NFL Thread

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Are the Jets a good story?
Yes and no.

I'm hearing it's sort of an embarrasment to the NFL,
because of how they got in the playoffs.
The Colt starters play another series or two,
and does NY pull it off?

And now the league is examining ways to get teams to play starters
in games that do not matter to them. (Which I totally disagree with.)

On the other hand, two well coached/ played playoff games, a tight defense and
safe play calls with a rookie qb
shows they do have a shot.

I think Indy prevails though 24-17.

The Jets have a good upside in place though,
provided the D stays together and Sanchez matures.
AFC East favorites for sure next year.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Congrats to Indy! :-D It was tough for me to watch but I kinda "knew" the Jets slipped in there and Hail Marys were not just for the passes. I've been a fan long enough to know the deal. It would have been a story, though. Indy's QB is, was and always will be the class act he is too so more power to the punch the Colts already have.

I'm proud they got as far as they did. Rex Ryan, although probably clinically insane coached almost a miracle and from that "fairy dust" gives hopes for a more stable team in the future. (right)

Alas, I've heard it before. I'm still grateful and proud.

In 1969 I was WAY too young to even be aware of or understand football the way I do now as I was playing with horsies (Colts!) and the like and Joe Namath was later a football star who wore women's stockings. :shock:

I had mixed feelings about the Vikings and Favre too. I would have liked to see a match-up with a team Favre HATED playing with for one of his comeback "KISS Un-retirement" deals and see if his smug talented arse could be kicked.

But the throwing the ball when he did when they should have just kicked the fugging field goal or just keep it on the GROUND (if yer gonna be risky and go on third down for more yards) was STOOPID (my plea went on deaf ears...I'm such a good coach..HA) so...IN go the Saints!

And rightly so (by-tor happy, I'm sure).

Gonna be a good day Tater. :-D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

CygnusX1 wrote:I can't help but feel happy for the Jets too, but give Jets fans two or three
hours to get a few five or six beers down before the pain starts. :-D
Now WAIT a second, Cyg! Not fair!

It's a long-held myth that Jets fans drink beers and the Giants fans drink martinis (elitist muthers) and that we may be scrappy and considered second citizens to the OTHER New York team (AHEM, NEW JERSEY TEAMS NOW YOU SELL-OUT OWNERS putting them in that lo-rent SWAMP...ugh).

Actually that "myth" may be true or it may not be. But Jets fans have gotten a bad rap and I've seen some ridiculous brawls out of Giant "elitists" that make me sad. At least we know how to take a punch! :shock: :roll: ;)

Pain was here. Gettin' a horseshoe in the arse. But hopefully taking it...um...comfortably? :roll: :razz:

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Um, just reading back I realized my posts were much more long and involved than others here about the teams, games and players. Not as clipped and to-the-point.

Too "girly" with emotions in there.

Apologies all around. :oops:

But still a fan. :oops: :roll: I'll keep it "down" in the future. OY! :razz:

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

All good Kares6... I am just glad you came back in! :-)
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Yeah Kares.................let it fly, hell we all do.

Colts.................nice predictable comeback win...............to quote the Talking heads................"Same as it ever was." :razz: :lol:

The Vikings/Saints game was the best game of the year............period. Back and forth, owned and re owned. 1st downs vs. penalties...............bad calls/missed calls by the refs. All in all, I love football again. Yes, even rooting for the suckass Chiefs.

Go Saints. Peyton and the boys have a ring.......................Go get what is yours.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

5 Minnesota turnovers and you still need overtime to beat the Vikes. AT HOME, no less Whatever dude!! The Aints are going down come Superbowl Sunday. The Saints are going to find out who dat is... number 18 and they will be saying who the F was dat who hung 4 touchdowns and 350 yards on our sorry defense.

Colts 44 Saints 20

And you can quote me on that one too. :-D
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Walkinghairball wrote:Colts.................nice predictable comeback win...............to quote the Talking heads................"Same as it ever was." :razz: :lol:

And I stand by that. ^^^^

The Saints need to get the lead and keep it, or it's over in the 2nd half...............that's when "Cut that meat" wakes up and plays comebackball!!

Whatever dude indeed. LMAO.

Saints never gave up all season long, (as the Colts did at the last few weeks of regular season), I don't see them laying down with the Dolts either. Oh yeah, be afraid of the Saints kicker............that kid had a freakin boot.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:5 Minnesota turnovers and you still need overtime to beat the Vikes. AT HOME, no less Whatever dude!! The Aints are going down come Superbowl Sunday. The Saints are going to find out who dat is... number 18 and they will be saying who the F was dat who hung 4 touchdowns and 350 yards on our sorry defense.

Colts 44 Saints 20

And you can quote me on that one too. :-D
Again...see you Feb 8th...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

whoa.... Since when is being down by 11 in the 2nd quarter of a football game some huge comeback? Last time I checked, we beat the Jets pretty soundly.. check the box score...

The Saints are going down, plain and simple.. Its been a wonderful story and all, but it ends on Feb 7th..

and you can quote me on that too... :-D
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

and as far as laying down... The Saints never laid down.. They got beat by Tampa?? and Dallas and they needed those two games for homefield had Minnesota won.. The Colts rested thier starters and it worked out for them.. ie a trip to the Super Bowl. I must admit I was pissed about those two Colt losses but a trip to the Super Bowl makes me feel better :-D
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I must say I love all you Colt haters. Actually, its a great compliment... Everybody hates domination.. As Pats fans, you guys probably understand that... Chief's fans.. not so much. probably because we have dominated the Chiefs in the playoffs for so many years.. :-D :razz:
Happy 2015!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

GO BILLS!!!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:whoa.... Since when is being down by 11 in the 2nd quarter of a football game some huge comeback? Last time I checked, we beat the Jets pretty soundly.. check the box score...

The Saints are going down, plain and simple.. Its been a wonderful story and all, but it ends on Feb 7th..

and you can quote me on that too... :-D
The Colts PUMMELED the Jets after halftime. It should have been freakin' illegal! :razz:

Manning simply has too many weapons.

A far as the Vikes go, they dominated the Saints on paper, but it
wasn't enough. Fav-ruh is done. His last pass as a Jet was a INT, and
his last pass as a Viking was a INT, but hey - he beat Green Bay - twice!

It was a nice run, Brett. Thanks for the good times and the toughness, Bro!

Don't regret a thing, Kares. The Jets will be back as a PLAYER in
the AFC next year. They did you guys proud.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

zepboy wrote:GO BILLS!!!
Interesting! When I taught my Mom football so many years ago she got into it to FINALLY see what the deal was. Me being a Jet fan before I knew what was what was something I THOUGHT I'd instill in her but noooo.

She picked the BILLS. AAAAGH!!! And her reason? It's the only TRUE NY team. Ouch. I had to take that and my hatred of Leon Hess (Hess Oil, NJ who MOVED them there from Shea) deepened. Now Johnson. More oil but now of a "baby" type. :lol:

I have nothing personal against New Jersey. That turnpike has become a lifeline for me for other reasons...to get to DELAWARE and my hunny. But it is not where a supposed NY team should reside. On the other hand NY has a rep for being arrogant so maybe playing in a SWAMP is just fine. :P

Yes, I think the Jets have a chance next year to grow. Favre is not by any means something to put your hopes into.