How Many Sneakers Do You Buy A Year?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

How Many Sneakers Do You Buy A Year?

Post by awip2062 »

Tue Apr 1, 9:50 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) - Got a passion for buying sneakers? It could be a good sign, with a poll finding that people who buy three pairs of sneakers or more a year are far more likely to be a leadership type that other people.

Mindset Media, a media company that examines personality traits of different consumers, found that people who buy more than three pairs of sneakers a year are 61 percent more likely to have the qualities of a modern leader.

These qualities were defined as having ideas and vision, and a style with others that is both inclusive and decisive.

The survey of 7,500 people, using market research group Nielsen's online panel, found multi-sneaker buyers were 50 percent more likely to be very assertive and 47 percent more likely to be spontaneous.

Lauren Arvonio, a spokeswoman for Mindset Media, said sneaker buyers were more likely to fly by the seat of their pants.

"It is often said you can tell a lot about a person by the shoes they wear, and now we have some hard data to back that up," Arvonio told Reuters.

"What is interesting is that these personality traits held true across the board, regardless of age, income, or gender."

Previous Mindset Media surveys found that people who pay their credit card bills off each month were more likely to be "highly deliberate," thinking through their actions, but also less modest than others, likely to brag about their habits.

Hybrid car owners were found to be 78 percent more likely to be highly creative than other people and less dogmatic.

(Writing by Belinda Goldsmith, Editing by Patricia Reaney)
Interesting to see what things they are looking at in these polls.

So, now when I meet a person, I can find stuff out about them that I might not otherwise know by learning their shoe buying habits or if they pay their bills off each month or drive a hybrid car.

Hmmm....
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Does buying them for your kids count?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I buy sneakers about every 3-5 months cuz I crush the hell out of them. Be as big as I am, and walk on concrete all day. See how well yers last. LOL
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Yeah, me too, bro. I'm no fashion freak, but I have to get new 14 wides every 3 - 4 months as well. They are very brave, but no match for a giant and gravity. Come to think of it I have a closet full of them I should ritualistically dispose of :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

heh You remind me of my youngest son who thinks that all guitar picks must be disposed of in an honorable and respectable manner. Like flags. LOL
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote:heh You remind me of my youngest son who thinks that all guitar picks must be disposed of in an honorable and respectable manner. Like flags. LOL
just wow..

as for shows if I have cash every 4 months or so I need a new pair, the last pair was worn for 10 months, dead after 4.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I feel yer pain bro.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I must be most unleaderish because I will wear the same pair of shoes for more than a year.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

At least one. I cleaned out my closet a few weeks back had 6 pair in there, mostly all grubie from gardening so I bought me a new pair but after I used them I pit them back in the box for our next outting and will use my grubby ones for the dirt and wal-mart I through out 2 pair. I do like my sneaks. Anyone try the new crocks and if so how do you like em?
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I've seen bunches of people wearing those crocks, but I haven't tried any. They look like they are hard and I like soft-sided shoes like mocs best.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I wear generic crocs. When weather permits. Very comfy indeed.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I was looking for something to wear on my feet at the lake while swimming. I ran across those Crocs and bought a tan pair. They barely fit, are ugly as Helen Thomas, but they keep the dead bodies and glass off of my feet :-D

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:I've seen bunches of people wearing those crocks, but I haven't tried any. They look like they are hard and I like soft-sided shoes like mocs best.
I typically buy one pair a year, as I'm in construction and wear safety boots for work and motorcycle ridin'.

I rarely wear sneaks, but I just bought a retro 70's pair of suede
Pumas at the holidays.

They don't make 'em like that anymore...
Don't start none...won't be none.
Me

Post by Me »

I think I will buy me a genric pair of crocks I hear they are comfy. Gina got a pair and likes them when she broke her foot they worked out well for her. Thanks for the input :D
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

They are very cool and comfy for normal people, but for us foot giants they are strictly utilitarian. :-)