Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 4

awip2062

Idaho Jazz Festival

Post by awip2062 »

I cannot belive that I am posting a link to *gasp* JAZZ stuff, but I wanted to let you all see what H and I will be deserting you all for at the end of the month.

H will be performing on Saturday at this festival. We will be leaving on Thursday the 26th and ged back on the following Sunday. The band she is in is called Northwinds. lol!

http://www.jazz.uidaho.edu/
Onward and Upward!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:P

Seriously though, looking at the performers, yes she should go and so should you. Jeff Hamilton is a fantastic drummer and Russ Mallone is a fabulous guitar player (you should enjoy watching some of the interesting chordal changes he works) and Brian Lynch on trumpet is really cool too...and Lionel and Slide Hampton are both awsome...important figures historically. I've seen Mallone and Lynch before (not playing together, though) and they were both great live. Lynch has a sharp sound and is a good soloist, while Malone is a great accompanist and a pretty funny guy, as well. Although I didn't see her name on the list, Paula Hampton might show up. She's one of the Grande Dames of female jazz drummers (and she's Slide Hampton's neice).
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

We both are going and the price was great. $50 geds us our lodging and meals and concert tickets! It will be different for me to go to a jazz performance, so I have to ask this: do I take my lighter?
Onward and Upward!
wcp

Post by wcp »

she better do it! the Northwinds are nothing without her!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

awip2062 wrote:...I have to ask this: do I take my lighter?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sure, but be prepared to only light cigarettes with it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

But I don't smoke any more.

Maybe I will take one, and buy one for H and we will start a new jazz trend! :wink:
Onward and Upward!
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

wcp wrote:she better do it! the Northwinds are nothing without her!
Did you know that Ronnie James DIO was a guest on an album named Northwinds? :lol: