Los Angeles: Removing your rights in the name of kindness

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Hose monster fish..
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:Me n Siggs...you two made me laugh! :lol: Thanks.
Hi t! ((((t))))

Sorry. We stoop to 'ghetto' sometimes. :roll: :-D

ME....apologize to the nice mumsey.

**raises eyebrow**

LOL
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

No need to apologize. Laughter is good medicine!
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

How did I miss this! :x

Yep all about control. Professional breeders are what puppy mills? Responsible hobby breeders do all they can to ensure that their puppies are placed in good homes and most of them require spay or neuter so WHY PUNISH THEM with fines to breed their dogs? Its totally unfair to people who are responsible enough to own an intact dog that do not agree with altering their pets.

I don't want a full grown dog locked in eternal puppy hood...most people do BUT NOT ALL. I want a mature, fit, strong, driven, protective dog. I enjoy training dogs and from experience I know altered dogs never have the same muscular physic, endurance and mental maturity. Not to mention the lack of hormones ruins their coat texture. They developer a softer fuzzier duller coat. My boy will always be a stallion.

There are long term negative health effects of spay/neuter:
http://www.naiaonline.org/pdfs/longterm ... indogs.pdf
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I was waiting to see your reaction on this one, Xanny.
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Recently they tried to pass legislation in Virginia that would ged this: actually fine commercial breeders (puppy mills) but of course that did not get passed :(
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I was thinking about Xan's response and if this law had been here in Washington I wouldn't have Delta. Her breeders didn't decide to be breeders until after their bitch was an adult. Delta came from their first litter, which wouldn't have been if their bitch had been spayed at a young age.
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Its sad that the problems with pets are not the pets but with the humans. The problem is irresponsible pet owners. A responsible owner is going to properly care for and supervise their pet whether its altered or not. An irresponsible owner is STILL IRRESPONSIBLE even if their pet is altered or not a pitbull. Breed specific legislation and mandatory spay/neuter is ineffective and UNFAIR!

The only answer is to hold owners LIABLE for anything their pet does...if their dog bites somebody (unprovoked) then it shouldn't matter if its a pitbull or a golden retriever; charge the owner with assault or whatever. If the dog kills a person, charge then with manslaughter...exceptions would be where the dog was protecting its self, human or property, puppies whatever or was provoked or teased by a stupid person. I have no sympathy for morons if they tease somebodies rottweiler and it bites them, too damn bad :twisted:
We're all mad here!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

You could use the same argument with gun control. The people who play by the rules and are responsible pay for the people who are not. :-)
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

and the people who are not responsible do not care anyway, so they will ignore the law.
Happy 2015!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

RIGHT ON BRO!!! :-D
We're all mad here!
Traveler of Willowdale

Post by Traveler of Willowdale »

I just love the fact that it has to be done by 4 months. <note>
You can't even start showing in conformation until 6 months! LOL

I agree with having pets spayed and neutered, but I think this is a law that will be of benifit to puppy mills and hurt the hobby kennels because they are not professionals.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I think they are going with four months to make sure no one accidently gets pregnant as puppies have done even though their owners had planned on spaying at a later age.

Just wait, folks, we are headed for a day in which you are told how many children you may have, and the government will enforce it.
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

awip2062 wrote:I think they are going with four months to make sure no one accidently gets pregnant as puppies have done even though their owners had planned on spaying at a later age.

Just wait, folks, we are headed for a day in which you are told how many children you may have, and the government will enforce it.
^^^^

*nods wisely*

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...