Third Term for Bill Clinton?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Third Term for Bill Clinton?

Post by awip2062 »

A man told my mom he had a dream the other night. He dreamt that Hillary ran with Bill as her VP and then once she was elected, she stepped down and Bill took over as President.

Now I know we all know that he can't be elected again, but look at the amendment below. There is nothing saying he can't assume the office.
Amendment XXII Section 1

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice , and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.
Section two deals with ratification of the amendment and there are no more sections to this amendment.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Hillary step down for Bill? The most cheated on woman in America? Not a chance! She is owed this office and she knows it. It is now hers by right!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

actually this would be Hillary's third term. :-D :razz:
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

ElfDude wrote:Hillary step down for Bill? The most cheated on woman in America? Not a chance! She is owed this office and she knows it. It is now hers by right!
I totally do not think she would step down, but it wasn't my dream, and it looks as if it is legally possible.

Soup's right, though!
Onward and Upward!