Virginia Tech Shootings

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I certainly hear what you're all saying. Perhaps I mistunderstood Zeps initial comment, you know, 'fight fire with fire' an all that rubbish.
Sincerest Aplogies if I've caused offence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just read this on Skynews.com. Kinda lends weight to the 'if guns werent so readily available' argument.

"Colonel Steve Flaherty, superintendent of the Virginia State Police, said: "It's certainly reasonable to assume that Cho was the shooter in both cases.

Police have also revealed Cho was carrying a backpack that contained receipts for a Glock 9mm pistol bought last month..."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 34,00.html
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

no offense taken here, just good debate...If he could not have bought a legally, he would have found a way. You can buy one on just about any street corner. I would be curious to know if the gun was bought legally and if he had a permit to carry it. I l also wonder about his citizenship. He was a resident alien on a green card. Can you buy a gun with resident alien status? If so, maybe that law should be changed. Also, a teacher found his work "troubling" Did the teacher not say anything because she/he was afraid of racial discrimination charges? I am sure we will find out more.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Here is something good in this entire mess of bad.

Thankfully the shooter wasn't a radical muslim or north korean..........

Talk about WW3 in the aftermath of that possibility happening.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I'm not commenting.

We're still in shock.

I shouldn't have even come in today.
Don't start none...won't be none.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I am greived to the pit of my heart. God created each person with the intent of having a loving relationship with us. Killing each other, for any reason, was not intended.

I was further greived to learn something else this morning. The president of the American Gun Association (his name eludes me) had been holding an ongoing conversation with the president of Virginia Tech over the past couple years. He had been working to get some of the professors and a couple grad students permitted to carry weapons on campus. After much negotiation, the president of Virginia Tech said that this would never be allowed. He stated that it would create an environment that would endanger the safety of the students.

If someone there were only able to stop the shooter . . . .
Me

Post by Me »

I think perhaps it would be a good idea to take the gun debate to another thread and if I recall... we all already went thru that.

In peace we weep
missing Christmas morning
and bedtime stories

For crying eyes
of endless sorrow
lie within skin of timeless age

Hide, Jump, Run
Lock the door
bang, bang, bang

thru the door
came the damned
for evermore!

I said this, then I erased it, now I suppose being quite angry, I'll say it again...I hope that senseless murdering cho goes to the cosmic threshold of hell :x

It also effects me of all our young men and woman dying everyday in that senseless, Iraq war. And of course all the other bullshit around the world too!
Last edited by Me on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

the solidarity at the VT campus vigil last night was impressive.

Governor Kaine has requested that flags be flown at half-staff until Sunday.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

This whole thing is more and more depressing.

I'm listening to an interview of his former roomates and all the weird, WEIRD stuff he did and what a freak they thought he was.

One night drinking with them he admitted to having an imaginary girlfriend. She was, of course, a super model. :roll: He nicknamed her "Jelly" and she nicknamed him "Spanky." That's odd enough but after some thought it makes sense to me.

Jelly=KY and he is spanking, er, uh...

:ky: :sign10: :puke:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Me

Post by Me »

I think the biggest problem was him not being social for the most part. People are disecting his writings as wierd as they are and showing some indications of a mental illness, I think it's the social attitude that would scare the heck out of me. I wonder if anyone ever sent Quentin Tarantino for help?
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yeah. It's not the writing (the plays) that scare me so much.

It's the way they're describing him in "people" situations. His relationships (or lack of them). The roomates said they knew of him stalking at least three women while they knew him. :shock:

Not cool.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Kares4Rush wrote:Yeah. It's not the writing (the plays) that scare me so much.

It's the way they're describing him in "people" situations. His relationships (or lack of them). The roomates said they knew of him stalking at least three women while they knew him. :shock:

Not cool.
not cool at all Kares. The video and ramblings were creepy as hell.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Yeah, ol boy had some issues huh?

I wish he could have been caught to pay for this tragedy. But some ACLU assbag would have gotten him off for insanity.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Yeah, ol boy had some issues huh?

I wish he could have been caught to pay for this tragedy. But some ACLU assbag would have gotten him off for insanity.
no bullshit there Hairy. Testify my Brudda.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

As far as brother Cho goes, I think the best happened. He saved the taxpayers a ton o scratch, and he kept us from showing how stupid our legal system has become.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I've got my burgundy and maroon on today.

Do YOU?

BLACKSBURG, Va. - As experts pored over Cho Seung Hui's twisted writings and his videotaped rant, parents and officials urged people to instead focus on the victims of the deadliest rampage by a lone gunman in modern U.S. history.

Gov. Timothy M. Kaine declared Friday a day of mourning and called for a moment of silence at noon to honor the 32 victims in Monday's massacre at Virginia Tech. Churches around the country, from California to National Cathedral in Washington D.C., have scheduled vigils and special prayer services.

"We will remember" read a large placard next to the banner near the front of the hall. Several students and staffers wore Virginia Tech sweat shirts.

Virginia Tech alumni declared Friday a national day to wear Hokie colors of orange and maroon.