Geddy Up! It's time for Derby '08!!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

Geddy Up! It's time for Derby '08!!

Post by Kares4Rush »

Well, well well, the Run for the Roses is only two weeks away already.

Anybody wanna saddle up? Join me in a mint julep? :-D

I must admit I haven't studied the entries as hard as I should this year but anyone who loves the ponies can join in!

Back with hopefuls...

Trifecta BABY!!!

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2008/

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Me

Post by Me »

WOO-HOO!!! :-D

Pass me a mint julep and a program
superfector Ohhhhhhhhhhhh' Yaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Me to Kares I haven't looked at them to much but Pyro is a good horse never mind his last race that could of been planed that way. Wendy knows her horses. Come on Kares and I do this every year chime in for a 2 dollar bet.

GEDDY UP.....OH' YA BABY!!!
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Me

Post by Me »

As some of you know I enjoy writing little dittys using the Derby horse's
this one has to do with one of our own Rush chicks (Feather) playing on her drums.

Adrianon had a show of Pyro on her Big Brown set edging Eight Belles while Colonel John a Cool Coal Man raced to see the Visionaire Re-Capture-The-Glory playing War Pass with Court Vision and catching Smooth Air with Z Fortune and Z humor on the rail with the Tale of Ekati

I didn't include all the horses ... perhaps later, perhaps not maybe I'll mess around and do another one?
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

So what horses are good and what odds are there?
This space for rent
Me

Post by Me »

I was burning the midnight oil last night studying the ponies and my pick would be Pyro. Of course you all know Kares, Wendy (where is Wendy the nice lady she is) an I like the horses.
The Derby is a good bet so many really good horses the best 3 year olds in the world enter this event. For 2 dollars if a somewaht of a long shot comes in and you win on the superfector you can make 40 or 60 grand as millions of people bet on the Ky Derby making the pool huge. Colonel John is good as is Big Brown along with Adriano as I used them in my ditty. I think if you box 4 horse it's 46 dollars but you can try and pick 4 in order for 2 dollars and if they come in it will be very sweet. Way early to get odds they change right up to 5 mins of the race.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I'm kinda a Pyromaniac right now. But I always get all crazy at the Derby. By the Preakness I calm down.

Oh how I LOVE the smell of hoss shite in de Spring!!!

Wendy, where art thou???

Me, you know I'm huggin the rail with you. Last July was a treat.

Wendy

Post by Wendy »

1:Big Brown
2:Court Vision
3:Colonel John
4: Pyro

I too,admire the scent of pony poop!!! :)
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Me

Post by Me »

Wendy wrote:1:Big Brown
2:Court Vision
3:Colonel John
4: Pyro

I too,admire the scent of pony poop!!! :)
Nice choices Wendy. :D I too like the smell of horse poop, might as well add cow too, as long as it's aged.
Me

Post by Me »

A picture of Geddy for my ponie pals.

GEDDY UP BABY, GEDDY UP! :-D

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

This is an OMEN!!! GEDDY UP, ME!!!

Goin for the PYRO Technics here. :-D :-D

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I'm puttin' 50 bones on "Mother's Little Helper." 8)
Don't start none...won't be none.
Me

Post by Me »

Mother's little helper LOL

Quilted clouds laid out over the oval.
Struggle, choice and pain turning turf
racing shawdows, whips, kicks and sticks,
on all sides lickety-split.

Colorful hats cheering holding story's
because we are never where we are,
but somewhere else, except for that
first saturday in May.

Geddy Up!
Me

Post by Me »

Me

Post by Me »

I have been doing a bit of studying but not nearly finished yet. The top 2 horses so far are Colnel John and Pyro the speed and stamina are there with their proven track record and pedigree. Zhumor has the pedigree for the distance but not quite as fast as the other 2. There is A LOT more horses in the Derby now than there was a week ago it's going to be like a NYC subway at rush hour. :shock:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Me wrote:I have been doing a bit of studying but not nearly finished yet. The top 2 horses so far are Colnel John and Pyro the speed and stamina are there with their proven track record and pedigree. Zhumor has the pedigree for the distance but not quite as fast as the other 2. There is A LOT more horses in the Derby now than there was a week ago it's going to be like a NYC subway at rush hour. :shock:
Then speed has nothing to do with it. It's the hoss who can push and shove the best and take a kick at the same time! :shock: :lol: