RUSH on South Park

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

RUSH on South Park

Post by Zivo »

Firstly, we all have a sense of humor, don't we? If so, read on!
It's fairly well-known that Rush know Trey and Matt, the guys that create South Park. They sang on the cd, Neil hung out with them for a while according to Ghost Rider. Why, then, haven't they appeared on the show? Probably because the episodes are so brutally topical, right on the cutting edge of current events, scandal and the latest news and issues. Rush haven't really been on the front page for any of those things...until now!
Can you imagine Alex having a scuffle with officer Barbrady on New Cows Eve while he repeats "nothing to see here!". Or Ned loaning his throat-buzzer to the officer to use as a taser. Or Neil riding on one of those painful Gyro-cycles. Geddy can be the coach of the South Park Cows pee-wee baseball team. Somehow they all come together to play a benefit concert to..........I don't know....end violence against cows, or something.
I'm working on a treatment to send to South Park Studios. It probably won't get past the "stalker stage", but it'll be alot of fun to write.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

That would be the best episode of SP ever. I love the designs of the guys you have now too, Neil looks like he's stoned. :lol:
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

That would be an absolute riot! :lol: I don't usually watch the show but when I do, I wonder why not. :?
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

OMG I would love that!!! :lol:
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

FerrariF1 wrote:Wow, Zivo, that is really great!

I love South Park, I can't wait for the next season to begin.

It would be funny to hear Cartman sing "Closer to the Heart"!
If it's anything like the treatment he did to Styx's "Come Sail Away", i'm sure we'd be in for a treat. :lol:
wcp

Post by wcp »

Great Idea! haha love the little pics of the guys also hahaha very nice.
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

:lol: Thanks! As soon as the thought occurred, the ideas started flying :idea: :idea: :idea: .
I think Trey and Matt will miss a good one if it never happens. I have to get up off of my ass and find out how to send the suggestion (and my little "Rushkids image) to their office.
One thing, though...since they are Canadian, shouldn't their heads have a giant sardonic slice where the mouth is that flaps opened and closed when they talk? Oh, well. Details.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

This sounds like a great idea. Ged it to them!
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hey Zivo! I haven't said "hi" yet but I've seen you around. :D

I think your Rush in Southpark is a great idea! I also like your RushPark figures! Heh heh.

Here's a link to a guy who did them "Canadian" which I thought was cool too but I don't think he is sending them anywhere. Just messing around:

http://members.aol.com/rocinante01/southparkrush.jpg

I love South Park! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Hi Kares4rush! I love them too. I looked at the "Canadian" version of Rush and really like that too. They look like Terence and Philip :)
See you around!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I checked out the link Kares posted for the "Canadian" RushPark and I must say, Zivo, yours ROCK! I like them much better and they are in the spirit of the show. Now, I'm not a regular watcher so I don't know about this "Canadian" style but I will vote for Zivo's.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Aw PV, you're making me blush. :oops:
Thanks for the "vote" of confidence! Actually though, I wonder how they would draw them. They are Canadian, so according to SP tradition, they would have the head-slash for a mouth. The thing is, they have alot more detail and "character" when drawn like the SP kids...Maybe we're touching on why they haven't put Rush in an episode yet.
...too much thought...head hurting now.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Hee hee... Zivo! Didn't mean to make you blush! :oops: I just love your little RushKids. I didn't know they drew Canadian characters different. I need to catch up on my South Park it seems.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

PV, Zivo's are ADORABLE!!! And certainly with much more character and thought. I vote for his too. :D

But in the tradition of South Park artwork, Canadians are intentionally drawn crudely and quite idiotic. Little black dots for eyes, lanky, silly, spastic and especially their heads are "cut in half" when they talk. Just a slash for a mouth and when they talk the top half of the head just moves back and forth to make a "mouth."

They have alot of fun with Canadians (well, every group, really) and you can always tell when a character is Canadian because it is drawn almost exactly as the link above. It's a gentle nudge of humor.

I'd LOVE to see Rush on SP!!!! I think they would love it too. Fans of the show and all. Drawn "Canadian" or not. :wink:

Actually Zivo's WOULD be much better because so much of how a "guest" character is portrayed is how he/she is drawn and the "Canadian" style leaves almost no room for distinct portrayals.

Oooh!!! Head hurt! Me too, overanylize.... :shock: :oops: :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...