Alex Jones on Global Warming.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Alex Jones on Global Warming.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Cyg, I know you can't get you tube, but this dude has something rather inportant to say about the sun and how it is heating up. If you can find a link to this dude, find whatever you can about Global Warming and the sun. You will know what this is about fully then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9aA8JL0VI

EDIT: Ok, Jones don't say it, but he puts the info out on it from the source.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Re: Alex Jones on Global Warming.

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Cyg, I know you can't get you tube, but this dude has something rather inportant to say about the sun and how it is heating up. If you can find a link to this dude, find whatever you can about Global Warming and the sun. You will know what this is about fully then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9aA8JL0VI

EDIT: Ok, Jones don't say it, but he puts the info out on it from the source.
I'll look him up, but Dude....it's 29F here this morning.

If I hear ONE MORE WORD ABOOOOT (Hel-LOW Can-a-duh) GLOBAL WARMING....

THWAAAP! :smt075

I mean, wouldn't you agree that it would be more disturbing if the Sun was COOLING?

Anyway, I'll look it up when I get a break.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

One colder winter doesn't disprove the planet's warming. What does prove it is the higher temps of the oceans and the melting of polar ice. That is happening. It has been measured, analyzed, videotaped and intensely studied and experimented on for decades, and the research reaches back to many thousands of years. The issue is whether or not there is anything we can do to take the edge off of it and extend the life of earth and us for a little while longer.

What sucks is that if (when) the planets begins to really show off and take us out in giant slabs, I won't have the heart to say, "Told ya so." :cool:
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Agreeing with the fact that what we have done in the past and well now, yes we need to stop belching filth into the sky. But my whole take on GW is that it is not 100% man made as the freakshow GW'ers claim. Not that I know any of them personally. BUT if the sun is in a warming of it's own, and the moons of Jupiter which were soilid ice and are now mostly water, It's not from Earth and definitely not man made.

Sayin.

Blue Berries anyone? :-D
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Agreeing with the fact that what we have done in the past and well now, yes we need to stop belching filth into the sky. But my whole take on GW is that it is not 100% man made as the freakshow GW'ers claim. Not that I know any of them personally. BUT if the sun is in a warming of it's own, and the moons of Jupiter which were soilid ice and are now mostly water, It's not from Earth and definitely not man made.

Sayin.

Blue Berries anyone? :-D
TESTIFY Brudda.

(I'm still trying to get over all the scientific explanations given for
Old Testament Scripture on the History Channel all weekend.)

What a classic case of information overload!
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Yeah, I agree as well. It's a natural turn of events. Earth has done this before even without our "help." Hot is hot, though. Image
Walkinghairball

Hot Hot Hot!!!!
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:One colder winter doesn't disprove the planet's warming. What does prove it is the higher temps of the oceans and the melting of polar ice. That is happening. It has been measured, analyzed, videotaped and intensely studied and experimented on for decades, and the research reaches back to many thousands of years. The issue is whether or not there is anything we can do to take the edge off of it and extend the life of earth and us for a little while longer.

What sucks is that if (when) the planets begins to really show off and take us out in giant slabs, I won't have the heart to say, "Told ya so." :cool:
Actually the most recent data is that the oceans haven't warmed for a while.

edit: I might as well give my source, rather than make a gratuitous claim.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=88520025
Morning Edition, March 19, 2008 ? Some 3,000 scientific robots that are plying the ocean have sent home a puzzling message. These diving instruments suggest that the oceans have not warmed up at all over the past four or five years.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Oh, you brute! You always treat me this way in front of your friends. :cry:
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Oh, you brute! You always treat me this way in front of your friends. :cry:
You're going to do this again are you?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

You're just like him!
Walkinghairball

Phuck, what I do now??? :-D
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:You're just like him!
Why do you always have to bring him into it! You know I hate being compared!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Well, then you can compare yourself!

I have to go...I have...an appointment.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

*shakes self off and regains composure*

Ahem! (cough cough) Yes...

We should probably revisit GW myths number eight and nine.
Myth 8 Unprecedented melting of ice is taking place in both the north and south polar regions.

Facts 8 Both the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are growing in thickness. Sea ice around Antarctica is growing. Temperature is falling at the South Pole.

Temperature in the Arctic Ocean region is just achieving the levels of warmth experienced during the early 1940s, and the region was warmer still (sea-ice free) during earlier times.

Myth 9 Human-caused global warming is causing dangerous global sea-level (SL) rise.

Facts 9 SL change differs from time to time and place to place; between 1955 and 1996, for example, SL at Tuvalu fell by 105 mm (2.5 mm/yr). Global average
SL is a statistical measure of no value for planning purposes. The global average SL rise of 1-2 mm/yr that has occurred over the last 200 years shows little sign of increasing.