Alex in the News

All about Alex

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Alex in the News

Post by awip2062 »

DOUGHBOY ALERT!: On John Kastner?s new album, Have You Seen Lucky?, the former Montrealer proves he still has a knack for writing and performing melodic, high-energy pop-punk songs, as he did in the glory days of the Doughboys so long ago. And he?s assisted by an amazing list of collaborators, including his old Doughboy cohort, Bionic?s Jonathon Cummins, as well as Voivod?s Away (aka Michel Langevin), Rush?s Alex Lifeson, Fear?s Lee Ving, treble charger?s Trevor MacGregor, All?s Karl Alvarez and Blue Rodeo?s Jim Cuddy. Kastner plays the El Mocambo at 10. Meanwhile, local punk rockers Tacoma Redd preview songs from their coming album over at the Kathedral.

I got this from http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2006/06/10/1624053.html
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

It's been more than three years since the infamous New Year's Eve skirmish involving Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson, but a court case that evolved from it just wrapped up.

Lifeson (real name Alex Zivojinovich) sued three Collier County deputies in Naples, Florida after the fracas involving the part-time The Big Dirty Band member, his son Justin Zivojinovich and police with Taser guns. He claimed that the officers used excessive force and violated his civil rights while subduing him and his son.

But U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson ruled this week that the deputies actions' "were objectively reasonable" and that a hotel and security employee weren't negligent in the case.

Lifeson's lawyer, Michael McDonnell, plans to appeal the ruling.

Lifeson issued a press release in 2005 explaining his side of the New Year's Eve activities, which resulted in him receiving a battery charge but no jail time for him or his son after accepting a plea bargain.

The police department countersued the father and son duo in late 2005, claiming that they started the kerfuffle.

Rush will release their new Snakes & Arrows album on May 1.

?Antoinette Mercurio
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Rush star Alex Lifeson is appealing a ruling that cleared Florida sheriff's deputies who arrested him and his son at a New Year's Eve party in 2003 of brutality, because he's sick of heavy-handed police operations in the area.

Lifeson, real name Alex Zivojinovich, was shocked when Judge Paul Magnuson ruled last month the officers were "objectively reasonable" in their behavior - even though they Tasered Lifeson and his son Justin and broke the guitarist's nose in a fight at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Naples, Florida.

Lifeson is now fighting back after collecting video evidence and witness testimony, which will prove the police officers and the judge were wrong.

He says, "We have thousands of pages of documents, we have about 15 witnesses, we have video, we have so much compelling evidence of the brutality that we went through that night.

"To have it just thrown out, and to have a judge, who advocates me being punched in the face twice by two cops, breaking my nose and Tasering me six times, (rule it) as adequate and appropriate conduct on the part of the police, that's not right."

Lifeson hopes his appeal will prompt officials in Florida to clean up their act: "I'm not the first person that's been beaten up in Florida... but I can't just not do something. I can't just let it go.

"I feel terrible for the guy who doesn't have any money or doesn't have any celebrity who this happens to all the time... If I can do something to make it easier for the next guy who gets jumped on by the cops, then I'll feel good about it."
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Canada - Nov. 13, 2007

For the second consecutive year, RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson auctioned one of his original paintings (preview) on eBay to support The Kidney Foundation of Canada. The winning bid was $5,700.

Last year, Lifeson, along with about 90 other Canadian celebrities, created paintings to help bring attention to the crisis surrounding kidney disease and kidney-related illness, not only in Canada, but around the globe.

After these paintings were exhibited at various locations in Southern Ontario, an online auction was held, garnering over $16,000 for the charity.

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

It's great to see the boys doing things to help others. :-D
Onward and Upward!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Laura Julia wrote:Tablet,Launch car diagnostic,ect.I think you might enjoy it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
tablette pas cher|Scanner OBDII|Gadget Pour Ordinateur
Eff off, Massengill.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

YYZ30 wrote:
Laura Julia wrote:Tablet,Launch car diagnostic,ect.I think you might enjoy it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
tablette pas cher|Scanner OBDII|Gadget Pour Ordinateur
Eff off, Massengill.
Effed off!
This space for rent