Anti-American Sentiments

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

Post by Me »

Perhaps you would like another point of view Roc

Rcvd 05/11/07 from ME

Subject: CBS couldn't shut him up

Good for him!!!

Surprised CBS let him get away with this even though he's right.
AMEN ANDY ROONEY !

Right on, Andy Rooney!
Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.

The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America.
Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason; that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts!
ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television.
That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

And if you don't like my point of view, tough...

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL! AMEN!
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

He makes really good points!

So did this one woman in an opinion column today about how rudely the Mexicans treated Miss USA in the Miss Universe contest and how the Mexican chanted Osama! Osama! when we lost a soccer match. Here we are taking care of their runaways and giving those who leave their land and come here jobs so they can send money back to Mexico and how do they repay us? :roll:
Onward and Upward!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Personally, I think we should put up a big stinkin fence and charge admission.

If they cannot pay, then we deem them lazy and don't want them anyway.

If they CAN pay, we make sure the gain employment, not welfare. If they won't, ship em back.

I say we re-open Ellis Island and maintain the same entry standards we used a hundred years ago. If they don't like it, they can start their own country somewhere else and make up their own rules.

That's my peace.
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

Me wrote:Perhaps you would like another point of view Roc

Rcvd 05/11/07 from ME

Subject: CBS couldn't shut him up

Good for him!!!

Surprised CBS let him get away with this even though he's right.
AMEN ANDY ROONEY !

Right on, Andy Rooney!
Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers......................................................................................

And if you don't like my point of view, tough...

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL! AMEN!
I can understand his point of view....the Australians in recent times have had a very succinct way of dealing with some of these issues, i.e. 'you have the right to leave at any time' etc. etc.

The whole topic is quite an unpleasant one, but, sometimes (imo) there are factions which just take liberties out of western democracies. These factions have to be told where to get off.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Care to explain which factions you mean, Roc?

Oh, and just to be picky, I must say that the US is not a democracy. We are a Democratic Republic, which is not the same as a democracy.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:Care to explain which factions you mean, Roc?

Oh, and just to be picky, I must say that the US is not a democracy. We are a Democratic Republic, which is not the same as a democracy.
I thought we were a Representative Republic...

((reminds of that band on The Simpsons at the wedding... Guitarist: "We are Poison, aren't we?" Bassist: "I thought we were Quiet Riot..." Drummer looks at the kick drum... "Says here we're Ratt..."))
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Well, you're both right. Technically, we are a representative republic, but it is implemented with a democratic process of instituting the representatives, rendering it a democratic representative republic.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I just think it's FUBAR.
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Walkinghairball wrote:I just think it's FUBAR.
You're right, but I won't ged into why.
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

awip2062 wrote:Care to explain which factions you mean, Roc?

awip,

Mainly islamic extremists but also left-wing anarchists.
I am sure you must see some of our press over there. Examples which should ring bells loudly are Omar Bakri Mohammed, Abu Qatada and Abdullah el-Faisal. These people have all had the benefits of UK democracy yet preached nothing but hatred towards the very hands that have taken them in and fed them, amongst other things. :x

Not an expert on US politics but I, as am sure most people outside the States do, regard the US as a democratic country. Certainly wouldn't say the US is an autocracy, dictatorship, theocracy or communist. My basic understanding ( bear with me :D ) of the US is that it is ruled by a democratically elected government. That may be an over-simplification.

I do go on....thought it best to be specific. :-)
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Roc, I like your style. :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

ElfDude wrote:Roc, I like your style. :)
Cheers Elfie :-)

It's just my view. These extremists are causing major problems for many nice, hardworking honest folk. They need rooted out and despatched to climates new.

Anyway, it's Sunday, time to relax and take it easy :smt033
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

zepboy wrote:Well, you're both right. Technically, we are a representative republic, but it is implemented with a democratic process of instituting the representatives, rendering it a democratic representative republic.
I was amiss in not putting in the "representative", yes. Elfie is good for me; keeps me honest. :-D

I must say, though, that I don't feel represented. :( Of all the people in both my state and national legislatures all but one vote opposite the way I would nine times out of ten. One votes the way I would maybe 60% of the time. And when I write to my representatives and share my thoughts with them, I get mail back thanking me for my views and explaining to me why I am wrong. :roll:
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

ElfDude wrote:Roc, I like your style. :)
Definitely nice to have another one to discuss "serious" things with.
Onward and Upward!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I tried to be serious once.