Hell Freezes over-Police Reunion??

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

zepboy wrote:As for me, I never thought the Police were all that great in the first place. Much like U2, they ride on their political/social views, and their music often times seems secondary.

I prefer to spend my music interest in bands that produce sounds I really want to hear, forget the politics.
Hmmm...methinks Rush covered the political area with Red Sector A and Manhattan Project...?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

And the Trees, and and and. :-D :-D :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

YYZ30 wrote:
Hmmm...methinks Rush covered the political area with Red Sector A and Manhattan Project...?
Both songs I don't think Zep knows. He is heavy into the older Rush, the 2112, AFTK era Rush. Not that there wasn't politics in the older stuff too but it mainly manifested as philosophy and also Rush doesn't go out there and tout themselves as saviours like so many entertainers do.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Exactamundo.

I was just playing by the way.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

You were playing Trees?!?!?!

Oh man! I wish I had been at your house. I lub that song.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

zepboy wrote:As for me, I never thought the Police were all that great in the first place. Much like U2, they ride on their political/social views, and their music often times seems secondary.

I prefer to spend my music interest in bands that produce sounds I really want to hear, forget the politics.
I'm on the opposite end of that opinion. I feel Andy Summers is one of the most gifted guitarists in existence. :cool:
Don't start none...won't be none.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

YYZ30 wrote:

HEY!

Notice where I said "produce sounds I really want to hear" . . . The Police don't make sounds I wanna hear. If I only have to listen to their politics, and they don't give me tasty tunage, they're so off.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

zepboy wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:

HEY!

Notice where I said "produce sounds I really want to hear" . . . The Police don't make sounds I wanna hear. If I only have to listen to their politics, and they don't give me tasty tunage, they're so off.
I ged it now.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

2 tickets to paradise baby!

I got em! :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Way to go! :-D
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Last night I was talking with a woman who bought Police tix. She paid $1600. She did get 4th row center though.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

$1,600.00 :shock: ?????

Not even for the last Rush show ever.
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Walkinghairball wrote:$1,600.00 :shock: ?????

Not even for the last Rush show ever.
Oh I dunno...the LAST show ever?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Nope, not us. We are kinda cheap that way. And, we've seen 'em.

We did pay $500 for a festival this summer, but it lasts four days and the price includes full-event tickets for five people, plus camping and showers.
Onward and Upward!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

awip2062 wrote:Last night I was talking with a woman who bought Police tix. She paid $1600. She did get 4th row center though.
Go look at Stubhub dot com, look up the 2 Fenway dates, and tell me if what people are charging isn't absurd!