Rockers Vote Republican?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Rockers Vote Republican?

Post by awip2062 »

By Sue Zeidler Wed Apr 2, 8:51 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - If you are male and a Led Zeppelin fan, chances are you may be leaning toward voting Republican in the U.S. presidential election, according to a survey of rock radio fans released on Wednesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Jacobs Media's Media/Technology Web Poll IV of more than 27,000 respondents cited stronger than expected interest in the November 2008 election among fans of rock, classic rock, and alternative radio stations.

It also found that John McCain, the Republican candidate for U.S. president, was the top pick for the Oval Office for men and classic rock partisans -- those people who tune in to stations playing music from the "original classic rock era" of 1964 to 1975, comprised of bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who and Pink Floyd.

Jacobs Media said the survey, conducted among 69 U.S. rock-formatted stations in markets as diverse as Los Angeles and Knoxville to Buffalo, found 84 percent of the respondents planned to vote in the November election.

"People are clearly engaged by this election, even rockers. A lot of stations tend to shy away from politics because it's so polarizing, but this data suggests they'd better find a way to talk about politics this fall to keep listeners interested," said Fred Jacobs, president of Jacobs Media. He said the company threw the political questions in as an afterthought and was surprised by the results.

The survey was conducted in late February and early March.

About 30 percent of the respondents called themselves Democrats, while nearly 22 percent described their politics as Republican and 21 percent declared they were independents.

About 26 percent of the respondents either named a different party, preferred not to answer, or refused to categorize themselves.

The survey found women and fans of alternative radio, featuring '80s and '90s rock, tend to be Democratic, while men and classic rockers lean Republican.

Asked about their overall presidential preference, Democrat Barack Obama led the pack with 26 percent support among those planning on voting in the November election.

McCain ranked second with 22 percent and Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton drew 18 percent.

There were also a fair share of write-in votes. Mickey Mouse ranked as the top presidential choice of 11 respondents, and singer Ted Nugent was written in by three members of the Rock sample.
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I heard this on the radio this morning.. pretty interesting :-)
Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

And if you are a Ted Nugent fan, you will almost CERTAINLY be voting Republican. ;)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL And killing your own food! hehe
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote:LOL And killing your own food! hehe
MEAT! \m/
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

This just in..

Obama is going to speak at our kid's high school tommorrow.

oh happy day :roll:
Happy 2015!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Soup4Rush wrote:This just in..

Obama is going to speak at our kid's high school tommorrow.

oh happy day :roll:
what point can that possibly make, I mean high school kids can't vote ( except for a few of em anyway).
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Makes 'em look good to the parents, kids actually do talk to their parents and will tell the folks how cool Obama is and how wonderful and make him look good to Mom and Pop, AND they will be voting within four years, right?
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

It's also what's called a "photo-op". Reporters come, take pictures, and put the talking points of the speech on TV and in the paper.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

thing is.. we are on spring break this week.. so all the kids are home..

thank God
Happy 2015!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote:Makes 'em look good to the parents, kids actually do talk to their parents and will tell the folks how cool Obama is and how wonderful and make him look good to Mom and Pop, AND they will be voting within four years, right?
Thats what I was thinking try to apply some pressure to parents from kids, it wouldn't influence any sensible parents to alter their thinking thought so hence my misunderstanding of why the situation is done.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

well let the madness begin.. The school is right next to our neighborhood.. police cars, buses CNN trucks, sattelite dishes everywhere. What a mess.. I am glad I am working today and I hope all that madness as cleared out before I get home tonight..

To get into this event you had to have a ticket which you could get on the internet.. well the inner city folks said we don't have internet access to obtain a ticket via the internet, thats racist they said.. so they made a place where the inner city folks could go to obtain a ticket, get this.. the place you ask... The same place they had their black power party, you know the one where they had all the signs advertising it that I posted about a few months back, the one I emailed the NAACP about and never have received a reply back from. Well they are also providing transportation to the poor inner city folks ,who are so oppressed they don't own a car, so they can all go and see their man..

It seems to me if the FWPD was smart, they could hang out over there today and probably clear half their active warrants.. :-)

Just so long as they are all gone by the time I get home tonight, its all good.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:well let the madness begin.. The school is right next to our neighborhood.. police cars, buses CNN trucks, sattelite dishes everywhere. What a mess.. I am glad I am working today and I hope all that madness as cleared out before I get home tonight..

To get into this event you had to have a ticket which you could get on the internet.. well the inner city folks said we don't have internet access to obtain a ticket via the internet, thats racist they said.. so they made a place where the inner city folks could go to obtain a ticket, get this.. the place you ask... The same place they had their black power party, you know the one where they had all the signs advertising it that I posted about a few months back, the one I emailed the NAACP about and never have received a reply back from. Well they are also providing transportation to the poor inner city folks ,who are so oppressed they don't own a car, so they can all go and see their man..

It seems to me if the FWPD was smart, they could hang out over there today and probably clear half their active warrants.. :-)

Just so long as they are all gone by the time I get home tonight, its all good.
Lemme know if Fox News gets in there...

They usually treat them (Fox) like lepers.

Barack and Hillary are definitely "fair and balanced." :roll:

Thanks for reaffirming my beliefs that reverse racism is alive and well too.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

well according to a report on CNN, Being Black in America. That is not the case. How can there be reverse discrimation when Black America owns nothing? makes me want to wretch.. I really try hard to be tolerant and non predjudiced, I really do. I think all men and women are created equally and should all have the same rights regardless of anything, but damn, I am so sick and tired about hearing about poor black America..
I honestly think if Obama is elected, this country is going to be so racially divided and we as a whole are going to be set back 50 years.
Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Soup4Rush wrote:well according to a report on CNN, Being Black in America. That is not the case. How can there be reverse discrimation when Black America owns nothing? makes me want to wretch.. I really try hard to be tolerant and non predjudiced, I really do. I think all men and women are created equally and should all have the same rights regardless of anything, but damn, I am so sick and tired about hearing about poor black America..
I honestly think if Obama is elected, this country is going to be so racially divided and we as a whole are going to be set back 50 years.
One of the reasons I'm so impressed with great thinkers like Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, and Justice Clarence Thomas. All were born in very poor circumstances. Yet all were able to see beyond the dogma, educate themselves, and seek genuine solutions to the problems.