Disturbing things about MCCain's health care reform...

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Xanadu

Disturbing things about MCCain's health care reform...

Post by Xanadu »

* Families should be in charge of their health care dollars and have more control over their care. We can improve health and spend less, while promoting competition on the cost and quality of care, taking better care of our citizens with chronic illness, and promoting prevention that will keep millions of others from ever developing deadly and debilitating disease.
Hmmm what could this mean...more forced vaccinations and other "preventative medicine" and forced health exams or you're don't get the health plan? What a fascist!!!
* While we reform the system and maintain quality, we can and must provide access to health care for all our citizens - whether temporarily or chronically uninsured, whether living in rural areas with limited services, or whether residing in inner cities where access to physicians is often limited.
Ahhh yes social health care just what we need. No alternative or natural options unless you can pay for that as well as the taxes for the social plan. Its bad enough doctors are targets of drug marketing but with that the patients don't make them money since they are paid by the gov't, so they just have to process them through, they're already paid no matter what.
* Controlling health care costs will take fundamental change - nothing short of a complete reform of the culture of our health system and the way we pay for it will suffice. Reforms to federal policy and programs should focus on enhancing quality while controlling costs:
That is so disturbingly vague!

* Make patients the center of care and give them a larger role in both prevention and care, putting more decisions and responsibility in their hands.
That could mean "give them a choice"; submitt to these requirements or you're fucked.
* Facilitate the development of national standards for measuring and recording treatments and outcomes.
* Reform the payment systems in Medicare to compensate providers for diagnosis, prevention, and care coordination. Medicare should not pay for preventable medical errors or mismanagement.

Yeah so if the doctor fucks up and you ged ill, you're fucked!
* Dedicate federal research on the basis of sound science resulting in greater focus on care and cure of chronic disease
Yay more funding for drug companies! :roll:

* Build genuine national markets by permitting providers to practice nationwide.

* Support innovative delivery systems, such as clinics in retail outlets and other ways that provide greater market flexibility in permitting appropriate roles for nurse practitioners, nurses, and doctors.
Yay more corporations no more small practices! :roll:
* Foster the development of routes for safe, cheaper generic versions of drugs and biologic pharmaceuticals. Develop safety protocols that permit re-importation to keep competition vigorous.
Yay drugs that only cover symptoms are now even more widely available rather than holistic health care, you know healing what is wrong with your body like improper nutrition.
* Pass tort reform to eliminate frivolous lawsuits and excessive damage awards. Provide a safe harbor for doctors that follow clinical guidelines and adhere to patient safety protocols.
OMG now you can't sue drug companies and doctors that prescribe toxic cocktails of drugs to you that damage your kidneys, liver or other vital organs.
* Reform the tax code to eliminate the bias toward employer-sponsored health insurance, and provide all individuals with a $2,500 tax credit ($5,000 for families) to increase incentives for insurance coverage. Individuals owning innovative multi-year policies that cost less than the full credit can deposit remainder in expanded health savings accounts.
And where would this money come from?
* We must do more to take care of ourselves to prevent chronic diseases when possible, and do more to adhere to treatment after we are diagnosed with an illness.
So if you disagree with the treatment, you're left out in the cold.
* Public health initiatives must be undertaken with all our citizens to stem the growing epidemic of obesity and diabetes, and to deter smoking.

Hmmm health initiatives, how vague...
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

So, you are not voting for McCain, Xan?
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

That is so insulting! She's a Huckabee girl :-D
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

NADER'S RAIDERS ARE BACK! :twisted: :P :razz: :twisted:

someone's goin' DOWN.

who is it? I say DEMOCRATS in general, but he's a
equal opportunity vote-stealer. :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Who are you voting for Cyg, the Hilldabeast? :twisted: :razz:
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Xanadu wrote:Who are you voting for Cyg, the Hilldabeast? :twisted: :razz:

*Snarf* :lol: :lol: :lol:
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Xanadu wrote:Who are you voting for Cyg, the Hilldabeast? :twisted: :razz:
LMAOROFL

Good one Xan, but hey - thanks for playing!

We have some lovely parting gifts for ya. :smt075

jus' kiddin' home skillet! ((((Xanny :*))))

I dunno...Nader's got balls.....or A.D.D. :roll: :lol:

Maybe BOTH....Haven't figured him out yet.
Me

Post by Me »

I am sending a letter to 1600 Pennsylvania today. :razz:

Dear Obama,

I just wanted to be the first letter you get at the white house congratulations'.

Kevin

With the taxes we pay medical care should be cost free to everyone. If it wasn't for stupid wars it would be a reality. I'll get my panty's in a knot if I get into this subject :x

You all have a care free day
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

If it wasn't for stupid wars it would be a reality.
C'mon, Kev. It's only up to 16 billion per month! Gotta stay "Warmonger Fabulous," after all. :-D
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I think the big difference is that Johnny Mac will probably deliver.

