By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sleeper song on S&A

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctorbraino

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Sleeper song on S&A Reply with quote

After listening to S&A hundreds of times, I find myself enjoying "Good News First" more and more. This often happens with Rush albums and what I refer to as "Sleepers". Good news first is another dark song that just hooked me in. Geddy does a superb job "singing" (yes, I think he really sings this one) and makes the song that much better. Alex plays a neat little part in the background that repeats itself throughout the song (much like the background guitar work in Virtuality). All in all, this song has jumped up in rankings and has earned itself a new deep appreciation by yours truly.
Rocinante

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few on there Dancing
KaelMwithascrubbrush

Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you're saying Draino...woops, sorry Braino. "Good News First" is a definite keeper. My sleepers on the album are "Bravest Face," "Malignant Narcism," and "We Hold On."

I guess late tracks end up being the sleepers, eh? Although, my favorite sleeper on T4E is "Half the World," which is at the beginning of the disc. Ah well.
FerrariF1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% with you on this one Doc. I think that Good News First is my favorite song on the whole CD. The way the drums emphasize the lyrics and power through the song is great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Studio All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: