Ron Paul

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:He can run on his own if he doesn't ged the Republican spot, eh?
Sure. But those guys never get anywhere. :(
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

They would if we stopped being sheep and only voting for Dems and Repubs.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Listen to the sheeple.
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:They would if we stopped being sheep and only voting for Dems and Repubs.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Well... when they actually do get somewhere, like Ross Perot did, it split the conservative vote and gave us... well, you remember.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

But if all the people who whine and complain about the Republicans not being enough of what they want voted for someone who was as they want in office, rather than for the (default) Republican candidate or for someone they thought might win, then maybe things would be different.

Same thing with the people who are on the liberal side.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I must admit, I do like it when Ralph Nadar comes to town and splits the liberal vote.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:I must admit, I do like it when Ralph Nadar comes to town and splits the liberal vote.
Ditto.

***Charter Member of Nader's Raiders*** :cool:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

After reading up on him, I couldn't vote for Paul. There are many issues (his stand on them) that I don't agree with, and some I do. Social Security and abortion are two that I can't get in bed with. Oh well, he seems pretty cool, just not awesome like I thought he was.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:After reading up on him, I couldn't vote for Paul. There are many issues (his stand on them) that I don't agree with, and some I do. Social Security and abortion are two that I can't get in bed with. Oh well, he seems pretty cool, just not awesome like I thought he was.
*nods*
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Big Blue Owl wrote:After reading up on him, I couldn't vote for Paul. There are many issues (his stand on them) that I don't agree with, and some I do. Social Security and abortion are two that I can't get in bed with. Oh well, he seems pretty cool, just not awesome like I thought he was.
Yeah...better than most is why I posted about it, if he runs I'd vote for him.
We're all mad here!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Hey BBO, though he is personally against abortion, he is NOT in favor of passing any sort of federal legislation banning it, in fact he is against that and says the individual states should decide if they want it legal or not.
We're all mad here!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Xanadu wrote:Hey BBO, though he is personally against abortion, he is NOT in favor of passing any sort of federal legislation banning it, in fact he is against that and says the individual states should decide if they want it legal or not.
And he's exactly right on that one. It's a 10th ammendment thing, not a fed thing.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I'm so sick of things like abortion and the death penalty being "litmus tests" for the two parties.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

The new one I am sick of is hearing about how Romney is *gasp* a Mormon! Uhhhh....yeah, so?

Did Kennedy make the US all RC? Did the Pope rule us when JFK was in office? Did the Southern Baptist Church rule the nation when Clinton was in office? Don't tell me the RC and SBC don't evangelize. Don't tell me that if Romney gets elected we'll all be converted, either. :roll:
Onward and Upward!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

I always find something I don't like much about a can-did-ate no one is going to be perfect. At any rate I do get a bit interested and research a little on all of the can' but never found one I did' open so I never ate' in my life LOL translation I never voted and doubt I will this time either, it's about having blood on my hands, the lying and being jaded about the process among other things and don't say I can't bitch because I pay taxes. Nevertheless perhaps I would vote if I could be persuaded beyond a doubt of why I should and not just because it's my right living in free country because then I'd just bitch and tell you that it isn't as free as some believe anyway sorry for being negative I'm not perfect pretty dam close though haha not really just kidding about that funny ha ha