Red Sox Nation

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Sweetness!!!!!!!!

The shirts are awesome.
Even better when it says World Series Champs!
Woo hoooooooooooo
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Hats are nice too:

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Middle Kingdom wrote:Hats are nice too:

Hat please.

They dont make the shirts in "Fat Bastard" sizes :lol:
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Give me Beans and Cod!

HOOHA!!!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

OMG!!!!

One of you please change yer avatar a little please. I thought MK was posting like a big dog there till I saw it was you Zed. :razz: :lol: :-D
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Better?

(cmon I did that at 12:30 this morning after two big glasses of Guinness...not thinking it would cause confusion)
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:Better?

(cmon I did that at 12:30 this morning after two big glasses of Guinness...not thinking it would cause confusion)
I drank a shot for yas....Well done Boston.

Cleveland totally choked. :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Choke?
A little - they were too inexperienced to
deal with the pressure.

Our bats waking up helped too.

As Bruce Willis said in Die Hard "Welcome to the party!"
(specifically JD Drew)
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

When your 2 aces go 0-3 with an ERA over 12- you WILL lose.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

hmmm.. I wonder if George Mitchell had his Red Sox cap on when he let slip the HGH allegations against Paul Byrd, just wondering is all..
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:hmmm.. I wonder if George Mitchell had his Red Sox cap on when he let slip the HGH allegations against Paul Byrd, just wondering is all..
Oh for Pete's sake...

He wasn't even pitching! I could see that if he was pitching that it would be a low blow- if you want to go down that road how fuckin special was it for the Indians to get Danielle Peck (who is Beckett's ex) to come sing the National Anthem for game 5 (the game he was pitching in!)?

"We didn't know" was the Indians mantra- bullllshit!- Go to Danielle's website, look through her photos from last Summer, and she's wearing all kinds of Sox swag.

What a crock of shit- if anything this was turnabout.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I don't think the two can be compared. The Indians arranged that Becket's ex sing the national anthem. I am sure it was intentional. but it was done by the Indians not some person designated by MKB to head up the steroid probe. mitchell was appointed by MLB and he had knowledge of Byrd using HGH. I think he may have used his power to maybe put the indians into an unfavorable light. pretty concidental that info came out during this series, now you bring the media spotlight on the Indians which takes their focus away from the game... It also makes me wonder why nobdy from the Red Sox has been accused of steroid use. smells a little dirty to me.
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

BTW, I am not saying that this is why the Indians choked, maybe it was just one of many reason. I think maybe an investigation needs to be done into Mitchell. Is this why they went after Giambi so hard too?
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:I don't think the two can be compared. The Indians arranged that Becket's ex sing the national anthem. I am sure it was intentional. but it was done by the Indians not some person designated by MKB to head up the steroid probe. mitchell was appointed by MLB and he had knowledge of Byrd using HGH. I think he may have used his power to maybe put the indians into an unfavorable light. pretty concidental that info came out during this series, now you bring the media spotlight on the Indians which takes their focus away from the game... It also makes me wonder why nobdy from the Red Sox has been accused of steroid use. smells a little dirty to me.
Can't let facts get in the way of a good story, eh?

Try reading this article:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... byrd_N.htm

Mitchell had nada to do with this- if anyone blame the S.F. Chronicle
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

yeah and to quote another great American

"I never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky"

Bullshit!!

Mitchell is head of the steroid probe and he knew nothing about this??

whatever dude.. :roll:

pretty convenient this story leaked right before game 7 . I wonder who the confidential informant was?
Happy 2015!