Oh for the love of football

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Middle Kingdom wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Martyball is over.................................San Diego fired him.
Typical. The PLAYERS underperform, but the COACH Geds the axe.

Some things never change. :roll:
Marty got axed because he didn't give the MVP the ball in the second half
of a home playoff game. Our run defense sucked, and thecoach decided to pass the ball. His QB wasn't a tested veteran, so to put it on him rather than your MVP running back is poor coaching.

There's a reason he hasn't won a playoff game as coach in a decade.
no, Marty got fired 'cuz his kicker couldn't hit a couple of FG's in the big one. You don't FIRE a coach with 14 wins. That's just not right.

Hell, JERRY JONES wouldn't even do THAT to a Cowboys coach. :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

You can't not let LT run the ball, and then expect
the kicker to make a career long 54 yarder to force OT.
If chose to run the ball and keep our D on the field,
they would have put us away in the 3rd qtr.
Marty chose to pass, and it cost them.

I don't think he should have been fired, but he
did have a lot to do with that outcome.
In my opinion, anyway.

With that team though, and 14 wins, he would
have learned and next year he could play it
different and maybe succeed.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

stupid, that is why the Chargers will never win a Super Bowl.. ownership. look at the long list of stupid things they have done in the past. take a page from the Colts or Steelers. regroup and take another run at it. What if Polian would have fired Dungy after getting beat by the Steelers in the divisional round. You keep a team together. The Chargers are finished before the season even started. No way they go anywhere after losing both coordinators and your head coach. at least if you were going to fire Marty, you would have had a plan in place. maybe keep Cameron and let him take over...
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:stupid, that is why the Chargers will never win a Super Bowl.. ownership. look at the long list of stupid things they have done in the past. take a page from the Colts or Steelers. regroup and take another run at it. What if Polian would have fired Dungy after getting beat by the Steelers in the divisional round. You keep a team together. The Chargers are finished before the season even started. No way they go anywhere after losing both coordinators and your head coach. at least if you were going to fire Marty, you would have had a plan in place. maybe keep Cameron and let him take over...
I'm smellin' Norv Turner. The Chargers/Redskins have similarities with SD since Joe Gibbs left SD, and Bobby Beathard left DC. They go WAAAAY back.

Marty - Ex Redskins Coach

Cam Cameron - Ex Redskins Ass't Coach

Norv Turner - Ex Redskins Coach

Did they announce the new guy yet?

My power just got back on.

We're still cooking on kerosene heaters here.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Norv Turner is a loser. San Diego is hosed.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:Norv Turner is a loser. San Diego is hosed.
Sure he IS.

And they sure ARE.

Like I care. :roll:

I have a SB program coming from my bud who worked the game.

He said it's even got some rain damage on the corners, but that makes it even MORE authentic. I told him to bring it on.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

that would be way cool Sigs... Hey, don't get me wrong Sigs. Norv is a good offensive cordinator, but as a coach he could not hit water if he fell out of a boat...
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:that would be way cool Sigs... Hey, don't get me wrong Sigs. Norv is a good offensive cordinator, but as a coach he could not hit water if he fell out of a boat...
dude, you're forgetting I had to live through all that pain when he coached the Redskins....You know....The Heath Shuler era?

Now THAT guy sucked. He's a congressman now. Figures. :P
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Go Bills!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

zepboy wrote:Go Bills!
I'd like to see tham back in the post season.

People made fun of Levy when he coached, but he made FOUR TRIPS to the SB.

Some great coaches today can't even say that.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

meez wanna see da Bills square with da Colts in the AFC championship.

We be talking smack den!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

zepboy wrote:meez wanna see da Bills square with da Colts in the AFC championship.

We be talking smack den!
Geez.....that's asking a lot.

With free agency, it's possible that NEITHER will make it.

the Colts stand to lose Freeney if they don't make him "Franchise" player, and it Geds uglier from there....

I have no idea what Buffalo's situation is, but they can't Ged anything but better.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Polian has said Freeny will be a Colt next year even if he has to use the tag... They will restructure Manning's contract which will save them about 8 million. You can say goodbye to Rhodes, somebody will pay him big money and Polian does not negotiate with running backs. Faulk and James are perfect examples. I think they are also going to try and keep Cato June as they have lost some good linebackers to free agency.. Peterson, Thornton and Washington.. and they do not want to repeat those mistakes, If they keep the defense together, they should be able to make another title run, but it is hard to repeat in this era. The Bills :roll: please, you better figure out a way to win in your own division before you come out and play with the big boys. :-D :razz:
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:Polian has said Freeny will be a Colt next year even if he has to use the tag... They will restructure Manning's contract which will save them about 8 million. You can say goodbye to Rhodes, somebody will pay him big money and Polian does not negotiate with running backs. Faulk and James are perfect examples. I think they are also going to try and keep Cato June as they have lost some good linebackers to free agency.. Peterson, Thornton and Washington.. and they do not want to repeat those mistakes, If they keep the defense together, they should be able to make another title run, but it is hard to repeat in this era. The Bills :roll: please, you better figure out a way to win in your own division before you come out and play with the big boys. :-D :razz:
E-e-e-e-e-x-cellent. :-D
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Bills and division title do not belong in the same sentence.

Unless it is "Patriots clinch division title with win over Bills".