3 CDs on a deserted island

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

3 CDs on a deserted island

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Alright you're on a deserted island for three years and you can only have three discs...what are they and why do you pick these particular discs?

1) RIR-spans Rush's career and includes a great Alex rant, "New World Man," "Vital Signs," "The Pass," "Bravado," and "The Rhythm Method."

2) Burning for Buddy-some of the best drumming by the best drummers (Ok, so a few are missing, but who is there kick butt!)! Can't live with out that.

3) Brand New Day-wonderful, stylistically-diverse album by Gretchen Lieberum...I don't think I could survive long without listening a female vocalist. She won best female jazz vocalist at the Reno International Music Festival when she was just 17...the woman can sing! (Besides, I've corresponded with her by e-mail, and she is a fantastically down-to-earth person....)
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Man you must be one tough prof, KaelMWithHardQuestions! I bet you even do essay tests! :wink:

Of the top of my head, I would have to say Different Stages by Rush, not RIR. I think because I have had it longer and it has grown on me more due to familiarity.

Then I would have to have some Ozzy/Sabbath. Prolly would go with Tribute, as it has Randy (and esp. that studio out-take of Dee being recorded where you can hear RR talk *thud*). I would miss having the original Paranoid (Tony totally rips on it for that time period it was awesome stuff!), but I would want to have the Randy.

Anyway I would ged the Tony stuff off the Dio CD I would take. I would want his Stand Up and Shout anthology, which covers material he did with Elf, Rainbow, Balck Sabbath, and Dio.

But I would totally miss the Priest and Maiden, not to mention the Broken Walls, the Statler Brothers, the classical, the.....arghhhhhh it would suck to have to make such a choice and actaully live with it!
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

I would bring :

power windows, because i really like this album yet its soo hard to choose

Boston-the third Stage once again a great album, kind of grew on me.

and if i could cheat i'd make a journey/gensis/scorpions/chicago burnt cd otherwise i'd probly bring disc 3 of time3 by journey
wcp

Post by wcp »

1)Different stages, i likes that one the mostest
2)News Of The World -Queen, it just kicks ass
3)Who's Next?-The Who, also has high ass kickability
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Bah, I'd bring three of my Mp3 CD's. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

*horks by-tors 300 song capable mp3 readable cd player for his trip*

hey WCP diff stages contains 2 disks :P
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Lesseeeeee....

Division Bell--Pink Floyd

Strange Highways--DIO

and,.....and....GGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

sigh....

umm....

Last in Line--DIO
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Sir Myghin wrote:*horks by-tors 300 song capable mp3 readable cd player for his trip*
Just wait until they come out with a cheap (under $100) DVD-R/RW player which can play Mp3's. 8)

About 1000 songs per DVD!!! :mrgreen:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

^^^

hahahahaha...Just like a Republican...the task asks for precision and he wants to drop The Bomb :P :P :lol: :lol: :P :P :wink:

Yeah, mp3's would be the real way to go...but the question is getting after what is really indispensible.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:^^^

hahahahaha...Just like a Republican...the task asks for precision and he wants to drop The Bomb :P :P :lol: :lol: :P :P :wink:

Yeah, mp3's would be the real way to go...but the question is getting after what is really indispensible.
Ahhhh, just like a democrat....changing the rules in the middle of the game. :twisted:

You said I, "can only have three discs". You didn't say they had to be albums, or what kind of discs. :wink:

*Note, you may not be a democrat for all I know, but I'm not a republican either. :twisted:
KaelMwithascrubbrush

by-tor wrote:*Note, you may not be a democrat for all I know, but I'm not a republican either. :twisted:
Uh oh, that means we have at least two political heritics on the board.
-Steven Wright
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh there are more than two political heretics here. Haven't you looked around at the folks who post?
Onward and Upward!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:Uh oh, that means we have at least two political heritics on the board.
Would you expect anything less amoung Rush fans? 8)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

By-Tor! :shock: You used "ou" instead of "o!"
Onward and Upward!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

awip2062 wrote:By-Tor! :shock: You used "ou" instead of "o!"
That has nothing to do with Canadians putting 'u's in everything....it's because I can't spell for shit. :?