Fairness

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

LisaBug2112

Fairness

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Something has got to be done about those damn ticket horders. This makes 2 times i have gotten so upset that i throw up trying to buy tickets. Pre-Sale is a F'n joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only way to get decent seats is to know someone etc. I am sorry but i am just tired of simple dreams never comming true for me. First show i got them for was for Houston, worst damn tickets i have ever gotten for any show of anyone ive ever seen. So we decide to try for another show & get 2 instead of 4 today. Still the same crap, no available price lvl 1 tickets! That is total BS, it is not fair, its all crap. There will be a million of them on E-bay in a while, if not now. And yes i am desperate enough to do it at the moment. As much as it hurts me to do so, i probably will. I am NEVER going to go see them again after this if something is not done. Track those AH's down & arrest them!!!!!!!
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I agree with you Lisa. I was stung on this second leg and have all but given up trying...this will be the first time in 30 plus years that I've missed a show. :(
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

:x

This stinks! I'm sorry, guys.
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I've never known anyone for anything either, and the closest
before this leg I ever got tickets from a regular priced sale
was 18th row on the VT opener in Hartford.

This leg I got 1 ticket for Mansfield MA in the 8th row,
after 25 minutes of trying for 2, and having nothing available
in price range 1. Course, now I'm going alone.

Atlantic City I got the 8th row for 2 tickets through the presale.
I was amazed.

Mohegan Sun nothing in the lowers, never mind floor.
I have the 3rd row side stage, upper deck.

Manchester NH, I have side stage but lower section, 10 rows up.
Nothing available on floor.

Last leg I got 4 in the 4th row behind the pit on Ebay for Saratoga Springs for just over $200 a seat, but it was a road trip with my son and uncle and cousin, so it was worth it.

VT I got 2nd row in the Gahhhhden for about $220 a seat on Ebay.
I wanted the close experience for once, and was where Kares and Xanny were, right in front of Ged's keyboards.

The entire way sales are handled is awful, and has been for a while for many bands. As much as Rush may care, it is most likely out of their hands, and lies within management, and their choices.
I too wish it were different, and affordable.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

I go for the music so being too close can ruin it, If i can see the stage, and hear the tunes well I am more than happy, who cares if I get a chance to touch them or something like that.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Just being in the audience at a Rush concert is good. I don't care where the seat is cause I usually don't sit for the entire performance anyways. How can one sit still at a Rush concert? I'm not that tall so I'm not going to block anyone's view and if I am then I'll sit so they can see. As long as I can see the stage and hear the music, I'll be there graciously.
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Sir Myghin wrote:I go for the music so being too close can ruin it, If i can see the stage, and hear the tunes well I am more than happy, who cares if I get a chance to touch them or something like that.
Yeah, that's what I'm talking 'bout. I just can't resist getting close enough to touch them! That's right, I'm so freakin' gay that way. I can't STAND to go to a concert unless I'm sure I'll be able to touch them!!! :-D
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I think we all are happy to get in the building anywhere and hear and
see the show.
I certainly have no need to be seen up front, or to try to garner any
recognition from the band. Before VT I always took what I got.
With the VT tour I decided why shouldn't I be able to have decent seats for once?

I think Lisa's point is that everyone should have the same fair shot
at every seat in the arena, or at least have a disclaimer before the sales start stating which rows or sections have been reserved and will not be in the general sale.

There's no reason the same people get the first 10 rows all the time, and regular folks like us who can maybe pay a little over face value,
(like I have said, I work two jobs and I saved specifically for this leg, so while my spending seems a little more than normal,
I too dislike the high prices,
though I could try to splurge if I wanted to "upgrade" this time around)
can't even get an offer for floor seats, never mind close ones.

Once in a while it is worth the treat of seeing them up close.
And it should not have to be obtained by paying ebay or broker prices.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Agreed........hell the Police show they are charging over $250.00 for front rows before the fees of brokers or Ebay, I'm glad Rush is not so spendy.
This space for rent
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Walkinghairball wrote:Agreed........hell the Police show they are charging over $250.00 for front rows before the fees of brokers or Ebay, I'm glad Rush is not so spendy.
Yes. I'm not happy they're charging MORE on this leg of the tour at the SAME venues than last leg...but still their prices are better than most.

That doesn't say much since that's pretty much the reason I don't bother to go to concerts anymore. :(

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Do like I did -

Make friendly-like with the tour sponsors' local offices/stores.

I got VT box seats from a "Major American Brewery" executive.

(Fat chance of those old farts going to a Rush show, and they
practically GAVE 'em to me.)

Find out who's sponsoring the tour, then start NETWORKING.

Local employees of said sponsor(s) will usually get some local
venue tickets. NICE tickets.

Good luck!
Don't start none...won't be none.
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

I am happy to get to see them period, dont get me wrong. And for once i get to see them more than once this time!!! The second show i got pretty good seats, around 10-15 rows back on Geddy's Side. For the first show which are VERY bad seats, i bought high powered binoculars LOL. Oh well in Houston i will be going to the Natural History Museum, never been to one. Funniest thing is i keep trying to call it the "Natural Science" Museum LOL. :-D :cool: 8) :roll: Anyway, i had to pay a little more for the second shows ticks, but i believe it will be worth it. I dont get a chance to win a meet & greet, but i never win anything anyway. Besides my mom says i would prolly puke, then pass out cold. And well shes probably right LOL. :oops: :shock:
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:I go for the music so being too close can ruin it, If i can see the stage, and hear the tunes well I am more than happy, who cares if I get a chance to touch them or something like that.
Yeah, that's what I'm talking 'bout. I just can't resist getting close enough to touch them! That's right, I'm so freakin' gay that way. I can't STAND to go to a concert unless I'm sure I'll be able to touch them!!! :-D
Once I got to lick the sweat off of Geddy's forearm! Pure ambrosia!

This kind of reminds me of something I heard Ringo Starr say the other day about Beatles concerts. "I don't think people came to our shows to hear us play. I think they came to see us." And he backed up his argument by stating that once they hit the stage the screams completely drowned out the music.

There can be more than one reason to go to a live show. But I like the whole package. The music (and I do get bugged if the mix isn't good... I really am there to HEAR the music). The electricity in the air from an excited audience. The light show. But also, as a wannabe musician, it's really a bonus for me if I can see what their hands are doing. As a wannabe performer I like watching their faces and the way they interact with the audience... hopefully to learn a thing or two.
Last edited by ElfDude on Wed May 21, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

^^^

:razz: Yer just all jealous, being up close rocks and the sound quality was wonderful at MSG front row! :razz: :razz: :razz:

Right Kares? :wink: :twisted:
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

ElfDude wrote:
Once I got to lick the sweat off of Geddy's forearm! Pure ambrosia!
TMI, Elfie! ;-)
Onward and Upward!