Other DVD recommendations

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Other DVD recommendations

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

I recently bought Peter Gabriel's concert film Secret World and it is fantastic :!: Also just rented and just finished watching Peter Gabriel's Growing Up...and I can't decide which I like better. Hey, maybe I don't have to make a choice. :D

Also just bought Herbie Hancock's Future2future. What an amazing band he put together! Any jazz fans out there, this is a great way to see where jazz is going....and Terri Lyne Carrington....Oh my, what a fabulous drummer! And she has a nice voice too.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Both Secret World Live and Growing Up Live are such wonderful cocnerts. Don't try to choose. :)

Another fabulous concert DVD is YesSymphonic Live in Amsterdam. A very special Yes concert to be sure.

Yet another recommendation would be Mike Oldfield Live in Berlin, The Art in Heaven Concert.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Led Zep...I dunno the name but it has a red sand thing on the front
Pink Floyd in Pompeii...great on LSD
We're all mad here!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Xanadu wrote:Led Zep...I dunno the name but it has a red sand thing on the front
How the West Was Won-unfortunately, I haven't seen it yet...just previews. I understand it's amazing. Just haven't got to it yet.

I liked Pearl Jam Live at the Garden...not in the same league as the Gabriel vids, which are as much performances as concerts....that performed version of the "The Barry William's Show" is really amazing.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

NIN - And All That Could Of Been

Dont know if there are any NIN fans here, but it's a great concert dvd.

Metallica - S&M

Probably my favorite concert dvd apart from RIR.
KaelMwithascrubbrush

Kansas Device Voice Drum is quite cool as well. They really cover a broad sweep of their material on this disc, including "The Preacher" with a full gospel choir (...sounds fantastic!) and "Dust in the Wind" with a string quartet.
-Steven Wright