The Blame Game

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

The Blame Game

Post by awip2062 »

Has anyone read this e-mail going about lately?
THE 545 PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR AMERICA'S WOES
BY CHARLEY REESE

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don't write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don't set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don't control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices - 545 human beings out of the 300 million - are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered but private central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it.

No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

A CONFIDENCE CONSPIRACY

Don't you see the con game that is played on the people by the politicians? Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a SPEAKER, who stood up and criticized G. W. BUSH for creating deficits.

The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it. The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes.

Who is the speaker o f the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow Democrats, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto.

REPLACE THE SCOUNDRELS

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts - of incompetence and irresponsibility.

I can't think of a single domestic problem, from an unfair tax code to defense overruns, that is not traceable directly to those 545 people.

When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair. If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red. If the Marines are in Iraq, it's because they want them in Iraq

There are no insoluble government problems. Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.

Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exist disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation" or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power. They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses - provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees. We should vote all the congressman out of office and clean up their mess.

Editor's note: The Con game is to convince all the folks who vote Democrat that is is all the fault of the Republicans and especially George Bush. The Republicans Con is to assure us that it is all the fault of the Democrats - - So nobody accepts blame. The truth is we need to get rid of almost all of them and start over because they all are to blame. But, we keep on re-electing the same old tribe. We must get rid of this habit. One definition of insanity is: to keep making the same mistake over and over - - and then wondering why it isn't working out. . . . . JMC

See: http://www.marvchastain.com
Agree, disagree, kill the messenger?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I wonder what Swopes(sp) says about this???? :razz:
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I saw how many DUI convictions there are in that club, and it ain't pretty.

It Geds worse from there. :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

One definition of insanity is: to keep making the same mistake over and over - - and then wondering why it isn't working out
Right on.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Along with t's post:

WOULD YOU HIRE THIS CONGRESS TO RUN YOUR BUSINESS?

October 10, 2006
NewsWithViews.com

On August 19, 1999 Capital Hill Blue, a political news organization performed
an in-depth study of the U.S. elected officials who
formulate decisions for the nation in Washington DC.

As of 1999 when the study was done, Capital Hill Blue opened
with their conclusion by stating the 535 men and women who
make up the House and Senate of the United States include,
at best, a collection of rogues, con artists, scofflaws and bad
check artists. At worst, they comprise, as Mark Twain once
observed, a distinct criminal class.

Capital Hill documented the following..

Members who avoided driver?s violations via Congressional
immunity: 217 (40.5%)

Members who filed bankruptcy on two or more
businesses: 117 (21.8%)

Members picked up for DUI, but were let go via Congressional
immunity: 84 (15.7%)

Members with bad credit, unable to get a credit card: 71 (13.3%)

Members who can?t pass a Dept of Defense or DOE security
clearance: 53 (10%)

Members accused of spousal abuse: 29 (5.4%)

Members with DUI records (despite congressional immunity): 27 (5%)

Members sued by personal creditors: 21 (3.9%)

Members who write bad checks (even after closing the
House Bank): 19 (3.5%)

Members with drug related arrests: 14 (2.6%)

Eight were arrested for shoplifting, seven for fraud,
four for theft, three for assault and one for criminal trespass.

Sexual transgressions, immoral conduct involving minor pages,
male and female prostitutes was news worthy for a brief moment,
but quickly forgotten.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Amen, Siggy and t! (BTW, love your sig, Sig! :-D )

I think what frustrates me most about this is that government (big and small, Republican and Democrat) policies stink because they have absolutely NO regard for the taxpayer's money funding this bloated machine. It is almost purely self-serving.

The "checks and balances" really don't apply when it comes to spending, policies or spending policies. The old adage that says, "If government were a corporation everyone would be fired." holds true more than ever.

The thing is that t's article points out what's wrong more than offering a solution. (Other than voting everyone in there out--which we pretty much did recently and are now in a bigger pickle.) That's why I often stay out of it. I don't have a good solution. :(

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

thanks Kares (((((Kares :*)))))

I don't have the solution either, except to bulldoze the
whole thing and start from jump street... :roll: :lol:

or move to..........

CANADA!

HEL-LOWWWWWW CAN-A-DUH!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

First thought off the top of my head has to do with this:
Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power. They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses - provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees. We should vote all the congressman out of office and clean up their mess.
How many registered voters are there in this country? Something like 165 million, isn't it? Aren't we to be held responsible for electing these 545 people into office?

So, I think 165,000,000 people are responsible for the countries woes.
Oh, and all those criminals, gangbangers, etc. on the street that don't vote. They cause a lot of woe themselves. 8)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

How many of then Illegals?????

Does it really matter?
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I've a friend who was a radical back in the 60s. She's told me a number of things she did for her party back then. The things she did on election day were quite disturbing to hear. Those of us who register and vote and attempt to follow the laws don't realize how many of the homeless and criminal element are recruted on the day of the elections and taken to (sometimes multiple) places to vote.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote: Those of us who register and vote and attempt to follow the laws don't realize how many of the homeless and criminal element are recruted on the day of the elections and taken to (sometimes multiple) places to vote.
For what party?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

She was Dem then, is a frustrated Repub now.

I can't and won't say other parties don't or haven't done this, though.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Another reason for me to remain unaffiliated with any of the parties.