Kate Bush

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

Kate Bush

Post by Big Blue Owl »

As Rocinante said in the "Useless Nonsense" thread Kate is a beauty with a beautiful voice and style. I've enjoyed her music for 20 years or more (obsessed, more like it.) Her duet with Peter Gabriel, Don't Give Up is very motivational. The Big Sky is awesome. Under The Ice is one of my faves. Hammer Horror made me fall in love with her.
You must check her out.

Running Up That Hill -
http://www.cosports.com/running/mp3/Kat ... atHill.mp3
Early (1978) demo of Hammer Horror -
http://www.dongrays.com/kate-bush/mp3/p ... Horror.mp3
Babooshka - That's right, Elfie!
http://www.celticsurf.net/music/files/B ... 20Bush.mp3

(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Who does Kate remind you of?
YYZ30

Re: Kate Bush

Post by YYZ30 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:As Rocinante said in the "Useless Nonsense" thread Kate is a beauty with a beautiful voice and style. I've enjoyed her music for 20 years or more (obsessed, more like it.) Her duet with Peter Gabriel, Don't Give Up is very motivational. The Big Sky is awesome. Under The Ice is one of my faves. Hammer Horror made me fall in love with her.
You must check her out.

Running Up That Hill -
http://www.cosports.com/running/mp3/Kat ... atHill.mp3
Early (1978) demo of Hammer Horror -
http://www.dongrays.com/kate-bush/mp3/p ... Horror.mp3
Babooshka - That's right, Elfie!
http://www.celticsurf.net/music/files/B ... 20Bush.mp3

That synth looks like a Fairlight II...I hope I have my year right.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Image[/img]
Last edited by Big Blue Owl on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

White Man Killer?!?!?!?

Is he related to Wilma Mankiller, Chief of the Cherokee?
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Image

Who does Kate remind you of?
Ummmm........*thinks*
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

So since I've been told the singer from Otep is lesbian, I take it so is Kate Bush???

Not that it matters.
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Big Blue Owl wrote:As Rocinante said in the "Useless Nonsense" thread Kate is a beauty with a beautiful voice and style. I've enjoyed her music for 20 years or more (obsessed, more like it.) Her duet with Peter Gabriel, Don't Give Up is very motivational. The Big Sky is awesome. Under The Ice is one of my faves. Hammer Horror made me fall in love with her.
BBO, you are as of now, my Bro' :-) You join my man Hairy in this exclusive gentlemans club.

I was certain I once started a 'Kate Bush' thread here (but it must've been on the old by-tor board) but I cannae find it. I simply love Kate Bush and have done for over 25 years the now to be honest. I have everything...the albums on vinyl AND cd, many singles, 12" singles and a cool downloaded collection. I do hope you can make out the pic I'm including with this.
Only last week I found a cool collection of Kate Bush videos and when I found the 'Live at Hammersmith' video after years of searching... :-) . Notable downloads being the infamous 'Early Demos '73' and the Texas recordings from '77 that I'd only read about, poor quality but cool.
Kate Bush, aided by none other than David Gilmour during her formative years, vocalist, musician, composer, producer, dance, mime etc etc etc What a talent!
I once had a large poster of Kate wearing a purple vest (with protruding...) that had quite an effect on the teenage Ogg :-D .

Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

Walkinghairball wrote:So since I've been told the singer from Otep is lesbian, I take it so is Kate Bush???

Not that it matters.
Hi WHB,

no, KB is certainly not a lesbian. She was shacked up with Del Palmer up until she had a kid with another chap by the name of Danny McIntosh.

Hi YYZ30,

yes you are correct, that will be the Fairlight set-up. I believe she started using it for recording 'The Dreaming' and most noticeably on 'Hounds..'. Gabriel is said to have introduced KB to the Fairlight during previous musical liaisons.

:)
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Fair enough Rocinante, ignore my post why dont you? :-D

Hairy! NEVER diss Kate Bush in my presence, lesbian indeed! :x :-D
I wrote: I once had a large poster of Kate wearing a purple vest (with protruding...) that had quite an effect on the teenage Ogg :-D .
Oh Ged...cannae believe I actually found the pic!
I had a poster size pic of this Image when I was fourteen! Ooh...I'm feeling all funny :-) .
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Ogg wrote: BBO, you are as of now, my Bro' :-) You join my man Hairy in this exclusive gentlemans club.
I am hono(u)red to be your Bro, Bro. I am also envious of your teeming collection. In fact, I've just found some of the things you mentioned (a site with all the early '70s demos, a handful of videos, etc.) Oh, and a few pics of Kate topless!!! That last pic you posted makes me want to leave work early
Hairy, I heard there is the slightest possibility that Rosie O'Donell is gay.
Could that mean that the chick that played Felicity likes a deep pile carpet as well?
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

Ogg wrote:Fair enough Rocinante, ignore my post why dont you? :-D

Hairy! NEVER diss Kate Bush in my presence, lesbian indeed! :x :-D
I wrote: I once had a large poster of Kate wearing a purple vest (with protruding...) that had quite an effect on the teenage Ogg :-D .
Oh Ged...cannae believe I actually found the pic!
I had a poster size pic of this Image when I was fourteen! Ooh...I'm feeling all funny :-) .
Ogg, que :dontknow: I never ignored it, unless I missed something, merely embellished it with some additional information for the Kateless ones. :-D
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I wasn't trying to dis Kate Bush, funny............bush/carpet..hehehehehe

BBO, please never mention that melon head. I almost puked. :lol:

I was just trying to add up the 2+2=5 thing. Math was never a good subject.......unless I was adding up Grams, Ounces, or pounds. :-D :-D :-D

Now I need to go find some of her music to listen to..............see ya. :-)
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

awip2062 wrote:White Man Killer?!?!?!?

Is he related to Wilma Mankiller, Chief of the Cherokee?
Ummmm - huh? T, are you having Indian daydreams again? :-D
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Walkinghairball wrote:BBO, please never mention that melon head. I almost puked. :lol: :-)
Agreed!
Walkinghairball wrote:Now I need to go find some of her music to listen to..............see ya. :-)
Check out a ton of videos, live performances and interviews here:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=kate+bush