Vapor Trails Remaster!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Rush Didact

Vapor Trails Remaster!

Post by Rush Didact »

Hey guys! I just found this neat little board, I'm a regular poster over on Counterparts. Anyways, I wanted to let you guys know about a petition that I've got going to get Vapor Trails remastered. I know this is a controversial topic (or at least it is on CP) but it's a cause I believe in strongly. The powerful and passionate music on VT is destroyed by the production, and nothing would make me (and the 500-odd other people who have signed the petition) happier than a good remaster.

Here's the link to <a href="http://www.petitiononline.com/vtr2007/">the petition</a>.

And here's a link to a great article explaining in great detail <a href="http://web.archive.org/web/200312081103 ... DAF1C">the problems with VT's production</a>.

So here's your chance to add your voice, let's see if we can persuade Anthem to do something about it!!

Kevin
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Why is it controversial?
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yeah, I can't see why it would be controversial either.
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

From other arguments I heard years back,
some say it is fine, and the user's equipment.
Others say it is a crappy production, engineering wise and
such.

I think it is a little distorted the louder you play it, myself.
But nothing I'd argue over.
Rush Didact

Post by Rush Didact »

Soup4Rush wrote:Why is it controversial?
There are a number of people that claim not to be able to hear any problems with the production, which I personally can't understand. It was blatantly obvious the first time I listened to VT that there were big issues in the recording, I've been waiting for a remaster since the day it was released!

There are also rumours that the remaster has been done already, and Anthem is waiting (for what, I don't know) to release it. This petition might be the thing that pushes them to finally do it!

Thanks for your interest guys!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Why isn't there a DVD petition as well? Chronicles' audio sucked, as well as archived/hidden video portions of RIR and R30 DVD's

I'm not buying the VT CD and all those DVD's again. :roll: :x

I'll watch 'em for free on VH1CL. :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.