Primaries and Caucuses

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

awip2062 wrote:I laugh every time I read it! Thanks for brightening my day again and again!
No tickle required either. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Walkinghairball wrote:
awip2062 wrote:I laugh every time I read it! Thanks for brightening my day again and again!
No tickle required either. :-D
BONUS!
Onward and Upward!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

CygnusX1 wrote:
Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:Ha! ha! ha! They are all about money right beside most americans (that's why the votes go the way they do) that was actually funny Cyg. At any rate that's what impressed me about Edwards he was tired of big bussiness not paying their share and controling everything. I am quite surprized at how the american people swung in that respect ... well, again not really. Give me wall-street, my check, gas and wally-world and I'm happy Ha! ha! ha! Ya' I am cynical bawahahaheeheehoho
That's all well and good Spuds, but don't be like people that migrated HERE from wherever-the-hell-it-is-that-they-came-from...

The kind of people that want to live in the country, but want a WalMart they can WALK to...

IMHO, you can't have it both ways. I happen to like wallyworld...

But I DO NOT want shopping center lights 10 miles from the city, obscuring MY night sky.

It's called "light pollution", and it's rampant.

Any politicians addressing THAT? ummmm...nope.

Google "Dark Sky Initiative" and you'll see what this is all aboooot.

Hel-LOWWWWW Can-a-Duh :P
Oh' Cyg, Cyg, Cyg ... I am the exact same way I go to Wally-World too think they could treat their hard working employees a bit better though and I don't want any city lights either that's why I choose to live were I do. I got to see venus and jupiter this week :-) Again I put something in the wrong context UGH!!! of course I know what light polution is, I wasn't born yesterday and I didn't mean to give you static either. I just found it funny but not as funny as 'electile dysfunction' I do know one thing what they say to get elected usually isn't exactly what happens when they do, they all have high hopes then reality sets in and it isn't always that easy. A real honest to goodness politician would probably get assissinated to bad most do what's easy and not's what right and then the greed factor but what-ever I don't vote I am and will be an ass for that and I don't care it's the only way I can think of to stay pure as best I can. Can't blaim nothing on me I am not part of the process but I have to apy taxes so dam right I will bitch.

I say vote for XANADU :shock: :razz: :-D THEN WE'LL ALL HAVE MILK AND HONEY

I laugh at that all the time limp dick over politics ha ha ha
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

It's all good Spuds. Rock ON.

I'm votin' for Xanny too. :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

NASHVILLE, TN -- As John McCain continues to pick up endorsements his numbers in the polls continue to remain strong, McCain sounds confident about his chances for the GOP nomination on Tuesday and at times even for the presidency.

McCain said he?d assess the overall political situation after Tuesday, but then his confidence came through again.

?I assume that I will get the nomination of the party. I assume unifying our party is a very critical item and I believe we can do that and get everybody together and working together. And I?m confident I can do that.?
And we all know what happens when we assume... :-D
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

It's a big day today...
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama surged to a big lead over Hillary Clinton in California hours before "Super Tuesday" voting began in 24 states, according to a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll released on Tuesday.

In the Republican race, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney held a 7-point advantage on Arizona Sen. John McCain in California, while McCain added to commanding double-digit leads in New York and New Jersey.
Here's a question for you all; suppose it actually comes down to Obama and Romney running for the White House (I doubt that'll happen, but just suppose)... which one of them will face bigotry as the biggest obstacle?

In other words, will more people refuse to vote for one because he's a black guy, or will more refuse to vote for one because he's a Mormon?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

My guess is more will not vote for the Mormon than will not vote for the black guy.

I think more people will decide to vote for Obama because they will be afraid of what the Reverends will do/say/et cetera and the horrors this country will descend into if the black man loses to the white man.

You Mormons have always been so patient under persecution that no one is going to worry that you all will freak out and sue and cause unrest if Romney loses to a black man.

More directly to your question, I do believe more will choose not to vote for a Mormon than would have trouble voting for a black man. So many apologies have been made to the blacks, but I do not know of one ever made to the Mormons for the terrible things done to them. There is a large part of the population who have wanted a black president for a long time, but I have never heard anyone say, "Gee, wouldn't it be nice to have a Mormon in the White House?" Also, it is quite acceptable to bash Mormons, and less and less acceptable to bash blacks. I also hear people saying how bad it would be for us to have a Mormon in the office, but I do not hear (although I am sure there are those, like the Ayrians) who think that about the blacks.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Personally, I don't think either has a snowball's-chance-in-Hell, but
the question pushes me to think that Romney would face more
prejudice.

There are too many liberal "constituents" hoping and praying
(figuratively speaking of course) that Obama gets the nod.

Primarily the sin and sleaze trades. They'll take 'Hill too if it
comes down to it.

Scary stuff folks.

IMHO, for the good of the country, you gotta like McCain's chances.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:My guess is more will not vote for the Mormon than will not vote for the black guy.
The polls back you up on that. There are still certain forms of bigotry that remain politically correct in this country. I'm not whining about it... just pointing it out.
So many apologies have been made to the blacks, but I do not know of one ever made to the Mormons for the terrible things done to them.
I do know of one. To quote from the wikipedia:
Missouri Executive Order 44 also known as The "extermination order" (alt. exterminating order) in Latter Day Saint history was an executive order issued on October 27, 1838 by Missouri governor Lilburn Boggs. The order was in response to what Boggs termed "open and avowed defiance of the laws, and of having made war upon the people of this State ... the Mormons must be treated as enemies, and must be exterminated or driven from the State if necessary for the public peace?their outrages are beyond all description." The order was formally rescinded in 1976.
A couple of years ago the state made a formal apology to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for that executive order. I guess I thought it was a nice gesture, but... whatever, y'know? Everyone involved is long dead and gone. :)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, one apology. But has anyone ever offered to give you all restitution? ;-)

As for McCain....ummmmmmmm...this is supposed to look good?
:shock:

*is afraid for her nation*
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll vote for Hillary before I vote for McCain.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:Okay, one apology. But has anyone ever offered to give you all restitution? ;-)

As for McCain....ummmmmmmm...this is supposed to look good?
:shock:

*is afraid for her nation*
Not saying McCain's RIGHT t, but what else have ya got?

BTW - My Grandfather was forced to perform child labor with
Americans-of-African-descent in the West Virginia coal mines
before the unions....

...can I get restitution for THAT? :shock: :?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

CygnusX1 wrote:
I can't agree. He would be a horrible president. We will NOT be in Iraq for 100 years. Plus, after I steal his wife, he will deflate and experience shrinkage :-D
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
I can't agree. He would be a horrible president. We will NOT be in Iraq for 100 years. Plus, after I steal his wife, he will deflate and experience shrinkage :-D
Dude.....I just snarfed PB&J thru-the-nose.

That was too funny. YOU should run! Hell, I'd vote for your platform ALONE! LOL
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
OH SNARF! BBO if I choose to send in a protest vote, I am SO writing your name in! LOLOLOL
Onward and Upward!