Alex Jones on Global Warming.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Ha-ha! Nice one, Myghsy. I was just thinkin' how weird it must be for someone who is a "not-logged-in-guest-probably-from-Counterparts, etc.-not -a-close-knit-friend/By-Torian" reading this and many other of our threads and they are saying things like, "WTF?" and "Where's the Rush?" and "Are they really lovers?" and "Wow, that guy is back after so long" and "Who are these people?"

It's nice to be so interesting, eh?

BTW, the earth is warming :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Love you guys! All of ya!
You know, this may explain why so many people sign up and never post once! :oops:
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
That depends?

If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 16,000 years, it is warming.
But if you look at the average temperature trend over the last 10,000 years, it has been cooling.
If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 2,000 years, it is cooling at an even faster rate.
If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 700 years, it has been fairly level.
If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 20 years, it is warming.
If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 10 years, it has been fairly level.
If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 2 years, it has dropped like a rock.

So? it depends.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hmmmmmm....which shall I pick?

*picks a Jackson ;-) *
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

Big Blue Owl wrote:No. It's not you...it's me.
Now don't be blaiming Me, I stayed out of this, so far. :-)
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
That depends?

If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 16,000 years, it is warming.
But if you look at the average temperature trend over the last 10,000 years, it has been cooling.
If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 2,000 years, it is cooling at an even faster rate.
If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 700 years, it has been fairly level.
If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 20 years, it is warming.
If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 10 years, it has been fairly level.
If you look at the average temperature trend over the last 2 years, it has dropped like a rock.

So? it depends.
MY question is:

WHAT did they measure the temperature with waaaaay back then?

AND:

...exactly WHAT is all that fuzzy math gonna matter - when our
great-great-great-grandchildren-five-times-removed are on a slab?

jus' keepin' it real. :???:
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
That depends?

So? it depends.
MY question is:

WHAT did they measure the temperature with waaaaay back then?
Those statements are based on ice core sample data. If you'd like a link to my source, I'll give it to you.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Um, no.....I'll stick to electrical engineering, but thanks for asking. :)
Me

Post by Me »

Maybe the Myans were correct and the sun is going to explode on Dec 12 2012. :shock: I am sure that climate change is a combination of factors leading us into this situation. Regardless with more than 6 billion people on this little rock surely we have had a negative impact. I'm just sayin :razz: I like your new avatar Cyg kind of goes with mine :-D :twisted: :razz: 8)
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Me

Post by Me »

I see peeps are staying away from my previous comment :roll: so I'll make it even more interesting If you concentrate on any picture of a section of our universe and notice the specks of light, some big some small. Magnify these specks of light and you will find two types, one type is 'big banging' and the other is 'sucking in.' Our sun is a star that may be in the final phases of 'big banging.' We know that the sun goes through cycles. Some say 24,000 years, some say 11,000. There is some speculation that on December 21, 2012, there will be a line-up of our solar system with the central black hole of the universe.
One theory that I have developed in the formation of our solar system is that this sun was part of a massive explosion of a big ball of elements and for 4.6 billion years, the sun has been travelling quickly, now slowly away from a central point. All of the planets and the asteroid belts have been sucked out of the sun by the gravitational pull of the central point. At some point, this solar system will stop advancing from the central point and will reverse course as in the universal breath. The point that this is projected to happen is on May 20, 2012 when there is supposed to be a electro-magnetic shift in the poles of the earth.
You really need to understand the quantum mechanics of the atom and then compare the number of planets in our solar system with the layout of a particular atom. An atom containing 9 electrons. The electrons of this system have all but lost their negative charge and you know, if the moon had any magnetic elements in it, it would be 'sucked into' the earth because the earth is a magnet and if Mercury had any metallic elements in it, it would be sucked into the sun.
All of the planets in this solar system have an opposite pole charge than the sun; that is the protection against global warming from the sun. On May 20, 2012, I believe the whole solar system will 'flip' in the electromagnetic charge, maybe the whole of the universe, and the volcanoes will start for a period until the charges from the sun and the earth equal. Then between December 12 and 21 of 2012, the whole of the universe will start contracting.

and in other news today is national black out day or something of that sort
the world is going to go dark between 8 pm and 9 pm your suppose to shut off all electrical sorces in your home some big cities around the world are doing this so tonight my loving peeps please shut everything off to show your green concern for our planet
Me

Post by Me »

And yet some more garbage found on the www however it amazes me the theory's some people come up with.

