Hello! I'm new here ...

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Destino

Hello! I'm new here ...

Post by Destino »

Title says it all.

I'm not a huge Rush fan, but I like what I've heard of them! I've only got Rush in Rio and a few tracks from some bootleg recordings. My favourite songs from Rush in Rio would have to be YYZ, One Little Victory and Driven. I have played the drums for nearly six years now. My main influences include Bill Ward, Ian Paice, John Bonham, Cozy Powell, Eric Singer, and, of course, Neil Peart.

My favourite bands include Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Dio, Motorhead, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Ozzy Osbourne, Rainbow and Iron Maiden.

I also post at the The Official Tony Iommi Forum, The Unofficial Ronnie James Dio Board and Mitch Van Beekum's Ozzy Osbourne Forum, although I'm taking a break from the Tony Iommi Forum, as some of the idiots on that Board are starting to get to my head.

Anyway, this looks like a good forum. Not too many people. I like that. :)
Last edited by Destino on Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hey Destino! Nice to see you here at By-tor. I am sure H will love having you with her at three boards now (well, two I guess if you are leaving Iommi's, not that she posts there much anyway).

Don't let the weirdness of the people here bother you. This is as nice family here.

Just wait until H geds back and can introduce you properly to her brother and aunties and cousins and uncle and....

Anyway, watch out for duct tape and shaving cream! :wink:

Rush on!
Onward and Upward!
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Welcome in, Destino!!

I hope you continue your exposure to Rush. I think you'll particularly like "Moving Pictures" and "A Farewell to Kings." Although they are all great of course. 8)

And any friend of Ts is a friend of mine. :D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Watch out for NPG, Destino! She drools over Neil worse than I do! BUT, she is a good friend to have.
Onward and Upward!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Great, just what I need, more hippies.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

welcome to the party destino, if you like a heavier sound i'd recommend maybe 2112 or carress of steel on rush albums some of their heavier stuff on those. Or the first albums pretty awesome too
Destino

Post by Destino »

Yeah, 2112 has been recommended to me before by someone on the Tony Iommi Forum. I'll definitely keep an eye out for that one, and others. I mainly see only compilations, though.
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

by-tor wrote:Great, just what I need, more hippies.
Great, just what I need, a fat hairy nerd! :P
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Destino wrote:Great, just what I need, a fat hairy nerd! :P
GEEK!!!! It's GEEK. Geek and nerd, two different animals. I think I see a tree over there which needs a hug. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ooooooohhh! Can I have my husband kill it?
Onward and Upward!
wcp

Post by wcp »

no mum,
welcome
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Destino wrote:
Yep, you are going to fit in here juuust fine, Destino! :D Welcome to the asylum! Now go outside and play. :wink:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Destino wrote:Yeah, 2112 has been recommended to me before by someone on the Tony Iommi Forum. I'll definitely keep an eye out for that one, and others. I mainly see only compilations, though.
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Excellent! You rock, dude! Just remember that under all his fat hairy redneck geekeyness he is really a Martha Stewert wannabe.

Och, and welcome aboard!

Lessee...You are my lil brother, so that would make awip (t) your Mum, PV and Panacea your aunties, wcp (Craig, my hoser brother) your big brother, Schuette (who is not here right now, but will hopefully return to us before too much longer) your Grandmumsey, and Sir Myghin (Sir Mydweeb, or Sir Mygeek) your cousin, though I dunno who his Mum is...PV? Since you are denying Chris is yours wanna claim Sir Mydweeb? :twisted:
Destino

Post by Destino »

Ah, right. Is by-tor related to anyone? Or is he just the creepy guy who stalks people? :shock:
wcp

Post by wcp »

By-tor is kinda like the dirty old grandpa spraying kids with the hose as they walk by....
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hey there Destino! Welcome. Cozy RULES!!!! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...