September 17, 2007--The GAAAHHDEN

Here's your seat for the new tour. There may be, wait, there WILL be spoilers so if you don't want to know, don't go! So pull up a lawn chair and discuss...

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

September 17, 2007--The GAAAHHDEN

Post by Kares4Rush »

Guys,

At 9:21 PM the other night I got an incredible e-mail from info@rush.net that said:

Your name was drawn as a potential winner for a pair of front row
seats to see Rush @ Madison Square Garden / New York, NY September 17, 2007!

Hurry in order to win you must reply to this email before Thursday Sept
13, 2007 @ 5pm EDT!

The Rush Contest Page & Mailing List

Well, I just stared at it and at 9:24 DID click "Reply" and at 9:27 (after an interim e-mail saying my response was delivered) got this e-mail:

You've Won! Please pick up your tickets at the band will call box at
6pm; they will be filed under your name, therefore you must bring
valid photo ID to pick up.

Congratulations,

The Rush Contest Page & Mailing List

WWW.RUSH.COM

All Rules Posted @ http://www.rush.net/sna/ apply

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm still flabbergasted!!! This has come at a very difficult time for me :( and this ray of sunshine is so welcome! :-D

NOW? Last July I promised Xanny (whether kiddingly or not) that if I ever won the Rush front row ticket contest that she could have the extra ticket. She (being an intelligent person) agreed. A promise is a promise and I?m giving the ticket to Xanadu! :-D :-D

Watch OUT Geddy!!! :twisted:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
We're all mad here!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

WOW!

That's both incredible and well-deserved, Kares! After all, who Kares4Rush more than you do?
Well done, girl. Have a wonderful time. You too, Xaaaaaanaaaaaaduuuu...
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Oh my gosh, this is so incredibly joyous.
I am so happy for you Kares.
Rush is so full of love.
:-)
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

If I could do backflips for you Kares I would.

*IS STOKED FOR YOU* :-D
This space for rent
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

WOW and WOW!!!!
That's absolutly fantastic Kares!!! Very cool of you to keep your promiss and I am extreamly happy for you both...AWESOME!

I knew Xan wanted to go but couldn't afford it then all of a sudden said she was going, even mentioned she was going to sell 2 of guitars. :shock: I told her no way Rush, isn't worth that :shock: Yes' Rush is great and an awesome show but 3 hours verse's a life time of enjoyment, you got to be nuts. :???:

At any rate congradulations!!!!! :-D
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Dude, that rocks! See, good things do happen in this world!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

OK, this is going to sound really weird and I know I post weird stuff all the time just for fun but I'm serious. When I first got the idea to go to MSG I was just toying with the idea really, wondering should I really try to go...blah blah. I was thinking about it a lot one day and got a (I know its really stupid but) I got a Chinese fortune cookie that said "take a vacation you will have unexpected gains". But whatever, they are mass produced, how could it have anything to do with me. One day online I was looking at venue info and all that and there were no good seats left I got bored and went to a Tarot site and looking at the cards and the VT album cover. Just being silly I decided to ged a reading thinking I wonder if I should go to NY or what would it be like. I got 3 reading from different site and THEY WERE ALL THE SAME. WHAT are the chances of that WTF??? :shock: *twilight zone playing*

I looking into the costs of the trip and of some other expenses that I am bound too and decided I could almost but not really afford it. Then I got a PM from Kares!!! :shock: I couldn't believe it...I still can't believe it :shock:

Kares, that is so cool you didn't forged your promise!!!! Especially since we haven't ever met in person, that says a lot about you!!!!

:toothy7: :toothy10:
We're all mad here!
rushfanfla

Post by rushfanfla »

PV and I are very happy for you Kares! That's awesome news. Hope you and Xanny have a great time!

Mike
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Wow! That is incredible news! KILLER news! I am totally stoked for you!

:-D :-D :-D :-D
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Thanks so much guys! It still doesn't seem REAL to me that this is actually going to happen!

Xan! Wow! I didn't know all that happened to you! :shock: I was upset about the guitars too and even felt a bit bad I contacted you about my promise when I found out about the ticket...that you would decide to sell them. But if you're happy then I'M happy! :-D

This may be Karma, Providence and the Twilight Zone all in one for the timing of this for BOTH of us! :shock: :-D

By-tor is REPRESENTIN' at the GAAAHHDEN!!

(Will Geddy recover after this?? :twisted: )

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

You two be nice so they like us here, kay?
Onward and Upward!
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

I'm so happy for both of you!!! :-D
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

LOL Don't worry about the guitars I have been thinking about selling those two for quite some time kind of forgot about them. I don't need them, all I need is my Rickenbacker and acoustic. :-D I rarely ever play those anymore so what's the loss :twisted:
We're all mad here!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Xanadu wrote:LOL Don't worry about the guitars I have been thinking about selling those two for quite some time kind of forgot about them. I don't need them, all I need is my Rickenbacker and acoustic. :-D I rarely ever play those anymore so what's the loss :twisted:
Once I knew the ticket was securely yours I then let a few people know by e-mail and they demanded to know who was getting the ticket. :lol: None of their beeswax but I did say someone driving a long way and that I felt a bit bad about the guitars being sold.

Here's what one guy who wanted the ticket said:

"They are only guitars. Can always buy them. Not every day you get a front row seat for Rush!"

I felt better after that. :-D