Laws in your neck of the woods.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Laws in your neck of the woods.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I am not totally sure if this is legit, but here are some from here.

New driving fines for the State of Washington.

These fines went into effect on July 1st 2007

* HOV Lane - 1st time offense $1068.50 (note: the sign posted on the HOV lanes that says $271 is now wrong and DOT is in the process of changing them) 2nd offense fine is doubled, 3rd it is tripled and fourth your license is suspended for a year! (they are not playing around!)
* Incorrect Lane Change - $380.00 (not using turn signal or "cutting" someone off)
* Block Intersection - $485.00
* Driving on Shoulder - $450.00
* Cell Phone Usage While Driving - $285.00 (cell phone usage must now be done with "hands free" device.) Law Enforcement has been told to really start cracking down on this, as the accident rate is increasing due to cell phone use.
* Cell Phone Usage in a Construction Zone - $570.00 (this fine is doubled from the regular $285.00)
* Passengers over the age of 18 not in a seat belt - Both the passenger AND driver with get tickets of $101.00
* DUI - Instant ARREST! (the courts are now placing DUI's on your driving record for a period of 10 years!)
* Last but not least. You know that there was a thought that you could go at least 5 MPH over the posted speed limit, well according to the WA. State Patrol, you are now allowed 3 MPH over!

So, watch your speed my friends.

Kathleen S. A Sr. Transportation Planner,
TDM Implementation & Services
Seattle Department of Transportation
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I had to check this out because I live here. This is what I found:

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/newsfaqs/releases/mr101507.pdf
Onward and Upward!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Goes to show you, don't ever believe half of what you read LOL
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

That's what I get for cut and paste posting. :-D

But I did mention this at the beginning: "I am not totally sure if this is legit."
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Walkinghairball wrote: I did mention this at the beginning: "I am not totally sure if this is legit."
Yup, and living in the fine place that was referring to, I wanted to know if it was legit or not because I sure don't want trouble from the donut keepers.
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

It would be funny to stick a donut sticker or Krispy Kreme sticker on the bumper of a cop car :twisted:
We're all mad here!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Walkinghairball wrote:That's what I get for cut and paste posting. :-D

But I did mention this at the beginning: "I am not totally sure if this is legit."
I am guilty of that too.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Xanadu wrote:It would be funny to stick a donut sticker or Krispy Kreme sticker on the bumper of a cop car :twisted:
Not really.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Xanadu wrote:It would be funny to stick a donut sticker or Krispy Kreme sticker on the bumper of a cop car :twisted:
Not really.
Or impale a potato on the antennae! :twisted: :razz:
We're all mad here!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Xanadu wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Not really.
Or impale a potato on the antennae! :twisted: :razz:
Now that would be funny.

If anyone put a donut sticker on a Philly cop car right now they would probably get shot. The cop that got shot this week was at a dunkin donuts checking the place out, because it got robbed early. He died yesterday ther are good cops and there are bad cops just as people good bad and evil.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote: ther are good cops and there are bad cops just as people good bad and evil.
Amen!
Onward and Upward!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Obscure Massachusetts law:

You can be fined for not carrying a shovel and bucket in your trunk.

Why?

To clean up after your horse (it's STILL on the books)
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

We forgot the ever important highly enforced you must no drive on the trollet (street car lane) though didn't we t :evil:
Walkinghairball

YYZ30 wrote:Obscure Massachusetts law:

You can be fined for not carrying a shovel and bucket in your trunk.

Why?

To clean up after your horse (it's STILL on the books)

When my dad was a young man in Troy Montana they also did that. But it was because everyone was volunteer fire just in case.
Last edited by Walkinghairball on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sir Myghin wrote:We forgot the ever important highly enforced you must no drive on the trollet (street car lane) though didn't we t :evil:
Uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Ummmmmmmm............

I...uhhhhh.....

:oops:
Onward and Upward!