I Will Survive

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

zepboy

Post by zepboy »

As for myself, I find that video in very bad taste. Nonetheless, I must admit that there was a day when I would have laughed my heinie off.

As I have aged, I have done a bit of soul searching, and changing of my ways. Now, what I would have once considered hilarious, I now find offensive.

Does that mean I think it was wrong to post that video? It would have been wrong if I had posted it, because it would have violated my faith and the conduct it should bring about. yet, I believe in free speech. I believe in holding values. I also believe that those who excersize free speech and those who hold certain values can still ged along, despite their differences.

So, where does that leave us? Different, that's where. For those who don't hold Jesus as sacred, you can hope we lighten up. For those of us who do hold Him sacred, we can pray eyes are opened. In the meantime, I suggest we all gather at Schu's pub for a cold one.
schuette

Post by schuette »

as long as it's not a cold milk ;)
and I agree we should be able to say what we feel/believe here without any repercussions...everyone is different and none of us are wrong or right..
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

I want warm milk then. :-D
schuette

Post by schuette »

you'll get a fucking kick in the arse :razz:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

oooobabykickmebeatmemakemefeelcheap :twisted:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

While the actual words were exaggerated (nobody has ever called me arse-lips) I have been admonished for posts. As much as anyone wants to call this a democratic, even-steven, say-whatever-you-want place, we all know that things are constantly held back so to not offend those of an offendable nature. It's quite cool, btw. I understand I'm a minority here and a guest and my views are best trimmed on the edges, if not left to silence. I don't like to stir up the shit (anymore) which is why I've stayed out of the Politics and Adult sections recently.

I don't care. It's all about Rush and music for me. I'll post that stuff. I'll find rare and precious pics and vids and post them for my friends here. Yeah, that's still the ticket...without the other stuff that makes people think I'm a dickhead, hippie or bleeding heart liberal.

'sayin'?
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
schuette

Post by schuette »

hate to think what some people think of me sometimes hehehe....oh and I'm gonna ask you a question...how are you a guest here...?
If your a guest then we all are guests... and you have never ever done anything in the adult bit to even remotely offend anyone :?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Yeah, what Schu said!

Let 'er rip Owlie!

We need your opinions just as much
as anyone else's.

Hell, America was FOUNDED by people that didn't get along!

JUST DO IT!!!

Oh yeah.....Being a Rush fan helps too. :wink:
schuette

Post by schuette »

I should have added that you have never offended me (and I would hope everyone) in the political bit either...I may not post much there but when I do it's usually a different opinion from everyone else as well....aint gonna stop me though and it shouldnt stop you...
your not wrong cuz your in a minority..
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

schuette wrote:I should have added that you have never offended me (and I would hope everyone) in the political bit either...I may not post much there but when I do it's usually a different opinion from everyone else as well....aint gonna stop me though and it shouldnt stop you...
your not wrong cuz your in a minority..
Yeah......See, I'm a MINORITY too....

I'm a REDNECK in a sea of SUITS-AND-TIES.

I LIVE for quitting time. And I'm public-schooled.

Have mercy on my soul.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:While the actual words were exaggerated (nobody has ever called me arse-lips) I have been admonished for posts. As much as anyone wants to call this a democratic, even-steven, say-whatever-you-want place, we all know that things are constantly held back so to not offend those of an offendable nature.
Just so you know, "we" hold back as well so as not to offend those of an offendable nature of a different sort from ours.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:While the actual words were exaggerated (nobody has ever called me arse-lips) I have been admonished for posts. As much as anyone wants to call this a democratic, even-steven, say-whatever-you-want place, we all know that things are constantly held back so to not offend those of an offendable nature. It's quite cool, btw. I understand I'm a minority here and a guest and my views are best trimmed on the edges, if not left to silence. I don't like to stir up the shit (anymore) which is why I've stayed out of the Politics and Adult sections recently.

I don't care. It's all about Rush and music for me. I'll post that stuff. I'll find rare and precious pics and vids and post them for my friends here. Yeah, that's still the ticket...without the other stuff that makes people think I'm a dickhead, hippie or bleeding heart liberal.

'sayin'?
Shut yer pie-hole, hippy!!! :-D

I love you, man.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

I am not going to hold back, I am going to be me for better or worst.
I still love you all and respect your opinions and wouldn't want anyone to hold back.
Nevertheless some things are best left to the sea gulls.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

:-({|= Sorry, I didn't mean to blow this out of proportion. I guess I was just having a moment and was unfortunately posting at the time. :-({|=

You are all awesome, and I'm richer for knowing you. Image

Bleeding, hippie pie-hole closing now Image

Anyone for a dog or burger?
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
You are all awesome, and I'm richer for knowing you. Image
My feelings for you exactly.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?