4.3 billion barrels of oil found in N. Dakota

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

4.3 billion barrels of oil found in N. Dakota

Post by Big Blue Owl »

That's right, 4.3 billion barrels of oil found in N. Dakota.

So what will happen now? More oil for the companies to sell us at 110 dollars per barrel?
Can it be used domestically in a dramatic, new program that will ease our dependence on foreign sources? The prior largest U.S. amount is on the Texas/Louisiana border area and is 1 billion barrels-worth, so this is not the answer to our prayers, seeing as how we zip through 20.73 million bbl/day (something like) but perhaps if planned out and used correctly, if not daringly, this new find may become a welcome respite from the inflated prices, not to mention give a few smug Saudis a reason for pause.

Any thoughts, criticisms, brain storms, etc?
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

My understanding is that this oil supply is still below the ground. It isn't coming out if the enviros have their way.
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

You may be right. But if they and everyone else thinks about it, someone's going to extract that crude. Should not the government halt any claiming/drilling until every angle has been examined? I'd like to see this translate into a positive for the U.S. consumer, somehow. One of the least populated places in our country happens to be rich in black gold. Seems almost obvious to me. I'm a bit reactionary and daft, though. :-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

All I have to say is.......

Alaska.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

We are still to dependent on oil and need to use alternate fuel expecially for autos and save the black gold for more important things that run our and the worlds economey.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I was talking about this thread at work yesterday. He was telling me about a "round Table" discussion he saw on tv a while back. In this group of people there was an executive from one of the major oil companies on the panel.

The executive said that gas prices would be hypothecally around $1.30 a gallon NATION WIDE if all the states would just agree on one octane of fuel, and then diesel.

With all the refining and re refining to get the other grades of gas.............regular, premium, and super unleaded, that is most of the reason for the almost $4.00 gallon we are seeing today.

I'm not sure of the validity, but it makes sense.......................unless it is a smoke screen.
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

L, if that's actually true, and it becomes known to everyone, watch how quickly we sacrifice choice for economy. Like the reverse of my Walmart visit today :)