Dates are posted NOW!!!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Soup4Rush wrote:Dude, that's harsh. Funny though, I had never even heard of Archie until I saw him sitting in the RCA dome watching Peyton play. :wink:
Not uncommon. Archie played almost his entire career here in New Orleans. The owner at that time (John Mecham) would trade away any good players, and that left Archie to fend for himself. Best the Saints ever finished with him here was 8-8, so he gets overlooked a lot. He held all the QB records at Ole Miss (until Eli broke most of them), and still holds most of the Saints records. Is still the only QB to start the ProBowl from a losing team. If Archie had been on a better team, his name would have been a bit more know.

I know Archie pretty well, as the Manning family has been going to the same church as my grandmother since before Cooper, Peyton, and Eli were born. When I was a kid (and sometimes now if I know Archie's going to be there), I would go to some of the church events with my grandmother to see him. He's like a god in this city.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Soup4Rush wrote:I will wear my Peyton Manning jersey :wink: and no comments from you PV!!!! :oops:
Wha??? Me??? :wink:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
hossinvancouver

Post by hossinvancouver »

I know that I should not complain about what I am inevitably going to complain about...but, every time they post their tour dates there is no mention of Vancouver, BC...until they finally add us. I know, I know...who the #%*@! cares about Vancouver. We had a whopping 8500 come out the VT gig in Vancouver. However, I cannot help but complain that Toronto and Montreal are mentioned...the centre of the fucking universe. Seattle, here I come!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

hossinvancouver wrote:I know...who the #%*@! cares about Vancouver.
My wife's from Vancouver....well, Pentiction, but nobody's ever heard of Pentiction. :shock:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

PV wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:I will wear my Peyton Manning jersey :wink: and no comments from you PV!!!! :oops:
Wha??? Me??? :wink:

Its OK PV. I can talk about it now. I have moved on with my life. My therapist told me there is always next year....
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

by-tor wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:Dude, that's harsh. Funny though, I had never even heard of Archie until I saw him sitting in the RCA dome watching Peyton play. :wink:
Not uncommon. Archie played almost his entire career here in New Orleans. The owner at that time (John Mecham) would trade away any good players, and that left Archie to fend for himself. Best the Saints ever finished with him here was 8-8, so he gets overlooked a lot. He held all the QB records at Ole Miss (until Eli broke most of them), and still holds most of the Saints records. Is still the only QB to start the ProBowl from a losing team. If Archie had been on a better team, his name would have been a bit more know.

I know Archie pretty well, as the Manning family has been going to the same church as my grandmother since before Cooper, Peyton, and Eli were born. When I was a kid (and sometimes now if I know Archie's going to be there), I would go to some of the church events with my grandmother to see him. He's like a god in this city.

Most people have never heard of Cooper either. I have heard that he was even better than Peyton and Eli, but he had some illness, I think menegitis, correct me if I am wrong, that ended his football and or baseball career. Peyton wears 18 in honor of him (Cooper's high school number.)
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I saw that too and felt for all the Rush fans I know in your area, Hoss. I am planning on taking my two eldest kids to see Rush in Seattle, maybe we will see you there.

BTW...nice to have someone on By-tor from this area (we are sorta across the water from you on the Olympic Peninsula).
Onward and Upward!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Soup4Rush wrote:Most people have never heard of Cooper either. I have heard that he was even better than Peyton and Eli, but he had some illness, I think menegitis, correct me if I am wrong, that ended his football and or baseball career. Peyton wears 18 in honor of him (Cooper's high school number.)
He played (was red shirted) at Ole Miss (WR), but had a "spinal cord injury". Archie's refered to it as a bulging disk, and some of the press here called it a congenital problem. If you ask the Mannings, Eli says that Archie was a better player than he, Peyton, and Cooper. However, if you ask Archie, Peyton, and Cooper, all three of them say it's Eli.
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

that pic is cool zivo whered ya find it?
2112X1mbh

Post by 2112X1mbh »

Well my bad news is: this tour they are only coming to 2 venues in Ohio. Wheras last year they had Cincinnati as well as Columbus and Cleveland. However, my good news is: my hubby is letting me go to NJ with PV for my third show. How lucky can a girl ged? :D :D

It's really a pity I'm not made of money and could travel to Cali so I could go with Pan, Tn with NPG, and wherever else I can go that someone would be willing to let me go with them to the show!! 8)
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

You and PV will have a BLAST!!! Enjoy it!!!

I will miss you in TN. but believe me, I sure understand about the $$ thing!!! 8)
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

2112X1mbh wrote:However, my good news is: my hubby is letting me go to NJ with PV for my third show. How lucky can a girl ged? :D :D
:oops: Aaaaw, MB... We are going to have a BLAST! I'm glad you and Tom will be joining us as we've got quite a crew assembling for Camden and Trenton. 8)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Well me and a pal of mine are going to attempt to meet up for one of the Ohio shows, stay the night, make a vacation out of it maybe. If I cant get the funds for that, i'm going to the Saratoga show definetly.

I've been so excited about this, it'll be my first Rush concert, and hopefully not the last. :D
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

It will be my hubby's first Rush concert, too. I'm so excited for all you 'newbies'!!!!!!! 8)