Ron Paul

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

awip2062 wrote: Did Kennedy make the US all RC? Did the Pope rule us when JFK was in office?
That almost sounds like it's a horrid disease the country may catch. My goodness. Although being "raised" (at least) RC I am aware of the prejudices he faced. And please know that I know where you were were coming from on saying that, t. ;) Kennedy saw a bigger pic, or so it seems and it was not an issue. Now our Mormon candidate faces the same prejudices.

Funny though. It seems W has had all the freedom he wants to impose his version of Bible Beating on this country and can get away with it. :x

Spudly, as MUCH as I love you I must quibble on the voting thing. There are plenty of countries out there that have their citizens pay taxes yet they DON'T have the luxury of voting. It is a right we have and it was hard-earned. If you choose not to use it that is fine. I respect that. However my mother told me something a long time ago. Democracy is a philosophy first, before it became a government. A new one and quite delicate because in the course of history it is still in it's infancy. This can be taken away (by VOTE, ironically) very quickly.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I just wish that EVERY VOTE counted.

It ceems like once the Ellectorial College and the main states get their say, it's done. No matter if 1 or everyone voted.

My 2 pennies.
This space for rent
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Kares4Rush wrote:I'm so sick of things like abortion and the death penalty being "litmus tests" for the two parties.
LOL I know, people are so shallow/lazy/ignorant about the important issues that they only focus on that. I was trying to tell somebody about Ron Paul and they said he sounded great but "what does he think about queers getting married?" :shock: :x :roll:
We're all mad here!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Money rules the country more so than a president and if you try and do the "right" thing they assinate you just like JK so why bother they are all thiefs I know I work for the gov
Mr. Potatoe Head

I could of deleted the above post but won't and will just apologize for my eccentric behavoir and carry on with more. :-D I have no use for liars and thiefs but I shouldn't of put the whole gov in the same bowl, surely it's not all bad. nevertheless I don't want to have any part of it and that's my freedom too and don't forget Al Gore won I am jaded at the process and lies sorry Kares. I should stay out of these kinds of threads then I stay out of trouble at any rate which concerts are you going to attend can you meet gina an I at Mohengan Sun? Anyone?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I see Arlo Guthrie is supporting Ron Paul now.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:I see Arlo Guthrie is supporting Ron Paul now.
That's a cool endorsement! Not quite as prestigous as The Oprah, but still... :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Or how about Obama having three Kennedys endorsing him! That is big weight (no pun intended).
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

But it was such a good pun!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh okay. *takes a bow* Thank you, thank you! *waves like a princess*
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Yer welcome sis. :-D
This space for rent
Mr. Potatoe Head

That was a good pun seeing politics are not much more than pork futures
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Brutha Ron took a beatdown last night.

Wonder if he's gonna call it a run yet?
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Yer welcome sis. :-D
I must tell everyone that Bro turned me on to the fact that the Kens were supporting Obama.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

CygnusX1 wrote:Brutha Ron took a beatdown last night.

Wonder if he's gonna call it a run yet?
I don't think so. He seems to think he may due well here in Washington, I hear. But then, a rabid follower has been talking to me. lol
Onward and Upward!