Billary's been pretty mum about it since her plan got shot down in flames during Slick Willy tours I and II.
Me

Post by Me »

You have to be prepared use prevention and always have a contingency plan and don't flopulate with every orfice that comes along. :razz: More people, more rules to create jobs, some needed, some in the name of economic development. We need health care reform and the only possible way it is going to work is follow Canada's program or the UK. Believe me any associated costs incured by doctors or insurance company's is only going to be passed along to the patients, there fore only a social program is going to work. We must not have one set of doctors for the rich and another for the poor, it needs to be fair across the board. I enjoy being a democracy but in all aspects it's not the best way to run a huge country nor the world. That comment will more than likely get a lot of people's panty's in a knot ... but you really must think about everything involved to come to that conculsion. Nevertheless we are headed down the road towards social medicine now whether you like it or not. With the requirment already set in some states that you have to have health insurance. That makes social medice already here in a way, it really does. The state picks up the tab for the people who can't pay and were does that money come from, hard working people so that in my mind, is not fair and equitable to the hard working man having to pay for his insurance, on top of more and more taxes. Pretty soon it's going to look like roses on the other side and people will just give up and stop working in order to smell those roses. I wish I had the answers that would make everyone happy. Welfare needs to be reformed too. I would make every able body work. yes it would cost more in the begining but would eventually pay for itself. I'd make mother on welfare run day cares so others don't have an excuse not to wrk. I'd make wefare people bus drivers to drive others to sweep streets what ever it took if our young people saw your going to have to work more kids would stay in school instead of being garbage and swill collectors I'd even have some of them working at composting everyones trash everyone would WORK. Education another problem that se to be a rich mans game yet now some iddle class people struggle to find the money to help their children some people are not smart out of the gate but far exceed the ones that are in the long run some of the time. That's another thing that should be free with our tax dollars instead of wars what's wrong with us as humans and can't figure ou simple answers to these question instead we'd rather bash someone in the head more reasons I don't vote the world shouldn't be black and white it should be a rainbow. I suppose I am just a dreamer and sorry my key board isn't working correctly so there probably is some missing letters I have to bash them :?
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

We need health care reform and the only possible way it is going to work is follow Canada's program or the UK.
BUT THEIRS SUCKS!!!!! Would you take a steaming pile of shit if it was "free" (paid for by our tax dollars)? I won't. Does the government?s escalating intervention into our freedom to choose what we eat and how we take care of their health not concern you?

Medical costs can be cut with freedom:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/57/ ... h-freedom/
We're all mad here!
Me

Post by Me »

Government and private health and public policy analysts have compared the health care systems of Canada and the United States. The U.S. spends much more on health care than Canada, both on a per-capita basis and as a percentage of GDP. In 2005, per-capita spending for health care in the U.S. was US$6,401; in Canada, US$3,326. The U.S. spent 15.3% of GDP on health care in that year; Canada spent 9.8%. Studies have come to different conclusions about the result of this disparity in spending. A 2007 review of all studies comparing health outcomes in Canada and the U.S., in a Canadian peer-reviewed medical journal, found that "health outcomes may be superior in patients cared for in Canada versus the United States.

OK so what's wrong with this picture? Canada's health care system is superior and they have a lower % of infant mortality etc... yes, there wait time is a bit more but not in emergency situations ... so I ask how come I have to pay such a large percentage out of my pocket for my health care when my taxes already exceed those of Canadians and at the very least they are getting equal to or greater care than us. Health care is just one problem out of many that plagues America and we do need change but I only see candidates with violins hopefully I am wrong and true change will come and I know one thing if it's really going to be change a lot of people aren't going to be happy. I say; to bad, throw them some cheese to knaw on they'll get over it.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Me wrote:Government and private health and public policy analysts have compared the health care systems of Canada and the United States. The U.S. spends much more on health care than Canada, both on a per-capita basis and as a percentage of GDP. In 2005, per-capita spending for health care in the U.S. was US$6,401; in Canada, US$3,326. The U.S. spent 15.3% of GDP on health care in that year; Canada spent 9.8%. Studies have come to different conclusions about the result of this disparity in spending. A 2007 review of all studies comparing health outcomes in Canada and the U.S., in a Canadian peer-reviewed medical journal, found that "health outcomes may be superior in patients cared for in Canada versus the United States.

OK so what's wrong with this picture? Canada's health care system is superior and they have a lower % of infant mortality etc... yes, there wait time is a bit more but not in emergency situations ... so I ask how come I have to pay such a large percentage out of my pocket for my health care when my taxes already exceed those of Canadians and at the very least they are getting equal to or greater care than us. Health care is just one problem out of many that plagues America and we do need change but I only see candidates with violins hopefully I am wrong and true change will come and I know one thing if it's really going to be change a lot of people aren't going to be happy. I say; to bad, throw them some cheese to knaw on they'll get over it.
Why do we pay more in the US?

Hmmm......frivolous(sic?) LAWSUITS maybe?

The high cost of malpractice insurance premiums for Doctors and hospitals being passed
on to patients and policyholders??

Oh...one more....the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of ILLEGAL ALIENS
over-burdening the US medical infrastructure?

I think that's a good start, but I could always be wrong.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Yeah and with social health care you have like NO FREEDOM, no say on what kind of treatment you get. Its bad enough why make it worse? Canadians actually cross the border into America to use our health care even though they have to pay. Kev, you want some bureaucrat deciding for you how to treat your chronic condition? You know its YOUR body and if you disagreed and said no thanks you'd be left out in the cold! Seriously, I am surprised you are in favor of social health care. Don't you think it is important to have the option of holistic health care (without paying for both) or the ability to chose what procedures you want done?
We're all mad here!