metallica

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

Sir Myghin wrote: Nope their last albums have only intensified their level of suck :-D
Big time. Metallica is way overrated.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Have either of you two even tried to listen to Death Magentic? I think you'd be pleasantly surprised!
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

I have, and it sucked.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

T4EFAN wrote:I have, and it sucked.
Tell me how you really feel. :lol:
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

YYZ30 wrote:Have either of you two even tried to listen to Death Magentic? I think you'd be pleasantly surprised!
heardi to n the way to band one time, very dull, blind guardians last album owned its face twice in its sleep.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

^^^

That hurt just reading it.
This space for rent
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

YYZ30 wrote:
T4EFAN wrote:I have, and it sucked.
Tell me how you really feel. :lol:
I really feel that it sucked. :lol:
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Well, I guess you younger people did not grow up on Metallica the way us older people did. As far as them sucking, I dont play guitar or drums and I dont sing, so its hard for me to say anybody sucks, and since they have made an assload of cash singing, drumming and guitaring to the point they could probably buy and sell all of us a hundred times over, I doubt they could care less that a couple of teenagers think they suck. But hey, what do I know?? :-D

anyway Z, Death Magnetic was very refreshing to me because it seemed like they went back to their roots for us old geezers..although I wish they would stop singing about politics and go back to singing about killing and blowing shit up.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:Well, I guess you younger people did not grow up on Metallica the way us older people did. As far as them sucking, I dont play guitar or drums and I dont sing, so its hard for me to say anybody sucks, and since they have made an assload of cash singing, drumming and guitaring to the point they could probably buy and sell all of us a hundred times over, I doubt they could care less that a couple of teenagers think they suck. But hey, what do I know?? :-D

anyway Z, Death Magnetic was very refreshing to me because it seemed like they went back to their roots for us old geezers..although I wish they would stop singing about politics and go back to singing about killing and blowing shit up.
Old geezer? LOL I take that as a compliment.

I was late to the party and didn't get into them until "...And Justice for All." in 1989, but after that I went backwards and got the back catalog.
The old stuff is great, and I thought DM was a blast of metal I hadn't heard from the boys in a while. I like the album personally.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Soup4Rush wrote:Well, I guess you younger people did not grow up on Metallica the way us older people did. As far as them sucking, I dont play guitar or drums and I dont sing, so its hard for me to say anybody sucks, and since they have made an assload of cash singing, drumming and guitaring to the point they could probably buy and sell all of us a hundred times over, I doubt they could care less that a couple of teenagers think they suck. But hey, what do I know?? :-D
I am a teenager? :p

Want me to get off your lawn old fogie?

I forgot maidens album came out lat year too, that also kicked ass, brighter than a thousand suns also easily killed death magnetic.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I have always not cared for Metallica, and I am in the fogie crowd. Now it was right before the Black album came out that all changed for me.

I was very aware of their older stuff as a lot of people around me listened to them daily but in my head they were fast noise.

I owe my liking Metallica to 2 songs, and only 2. They are "Fade to Black" and "One".

With those two I realized that along with loud fast agression they could also be melodic and there were actually some musical merit to the speed chops. Granted they are not the fastest band either.

So gradually I started to enjoy the music they put out. Black actually being my favorite.

Until LOAD.......................................If there are 2-3 songs per album now worth a dang IMO, that is all.

St. Anger is absolute trash.

So I can pretty much sum up my Metallica by saying, "Old Metallica good, new Metallica bad.
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I like one song. For Whom The Bell Tolls.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Sir Myghin wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:Have either of you two even tried to listen to Death Magentic? I think you'd be pleasantly surprised!
heardi to n the way to band one time, very dull, blind guardians last album owned its face twice in its sleep.
My head asplode.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

YYZ30 wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:
My head asplode.
Blind guardian can melt your face :P listen to the curse of faennor.