Massive explosion on the Sun Quote

As Solar Sun aligns with the galatical center in 2012, the electro magnetic gravitational forces balances out only after massive Solar flaring of huge Mass Energy ejection leading to creation of tiny planet between Sun and Mercury.source: [link to survive2012.com]

This helps my theory- All eight planets are Earth evolving! Mars is Earth a billion years in the future and Venus is Earth a billion years in the past. Every so many billions of years the sun spits out a baby planet, baby Earth.

Many world cultures are based on a cycle of birth, destruction, and rebirth. The symbol of the Ouroboros, a serpent or dragon swallowing its own tail, has existed since the dawn of civilization. Yet no one is completely sure where it comes from. We only know that it signifies eternity. The ancient Mayan Sacred Calendar places Earth in a final cycle of life that will end near the winter solstice of 2012 AD. Many other civilizations and faiths maintain a belief in reincarnation, continuous birth, and return. Only three world religions use the concept of linear time instead of cyclical time: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

What if we have all lived the same lives and done the same things countless times? What if the world is trapped within a bubble in time where everyone is doomed to repeat the same actions over and over again? Would worldwide religions and governments want you to know about this, or would there be a monumental conspiracy to cover it all up?

Some people currently think that the illuminati, a highly secretive group-believd by many to be a wayward branch of the Society of Freemasons-is responsible for such a conspiracy. They believe that the Illuminati have infiltrated every branch of government, including NASA and all of its work, and every religion on the face of the planet. It is said that Fatalism, the religion doctrine of a preordained and immutable future, is being used to control our hearts, minds and spirits. Religion is being used to keep us unaware of what is really happening in order to maintain a power structure of the elite ruling over us until our deaths, and possibly until the death of the entire world.

This book explores the possibility that life as we know it is going to end on December 27th of the year 2012 AD, as outlined by the ancient Mayan culture of central Mexico. Their most sacred and accurate calendar, Tzolk'in, which is based on the 26,000-year cycle of the Pleiades, states that thirteen cycles of 400 Mayan years will pass before the calendar ends. it begins in 3114 BC on august 1st ( roughly 3750 BC in "our" calendar), which is very near the time of creation as perceived by the Jews.

If you count every century as a single "day" as some Biblical scholars do, the world's first day could have begun with the century of 3700 BC, and on the last day, or day of completion, would have been the century of 3100 BC. This juxtaposition seems to be much more than coincidental. However, these are merely calendar estimates concerning Biblical Creationism, and as most scientists now know, our world is much older than that.

In fact, this book relates to a time line that is an endless cycle beginning roughly 1,000,000,000 years ago, before the first appearance of mankind. This cycle has no real beginning or absolute end, and thus is a manifestation of the Ouroboros-the snake/dragon swallowing it's own tail and perpetually manifesting an infinite and eternal universe. It culminates in the year 2012 AD, when the earth is hit by a giant asteroid and is changed forever, slowly turning into an uninhabitable, frozen orb which eventually becomes the planet Mars. Before this happens, a group of intrepid, technologically advanced people known as Antis, led by the actual Antichrist, must travel back in time to the planet Venus, to begin life anew and to perpetuate an eternal cycle which will keep mankind forever evolving and alive indefinitely.

We have much established research pinpointing the Cydonia region of Mars as corresponding to the Giza region of Egypt, where the five Great Pyramids reside. On mars lie the ruins of incredibly similar structures that are obviously artificial, as they encompass many straight lines and right angles that cannot be formed though natural means. These structures, along with the famous "Martian Face"- which, remarkably, appears to be the crumbled ruins of the Egyptian Sphinx-pointedly correspond almost exactly to the Great Pyramids of Egypt.This validates a current scientific theory, postulated and detailed in this book, that Mars is indeed the planet Earth in the not-too-distant future. If this is so, then the planet Venus, Known to the Romans as Lucifer, or morning star, must also be Earth in it's distant past.We have found much Scientific evidence indicating the potential validity of this remarkable theory.

We propose now to show you an entirely realistic history within this book, based on hundreds of hours of solid current scientific research and factual data from a wide variety of interrelated and extremely credible resources. We suggest that the proposed Antichrist of the Bible will appear very soon in our times and establish a New World Order, fulfill many of the soundest Biblical prophecies. Then he will leave in a spaceship with twelve people of his eternal destiny, known as Antis, to begin life anew on Venus just before the predicted cataclysm engulfs our forewarned but doomed planet on December 27th of the year2012 AD.

