Primary voting?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:It's going to be tough to recover from the depths the current Reps have dug us into. Sometimes the medicine in harsh.
Perhaps dems'll stop a 2 billion dollar per week war. That's 1.2 trillion so far. That's a lot of cake. Wouldn't need to tax so much with that kind of savings.
if it costs 100 GAJILLION DOLLARS to stop a terrorist from slitting my throat or blowing us to pieces, it's worth it.

people have NO CLUE how much danger we are still in.

We gotta win this thing...
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I respectfully make a "snoring" noise :-D

Nah, just kiddin'.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I'm registered Independent too. :) Usually I'm just so relieved not to get all the junk mail and soliciting political calls at Primary Time that I can't think of who to vote for.

But if I did...not sure. Maybe Rudy if Republican. I saw what he did first hand in New York City BEFORE 9/11 and he kicked some serious a** and wasn't afraid of people. He pissed a lot of people off, including cops but no-one can deny he whipped this city into much-needed shape after the Dinkins era of skyrocketing crime and an flaccid economy. Besides, no solution is perfect.

Dem...hmmm. I don't know. Maybe Hillary. Not sure. I don't like any of them really. Maybe Edwards because I don't like how Hillary "carpet bagged" here in NY to become a senator. Then, maybe that's par for the course.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Kares4Rush wrote: Maybe Rudy if Republican. I saw what he did first hand in New York City BEFORE 9/11 and he kicked some serious a** and wasn't afraid of people. He pissed a lot of people off, including cops but no-one can deny he whipped this city into much-needed shape after the Dinkins era of skyrocketing crime and an flaccid economy.
That's a very persuasive testimonial. :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Rudy is AMERICA'S MAYOR!!! :headbang:

He's still got waaaay fewer skeletons in HIS closet than
Hillary has...and more friends that are still ALIVE. LOL
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Hillary is thrilled:

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, question. (I feel kinda stupid, but I'm gonna ask anyway.)

When is the primary? I thought we voted for that at the same time we do this upcoming general election, but I've no places to vote for thr presidential primary on my ballot. I've one race on my ballot that is a partisan race, that of a county commissioner.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:Okay, question. (I feel kinda stupid, but I'm gonna ask anyway.)

When is the primary? I thought we voted for that at the same time we do this upcoming general election, but I've no places to vote for thr presidential primary on my ballot. I've one race on my ballot that is a partisan race, that of a county commissioner.
When it is depends on what state you live in (if your state even has one).
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I remember having to choose to vote dem, repub, or whatever ONLY in one primary election. I didn't have to register with a party per se, but I couldn't vote for a dem for president and a repub for senator.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

awip2062 wrote:I remember having to choose to vote dem, repub, or whatever ONLY in one primary election. I didn't have to register with a party per se, but I couldn't vote for a dem for president and a repub for senator.
I hate not being able to vote the way I want to vote. Period.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

With ya, Bro!
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

YYZ30 wrote:Hillary is thrilled:

Great audio. Behind the scenes at the Clinton campaign...
http://mfile.akamai.com/5020/wma/rushli ... illary.asx
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, I found out that my state's presidential primary is in February on the 19th.

Now as for whom I would vote:

Ugh! Do I have to choose from those who are officially running?

*pouts*

Can I just go with Christopher Walken?

http://www.walken2008.com/

Ronnie James isn't running this time. :(
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Well, Colbert is out.
NEW YORK (AP) - Stephen Colbert has dropped his bid for the White House.
His announcement came after the South Carolina Democratic Executive Council voted last week to keep the host of "The Colbert Report" off the state's primary ballot. The vote was 13-3.

Colbert poses as a conservative talk-show host on the Comedy Central show.

"Although I lost by the slimmest margin in presidential election history?only 10 votes?I have chosen not to put the country through another agonizing Supreme Court battle," Colbert said Monday in a statement. "It is time for this nation to heal."

Colbert had said he would run only in his native South Carolina, a key primary state. He said he planned to run as a Democrat and a Republican?so he could lose twice. Colbert, 43, later declined to file with the GOP, which has a much higher filing fee ($35,000) than the Democrats ($2,500).

"I want to say to my supporters, this is not over," Colbert said. "While I may accept the decision of the Council, the fight goes on! The dream endures! ... And I am going off the air until I can talk about this without weeping."

In reality, "The Colbert Report" was going off the air because of a strike by Hollywood writers that began Monday. Many talk shows were expected to be shown in repeats during the strike.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

ElfDude wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:Thanks for the info.
Not trying to influence anyone, just educate.
Sure. I've heard lengthy discussions on his healthcare plan. There's some point and counterpoint that can be applied to what you posted.

But I hadn't heard about raising taxes while sitting on a surplus though. Thanks.
I'm still thinking about this... ever since your post. And I'm left with mixed feelings. I never ever support raising taxes. But there is one thing to be said for having a surplus. It does indicate (to a point) that your spending is under control. Rudy left New York with significant deficit spending and debt. I don't want a president who raises taxes or one who overspends. :)