Our Alien Overlords

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Our Alien Overlords

Post by ElfDude »

Jamais Cascio pointed out this CNN video of Bush giving a talk on subprime mortgages. Check out the alien behind the window in the background.

You can see him just over the president's right shoulder.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

"Nostradamus" said that this should be expected.

Volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, droughts

(Century IV, Quatrain 67)
The year that Saturn and Mars are equal fiery,
The air very dry parched long meteor:
Through secret fires a great place blazing from burning heat,
Little rain, warm wind, wars, incursions.

A very bright, previously unknown comet will appear and coincide with the time of great geological troubles, with earthquakes and volcanoes erupting and disrupting weather systems. This will cause widespread famines, droughts, and social upheavals in unexpected places. Nations that are considered prosperous and powerful, particularly western nations, will be weakened. They will be torn with civil strife and rioting as people migrate to areas that have water and can support crop-growing. The social upheaval and weakening of political structures will help the Antichrist come to power.

The United States in particular will be subject to serious natural disasters, particularly earthquakes and flooding, and flatten the nation from end to end, causing enormous conflict, despair, and misery. The US will be bankrupted attempting to deal with its disasters. Three other great nations will send aid to help the citizens survive.
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I don't get how Nastradamus' predictions have anything to do with subprime mortages or aliens in the window. :?
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:I don't get how Nastradamus' predictions have anything to do with subprime mortages or aliens in the window. :?
That was rather non sequitur, wasn't it?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I'm thinking it could be a good thread of its own. Discuss whether people believe or disbelieve Nostradamus, what they read in his quatrains, that kind of thing.

As for the alien......Bush wasn't giving the address in some secret government area that we have all heard doesn't have anything important but that we aren't allowed into, was he?
Onward and Upward!
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

ElfDude wrote:
awip2062 wrote:I don't get how Nastradamus' predictions have anything to do with subprime mortages or aliens in the window. :?
That was rather non sequitur, wasn't it?
That's just my opinion.
NS:Latin for "It does not follow"

Nostradamus said there would be financial chaos
as well as something otherworldly that would eventually come.
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Perhaps he did, but this quatrain is translated here to saying we will be bankrupted as a nation from natural disasters, nothing about mortages.

As for aliens, they aren't in the quatrain either unless.

What is your opinion, Wendy? Not Nostradamus' prediction.
Onward and Upward!
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Not exactly aliens, but otherworldly.
Perhaps when we reach a high level of tolerance and knowledge.

In financial scenarios, all things are relative, ND's
cause Banks to lose mortgage profits because the
houses are demolished and can not be reposessed
along with the people that owned them in some cases.
Not to mention the predatory lending practices that
led to this mortgage crisis.

It's OK, his projections do not end until the year 3767.(I think)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

But when they've been either misinterpreted or just plain wrong so many times I find them hard to believe.

How many times have we been told he's said thus and such will happen and then....nothing? Every year I can think of since I started reading. :(
Onward and Upward!
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

But it is happening at a quickening pace, remember their date calendar was different from ours.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Personally, from my wee experience, Nostie's predictions are falling empty at an increasing pace.

The only thing I see increasing noticably is man's arrogance and ingorance of what's going on around him.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

For calendar interpretations go here:
Warning, contains references to the 9/11 attack.

http://www.spartechsoftware.com/dimensi ... adamus.htm
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I have read that that quatrain was not written by Nostradamus but by Neil Marshall, who was trying to show that many of Nostradamus' work is vague enough to be intrepreted however you want after the fact.

It all comes down to where you put your belief. Do you believe these guys or those guys? This book or that book? Your eyes or your heart? This or that? You get the idea.

My probelm with his predictions is that they have been used for as long as I can remember to sell tabloids and make all sorts of exciting and dire predictions which haven't come true.

I guess that is a problem with prophecy in general, though. It isn't just Nostradamus'predictions that have been used to further an agenda (like selling papers). And how easy it is to look back and say, "Hey! This prediction is true!" after the event happens, but how hard it is to say, "This is going to happen" and then watch it occur.
Onward and Upward!
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

awip2062 wrote:I have read that that quatrain was not written by Nostradamus but by Neil Marshall, who was trying to show that many of Nostradamus' work is vague enough to be intrepreted however you want after the fact.

It all comes down to where you put your belief. Do you believe these guys or those guys? This book or that book? Your eyes or your heart? This or that? You get the idea.

My probelm with his predictions is that they have been used for as long as I can remember to sell tabloids and make all sorts of exciting and dire predictions which haven't come true.

I guess that is a problem with prophecy in general, though. It isn't just Nostradamus'predictions that have been used to further an agenda (like selling papers). And how easy it is to look back and say, "Hey! This prediction is true!" after the event happens, but how hard it is to say, "This is going to happen" and then watch it occur.
Yes, it's difficult to know where to put your belief.
I just can't discount this as old as it is. Was he just a lunatic?
What kind of lunatic wants to help people so much?
He was also a pharmacist / unofficial Doctor in his time.
Always having to remain cryptic and vague in his life to avoid death.

It's a sorry break that FBI had to see how hard it was to convince govmt. to act to prevent what was going to happen, based on their actual knowledge of the modern facts.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Are you trying to tell me that the FBI knew about the 9/11 attacks before they happened because of Nostradamus' predictions?
Onward and Upward!