Did you all know I am the anti christ? BAWAHAHAHEEHEEHOHO AND I GOT TO GO! DON'T FORGET PLEASE I LOVE YOU! :-)
Me

Post by Me »

Something a bit more serious if you all could adhere to this please do it for our planet for your children for the worlds people. If you go onto the net you can find much more infomation on this. Hey it's a start and it's not going to cost you a cent matter of fact it will save you a few dollars. I have changed all my lights to the enviormental kind have my tv computer on circuts so I can shut completely off when not in use as you all are probably aware of keeping them off isn't really keeping them off they are always on even when off it's called the ready mode or some shit like that and shutting them off ALL the way will save you around 10 dollars a month just for your tv and your pc is even more it all adds up of course you have to keep your ice box on LOL just saying like my ole friend Cyg says keeping it real trying to help you all with a few me hints not to say you all already don't know and hope you apreciate the kind jesture hugs Kev.

Earth Hour
Google users in the United States will notice today that we "turned the lights out" on the Google.com homepage as a gesture to raise awareness of a worldwide energy conservation effort called Earth Hour. As to why we don't do this permanently - it saves no energy; modern displays use the same amount of power regardless of what they display. However, you can do something to reduce the energy consumption of your home PC by joining the Climate Savers Computing Initiative.

On Saturday, March 29, 2008, Earth Hour invites people around the world to turn off their lights for one hour ? from 8:00pm to 9:00pm in their local time zone. On this day, cities around the world, including Copenhagen, Chicago, Melbourne, Dubai, and Tel Aviv, will hold events to acknowledge their commitment to energy conservation.

Given our company's commitment to environmental awareness and energy efficiency, we strongly support the Earth Hour campaign, and have darkened our homepage today to help spread awareness of what we hope will be a highly successful global event.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Me wrote:Google users in the United States will notice today that we "turned the lights out" on the Google.com homepage as a gesture to raise awareness of a worldwide energy conservation effort called Earth Hour.
Actually it's called Google "Dark", and you can access it anytime.

Good ideas there though. Saving money is just as good as
good as saving energy.

I'm sticking with incandescent lighting though. Lower wattage is
the key. You still save money and energy by lowering the wattage
of your lamps, and you don't have to worry about the special disposal
handling and health concerns of CFL's (compact flourescent lamps).

We haven't heard the rest of the story about the latter though.

Hell, they don't know what long-term exposure to FIBERGLASS will
do to you yet - much less CFL's.

Here's one for you.....think you're saving money by using a DIMMER?

Guess again.

Unless you're a electrical geek like me, you won't
realize that dimmers USE electricity to CONTROL electricity.

Get rid of 'em. :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote: I'm sticking with incandescent lighting though. Lower wattage is
the key.
Better stockpile them in a couple of years then. Congress and Bush have signed the bill banning their use by 2021.

CygnusX1 wrote:Here's one for you.....think you're saving money by using a DIMMER?

Guess again.
My question was, do dimmers work on flourescent lamps? I haven't tried it, but suspect there would be a problem...
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Pretty sure dimmers don't work at all with CFL's. They all say do not use with dimmers and such, can however, get dimmers that do work with them, seen them alot in pot lights, might just have to dim it differently.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote: I'm sticking with incandescent lighting though. Lower wattage is
the key.
Better stockpile them in a couple of years then. Congress and Bush have signed the bill banning their use by 2021.

CygnusX1 wrote:Here's one for you.....think you're saving money by using a DIMMER?

Guess again.
My question was, do dimmers work on flourescent lamps? I haven't tried it, but suspect there would be a problem...
Dimmers ARE made for flourescents, but they are a non-linear
device controlling a non-linear load (electronic ballasts) in the
flourescent lamps.

Expect harmonics to wreak havoc on the neutrals of your electrical
system after you've installed 20 (or more) of those things in your
house. (Harmonics increase neutral current on electrical systems,
creating more heat and possibly burning neutral (grounded)
conductors.

I liken it to the problems we encountered when the cable company
took us all to digital cable.

The cable companies didn't tell us that if you have older RG-46
(or equivalent) coaxial cable already in the house, you just lost 30-40%
of the digital signal coming in, and it's up to YOU to install R-6 cable
or signal amplifiers to carry enough signal.