Lottery

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

Lottery

Post by Me »

It's just a dream but I'd like to know what you would do if you won say 50 million.

As we all know great responsibility comes with that kind money.
For myself I certainly don't need that kind of cash so I'd start many self perpetuating foundations and scholarship programs for the needy in the name of my deceased daughter more than 3/4 would go to things to help people habitat for humanity. I always wanted a built in swimming pool so I'd get me that and I wouldn't work doing what I do now, I'd be involved with the charity work full time. I'd also take a small portion and remember the people that helped me of my family along the way one of which would be included with the scholarship program and drug rehab. Nothing would make me more happier than being able to help others nothing!

So what would you do?
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Bank it, Finish my school, Eliminate my lady and my school debts, and maybe a bit of the spendy. Wouldn;t stop working or anything
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

50 mil?

Canadian or US? (Acutally, right now its about equal)

$3M immediately into a high yield savings account. Never spend the principal, only the interest. All of my debt, my sisters, and my parents would vaporize in about the time it takes me to write the checks. My house would immediately be brought up to snuff (along with the neighbor's as we are a duplex- as a gift to them) and promptly our half put on the market to move into our dream house...what the wife wants built to her specs, then off of the garage would be a bowling alley...

Which leaves about $35M to spend. I would immediately start scholarships and trust funds for the needy students that I would pick to receive the money (again, the money for this would be put into a high yield account, so there is always a seed there).

$25M... would make a nice thing to put into the bank.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I would buy me some property in the Pacific Northwest, and build a huge house. I would also have a flying field for my RC airplanes. I would also buy out the first 3 rows of the Gorge for a Rush concert and invite all of my Bytorian friends, complete with airfare. You all could stay at my huge house and we could have a big Rush party.
Happy 2015!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Sir Myghin wrote:Bank it, Finish my school, Eliminate my lady and my school debts, and maybe a bit of the spendy. Wouldn;t stop working or anything
Wow, Mygh. That's a bit harsh. So are you saying you'll hire a hitman for that or would you do the deed yourself? :-D :shock:
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I was wondering the same myself.. :shock:
Happy 2015!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:Bank it, Finish my school, Eliminate my lady and my school debts, and maybe a bit of the spendy. Wouldn;t stop working or anything
Wow, Mygh. That's a bit harsh. So are you saying you'll hire a hitman for that or would you do the deed yourself? :-D :shock:
wow i knew it was early in the morning, but thats just too funny, eliminate our debt heh
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Sir Myghin wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
wow i knew it was early in the morning, but thats just too funny, eliminate our debt heh
Call it a Freudian slip...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Wow, that would be a ton of money! :shock:

Okay, first, I know that at least half is gonna disappear to the government, but I think that even $25 million would still be a ton of money.

Ten percent of the whole would go to tithe.

A portion would be set aside, invested, so that I could live off the interest and take care of my family (especially the elders).

A portion would be set aside to just totally blow on myself and my friends, and some given to each of my immediate family to do the same.

A portion would be sent to the various charities I support monthly, with some would be set aside so that the charities could continue getting monies.

I LOVE the idea of getting all the By-Torians who can/want together! I'd love to see the ones I've met before again and meet others I haven't yet.

And I have always wanted to travel the country in a motorhome homeschooling. Which would include stopping by to visit some of you all!

So, pretty much, I'd like to have some to live off, some to play with and then some to give and keep giving.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Soup4Rush wrote:I would buy me some property in the Pacific Northwest, and build a huge house. I would also have a flying field for my RC airplanes. I would also buy out the first 3 rows of the Gorge for a Rush concert and invite all of my Bytorian friends, complete with airfare. You all could stay at my huge house and we could have a big Rush party.
My name is awip2062 and I approve this message! :-D
Onward and Upward!
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

Flippin retire dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dunno about the rest and what I would donate/give to family/give to anyone else. I just wanna bang on the drums all day damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array patterns so grand and complex.....
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Tom Sawyer wrote:Flippin retire dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dunno about the rest and what I would donate/give to family/give to anyone else. I just wanna bang on the drums all day damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Tom's back! WOOHOO! Howdy-do! Good to see ya!

I'd go along with Z's plan, then Soup's. hahaha

Seriously, I'd set aside a few Mil in a high-yield account like Z,
and live nicely on the interest alone, have a blowout-off-the-hook
Rush S&A concert crawl(party, like Soup), help our disabled Veterans
and my hillbilly peeps enduring hard times in Appalaichia.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Me

Post by Me »

I want to move to Appalachia.
play the fiddle and raise chickens, watch the world go by ... just what's in front of me and maybe do a little twiddling too
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Me wrote:I want to move to Appalachia.
play the fiddle and raise chickens, watch the world go by ... just what's in front of me and maybe do a little twiddling too
And will you buy a 67 Ford pickup and put it on blocks in your front yard?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

ElfDude wrote:
Me wrote:I want to move to Appalachia.
And will you buy a 67 Ford pickup and put it on blocks in your front yard?