Conan O'Brien in Toronto

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

wcp

Conan O'Brien in Toronto

Post by wcp »

Hello all,

Conan O'Brien is doing his show in Toronto for the week i belive, anyway i saw last nights episode and in the opening talking part he said he wanted to get all of the Canadian sterotypes out of the way at once so he said something like, so now we have a beer drinking hockey playing Mounted Policeman skating around his beer can igloo who loves Rush! and Tom Sawyer starts playing as this guy in a RCMP outfit comes out and skates around a miniture beer can igloo, hahah it was halarious. and you could distincly hear a young lady yell out "Geddy!" when it was all over.

it put a smile on my face :)
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

There was a bit about it on ESPN the other day. Seems that Conan wanted to skate with the Leafs, and decided to throw his gloves off in front of Domi. They had a nice picture of him laying flat on his back on the ice, with Domi standing over him. :lol:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

LOL!

*Stalking me hoser bro*
wcp

Post by wcp »

haha ya they showed his whole day with the Leafs on the show, quite funny. I hope the show today is as good.
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I fell asleep and missed that on Tuesday (darn!!!!) but last night was pretty funny too with the Kids in the Hall tour of Toronto! Too bad no more Rush references. I'm going to hold out all week, though! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

I saw the rerun of that Conan skit! Hilarious. Course nothing beats Triumph ripping American Idol contestants to shreds LMAO.

Oh, and Rush is the best band in the world..............FOR ME TO POOP ON!

(I keed I keed :D )
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
WorkingMan07

Post by WorkingMan07 »

one time on conan, they had a segment of things to get tourists back into toronto during the SARS outbreak, and they made a rush cover band or soemthing :lol:
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

yea, it was a parody of 'Tom Sawyer'

"You can come to Toronto
You wont get SARS, NO NO NO"

afterwards, Conan tried to keep a straight face, and said 'that was the worst impression he had ever heard'

I think that Conan likes Rush...

perhaps someone should ask...
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
WorkingMan07

Post by WorkingMan07 »

haha yup thats it! i cuoldnt exactly remember :roll:
Medinaquirin

Post by Medinaquirin »

Had to figure I'd miss it. :(
~Time is a spiral, space is a curve
I know you get dizzy but try not to lose your nerve
~