouth is, "But you're a girl!" hahahahaha! :cool:
I know the feeling PV. I know a few oldies that are familiar with early Rush but that's about it. I could never get my three best buddies into them either.
Regarding the rare species of female Rush fans, our Schu' was/is the first Rushette I ever ever knew (over four years the now) and I still love her for it :-) .
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I was eating lunch in the cafe today with a friend and all of a sudden this man walks by with an R30 shirt on! :-D I freaked! I wanted to run over and say something but... Well... My work dignity kicked in and I stayed put. :oops:

About 1/2 hour later he came by the Service Desk to ask about a product and I went all :bounce: "Best shirt in the store!" (My usual comment...) He was floored I knew what it was and we proceded to chat up the Rush, the new cd, yadda yadda... And then I heard it... "Wow, and you're a girl!" hahahahaha!

Made what started out a really crappy day much better! :cool:
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Wooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Rush chicks rule! :cool:
This space for rent