Why vote for Hillary?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

And this is the guy who aired the video that showed snipers shooting Americans. Yeah, I remember him.

And they say Rush is the over the top one...
He reported an incident. There was a video. The rest of the media and political dummies made it an outrageous story. I'd like to see Lamebaugh embedded in Iraq for months on end. He doesn't have enough clean underwear for one day :-)

------------------------------------

Michael Savage. First, his real name is Oscar Mayer...I mean Weiner :)
Second, his ranting seems to be like Ann Coulter lite.

------------------------------------

Michael Alan Weiner, better known by his pseudonym Michael Savage, is an American radio host, author, and conservative political commentator. He holds master's degrees in medical botany and medical anthropology and earned a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, in nutritional ethnomedicine. As Michael Weiner, he has written a number of books on herbal medicine and homeopathy.

As Michael Savage, he has written four New York Times best sellers. His nationally syndicated radio show, The Savage Nation, reaches more than 10 million listeners on 410 stations throughout the United States, ranking third in number of stations syndicated nationwide and third in nationwide audience behind Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

Savage summarizes his approach to conservatism in three words: borders, language, and culture. Some have characterized his views as conservative nationalism.[2] Consequently, he is a critic of illegal immigration, a supporter of the English-only movement, and claims that liberalism and same-sex marriage are degrading American culture. Although his radio delivery is sometimes characterized by colorful language and a confrontational approach, much of his show involves ruminating on topics such as history, culture (food, books, television), health issues, and personal anecdotes. His show is peppered with such phrases as "liberalism is a mental disorder", and many of his comments have earned Savage the criticism of progressive groups and even some conservatives.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote: He reported an incident. There was a video. The rest of the media and political dummies made it an outrageous story.
Then why weren't we shown the raw footage of 9/11? The bodies hitting the ground and all that? It was an incident. There was video.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Touche.
Well, perhaps we didn't see that horrible carnage because Michael Ware wasn't there yet. :)
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Touche.
Well, perhaps we didn't see that horrible carnage because Michael Ware wasn't there yet. :)
I have a different theory. But I'll shut up because for some reason I'm really emotional now and I'd probably regret posting whatever came out.
:)

I remember Glenn Beck a while ago when asked if he ever says stuff on the air that he regrets. His answer was, "Every day". I can really understand, and wonder if I could handle that job. I'd be coming back every day with an apology for the previous day.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

wait a minute, this Michael Ware.. did I hear this right?? he was imbeded with Iraqi snipers who were killing Americans? Is Michael Ware an American? and did he standy by and watch these snipers pick off Americans? Please give me some background here..
Happy 2015!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

wonder if I could handle that job. I'd be coming back every day with an apology for the previous day.
Truth. Me too.

And I can sense your frustration today. Bro-hugs, man. I hope it drains from you like someone's pulled the plug.

Whatever our opinions, we're a team. Go us.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Soup4Rush wrote:wait a minute, this Michael Ware.. did I hear this right?? he was imbeded with Iraqi snipers who were killing Americans? Is Michael Ware an American? and did he standy by and watch these snipers pick off Americans? Please give me some background here..
Sniper video controversy

On October 18, 2006, CNN aired a small portion of a videotape sent to Ware which showed snipers shooting at and apparently killing American troops. The video was a tape sent to CNN to which Ware added narration for the edited broadcast that showed American soldiers being stalked and eventually brought under fire by the shooters. After the news report was shown, Press Secretary Tony Snow accused CNN of "propagandizing" the American public. Representative Duncan Hunter, then-chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, asked Donald Rumsfeld to remove CNN embedded reporters following the airing of the news report,claiming that "C-N-N has now served as the publicist for an enemy propaganda film featuring the killing of an American soldier."

If you are him and you receive this tape, you give it to your boss. They have you do a narration to the video. What's all the hubbub? Bub. :-D
Last edited by Big Blue Owl on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

And I think he's Australian.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

OK, that I can deal with.. He was just doing his job.. I was thinking he was actually there while they were killing Americans. That is a horse of a different color.. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :-)
Happy 2015!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

You're quite welcome, man. BTW, check out dude's nose! Someone jacked him good.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

A florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he
asked about his bill and the barber replies:

"I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service
this week." The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber goes to open his shop the next morning there is a
'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his
bill, the barber again replies:

"I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service
this week." The cop is happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up there is a
'thank you' card AND a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Later that day, a college professor comes in for a haircut, and
when he tries to pay his bill, the barber AGAIN replies:

"I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week."
The professor is very happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber opens his shop, there is a
'thank you' card and a dozen different books, such as:
'How to Improve Your Business' and 'Becoming More Successful.'

Then, a Congressman comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay
his bill, the barber, yet again replies:

"I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week."
The Congressman is very happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are...

A DOZEN Congressmen lined up - waiting - for a FREE HAIRCUT.

That, people, illustrates the fundamental difference between
the citizens of our country and the members of our Congress.

You can have your already-hijacked thread back. I'm out.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

We're all mad here!